Champions League

Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few of them leave; one of them at least certainly.

Didn't take much for martial to be prized away

Conckers- what's the reason for Spurs early exit?

The EL defeat I put down to lack of interest from the club.

It took £50m, (which can rise to £80m) to get him, and they had an extremely talented youngster called Kylian Mbappe to replace him.

Come on Bloots, you know fine well why Spurs (and City + Arsenal) were eliminated, The EPL is not as good as SKY / BT / Media makes out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few of them leave; one of them at least certainly.

Didn't take much for martial to be prized away

Conckers- what's the reason for Spurs early exit?

The EL defeat I put down to lack of interest from the club.

Conckers :laughing:

Didn't deserve to qualify from the group to be honest, Monaco and Leverkusen were better.

The only excuses can be made is that they never had their strongest team out for all six games, but they also haven't in any other game in any competition this season either.

Then there's playing at Wembley, big pitch doesn't suit the pressing game and away teams raise their game playing there.

Dreading next season.

I'm fairly certain as well as anyone else on here would be, that they would have qualified had the home games been at White Hart Lane.

Conckers :laughing:

Didn't deserve to qualify from the group to be honest, Monaco and Leverkusen were better.

The only excuses can be made is that they never had their strongest team out for all six games, but they also haven't in any other game in any competition this season either.

Then there's playing at Wembley, big pitch doesn't suit the pressing game and away teams raise their game playing there.

Dreading next season.

I'm fairly certain as well as anyone else on here would be, that they would have qualified had the home games been at White Hart Lane.

Aye maybe just perfect storm of the above.

Any team with loris, Toby, dembele and erikssen should be performing better.

As for ghent; collective indifference would be diagnosis.

Did you go over? Ace city.

Big season for Potch next year wrt Europe. If Spurs have ambitions they need to showcase these on the biggest stage.

It took £50m, (which can rise to £80m) to get him, and they had an extremely talented youngster called Kylian Mbappe to replace him.

Come on Bloots, you know fine well why Spurs (and City + Arsenal) were eliminated, The EPL is not as good as SKY / BT / Media makes out.

35m actually.

(Up to 60m, not 80)

Aye maybe just perfect storm of the above.

Any team with loris, Toby, dembele and erikssen should be performing better.

As for ghent; collective indifference would be diagnosis.

Did you go over? Ace city.

Big season for Potch next year wrt Europe. If Spurs have ambitions they need to showcase these on the biggest stage.

I don't go abroad anymore, doesn't interest me and can't afford it what with doing most of the games over here as well as a few dons games.

If we got your pals from Rotterdam i'd go though. ;)

the fact you had to embellish that just shows your need to...

as an aside, no one can say the champions league isn't a great tourney this season?

I think well supported teams get sufficient success (and would without seeding) that they don't really need the foot up that they get to ensure it, at the expense of some clubs who it may be their moment in the sun.

I honestly don't know how any football fan can say that it is fair that 12 teams in next year's Champions League will be from 4 countries and not be Champions.

You winna be able to see it min, down your way.

You supporting a local side yet?

I'd suggest Arsenal for you, good solid archetypal epl side

I've been with work to Arsenal corporate three times since moving here, its a piss poor atmosphere. I didn't really pay attention to the fitba, too busy enjoying the free booze.

I've been asked to go to West Ham, I gave in once and paid for a ticket............................we didn't get out of the pub and missed the match.

If I did pick a team I'd go for a national league team or some lower league shite

Getting interesting now.

Not a bad draw for Leicester. Atletico not been that great this season. Atletico will be more than happy with the draw though.

Dortmund v Monaco will be some tie.

Good chance to see how good Juve are (or not) against Barca.

Getting interesting now.

Not a bad draw for Leicester. Atletico not been that great this season. Atletico will be more than happy with the draw though.

Dortmund v Monaco will be some tie.

Good chance to see how good Juve are (or not) against Barca.

They have drawn more games than previous seasons.

But last 25 games they have only lost 3 times, and 2 of those games were against Barca.

Lump on Leicester to get through to final after defeating Monaco in semi.

Sporting bet that Leicester get knocked out by Atletico ?

• 1 month later...

Will Barcelona come back this time being 3-0 down to Juventus after the first leg.

Their 6-1 comeback against Paris Saint-Germain was outstanding but will be hard to repeat.

But if one team can pull it off it is Barcelona.

Another corrupt team. Got through the last round due to another "dodgy" ref decision.

Hope juve and AM can make the final.

Or BD or Monaco but I don't think they are good enough to win.

Sonething about RM annoys me. Zidanes made them

Tough to beat but to me they're aren't a great side

Played 75, won 55. drew 15, and lost only 5, scored 206 goals and conceded 76.

Win % of 73.33 which in the complete history of Real Madrid, of playing more than 50 games, is the 2nd best, ever. (Ancelotti had 74.79%)

First season he has won the Champs league, Super cup, World club cup and broke the Spanish record of most consecutive wins.

2nd season Real are in champ league 1/2s, clear at top of La Liga, and have set another Spanish record of scoring in 40 odd consecutive games.

Nae bad for not a great side.