Champions League

How what should happen then?!

Barca real bayern and Dortmund should all be able to go in same group?

Meaning an utter minnow can get to last 16, last 8 with a bit of luck and get fucking horsed rendering the semi and final an utter non showpiece?

It upsets me that someone so high in sports broadcasting thinks that is a bad thing. That's called fair competition MT, the 'luck' of the draw.

Horribly scornful use of the word 'utter' there as well.

They are from the best league in the world, 3 time back to back winners of the Europa league that your beloved Man United are desperate to win this year.

"only 2 past them" aye 2 penalties saved and they also struck the woodwork twice over 2 legs, and CS had multiple good saves.

Sevilla had 71% possesion, more shots, more corners, CS had more saves.

LCFC did what they did well last night, and played good counter attacking football, but to say they should of won 6-0 when they had 2 shots on target is a bit wild, even by your standards.

A lot of bait in there :laughing:

I do know Seville had their chances too; but Vardy missed at least three good chances mid 2nd half onwards was my point.

Anyway, if they are so good and from "the BLITW" c.f. EPK, then why did Leicester beat them (quite comfortably in the end)?

Leicester, let me remind you are shite this season and NOT from the BLITW.

A lot of bait in there :laughing:

I do know Seville had their chances too; but Vardy missed at least three good chances mid 2nd half onwards was my point.

Anyway, if they are so good and from "the BLITW" c.f. EPK, then why did Leicester beat them (quite comfortably in the end)?

Leicester, let me remind you are shite this season and NOT from the BLITW.

Why did Arsenal get beat 10-2 on agg if the EPL is the BLINTW ?

Never said it was.

Don't care about those sorts of meaningless media sound bites.

Just thought your statement was rubbish.

Yes you have, on many many occasions.

Of course LCFC, or any other team in that position are going to have chances late in a tie, when the opposing team are requiring a goal, or elimination, so are pushing men forward, and already down to 10 men.

As I previously said, LCFC did what they won the league on, counter attacking. and fair play to them for doing that well. But to say they should of won 6-0 is ridiculous.

Is football losing it's touch?

I barely cared when Barcelona had that come back last week - couldn't understand the 'greatest of all time' chat, and not particularly impressed with the game last night, even though it's incredible and fantastic that Leicester are in the semi's, apparently.

I barely cared when Barcelona had that come back last week - couldn't understand the 'greatest of all time' chat, and not particularly impressed with the game last night, even though it's incredible and fantastic that Leicester are in the semi's, apparently.

I think the same way, when I was younger I would have watched most matches but now I don't bother unless its a team I support.

Maybe the secret for a good pitch is for Aberdeen to build a 7 storey car park underneath their new stadium. On saying that a wee bit more sun may help.

What sort of backers Monaco must have to have a 9000 average crowd at their matches and produce young talent like this.

Maybe the secret for a good pitch is for Aberdeen to build a 7 storey car park underneath their new stadium. On saying that a wee bit more sun may help.

What sort of backers Monaco must have to have a 9000 average crowd at their matches and produce young talent like this.

Comms have been saying its a poor pitch, bobbly type...

I think the same way, when I was younger I would have watched most matches but now I don't bother unless its a team I support.

I'm pretty cynical about the cartel-style way football at the highest level is run. Can understand why some are put off. However, I also just like watching football. Tonight was another thrilling cup tie. If you haven't enjoyed this years competition, then I'd say it's time to put yourself out of your misery and just pack-up watching the Champions League.

I'm pretty cynical about the cartel-style way football at the highest level is run. Can understand why some are put off. However, I also just like watching football. Tonight was another thrilling cup tie. If you haven't enjoyed this years competition, then I'd say it's time to put yourself out of your misery and just pack-up watching the Champions League.

I packed up watching it a long time ago, its not just about the way its run, I've no interest in teams outwith who I support. 15 years ago I'd have watched any football on TV. I've just lost interest in it, can't really explain why.

Aye Monaco are quite some side.

Don't know why you have s problem with English sides Dynamo min.

City getting beat in the CL is never a surprise.

It's their (Sky/Media/Pundits etc) arrogance and their ignorance of European leagues that makes me prefer their clubs to get beat.

"Tottenham playing a Belgian side....easy. *Guffaw*...BELGIUM. HA!"

Aye Monaco are quite some side.

Don't know why you have s problem with English sides Dynamo min.

City getting beat in the CL is never a surprise.

But it was their managers first time not getting to the 1/4 finals, and with the City resources it is a surprise.

In the last 2 years, City have a net spend of +£280m, Monaco have a net spend of -£36m. Over £315M difference.

It's their (Sky/Media/Pundits etc) arrogance and their ignorance of European leagues that makes me prefer their clubs to get beat.

"Tottenham playing a Belgian side....easy. *Guffaw*...BELGIUM. HA!"

They were at it last night, on about how much of this Monaco team will be sold off in the summer, Monaco do not need to sell, their owner is valued at $8.5 Billion

But it was their managers first time not getting to the 1/4 finals, and with the City resources it is a surprise.

In the last 2 years, City have a net spend of +£280m, Monaco have a net spend of -£36m. Over £315M difference.

They were at it last night, on about how much of this Monaco team will be sold off in the summer, Monaco do not need to sell, their owner is valued at $8.5 Billion

Don't think they're bothered about attendances either.

They only give Spurs 975 tickets for their place, had about the same the season before in Europa League.

Looked like there was only a couple of hundred(if that) Monaco fans at Wembley.

Bernardo Silva is a class player, only 22.