Scottish Premiership Season 2014/15 - 80 Point Target

Celtic will be 8 points ahead of us & played the same amount of games as us by the time we play our next game. (they play Helen Mirren next)

Cannot see them losing three of their remaining nine games after that in all honesty. For them to lose one third of their remaining games is clutching at straws.

Title run was good while it lasted but it's over.

• 2 weeks later...

First Round of 11 games: 19/33 points. 4 points behind lead

Second Round of 11 games: 28/33 points. 4 points behind lead

Third Round of 11 games:

TARGET: 7 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses - 23 points

St Johnstone (A) 1-1 DRAW

County (H) 4-0 WIN

Hamilton (A) 3-0 WIN

St Mirren (H) 3-0 WIN

Celtic (A) 4-0 LOSE

Motherwell (H) 2-1 WIN

Dundee (A) 1-1 DRAW

Partick (H) 0-0 DRAW

TARGET: 3 wins - 9 points

Inverness (H)

Killie (A)

United (H)

Pretty much for first time this season struggling for the 80 points now. 18/24 required is a very tough ask.

Ahead of the rate for so much of the season I would really hope we can do it because it is an achievement. Falling short would not present the evidence I'm looking for that we've improved

Third Round of 11 games:

County (H) 4-0 WIN

Hamilton (A) 3-0 WIN

St Mirren (H) 3-0 WIN

Celtic (A) 4-0 LOSE

Motherwell (H) 2-1 WIN

Dundee (A) 1-1 DRAW

Partick (H) 0-0 DRAW

TARGET: 3 wins - 9 points

Inverness (H)

Killie (A)

United (H)

Pretty much for first time this season struggling for the 80 points now. 18/24 required is a very tough ask.

Ahead of the rate for so much of the season I would really hope we can do it because it is an achievement. Falling short would not present the evidence I'm looking for that we've improved

More points than last season would indicate we've improved more than any arbitrary target you set

• Upvote 1

A couple more points? Given the implosion of Motherwell and lack of Hearts I would say a few more points does not show an overall improvement considering the slips in the domestic cups.

Of course the team is improving and maturing but statistically we need to go some before end of season to prove there has been improvement imo. Last season we stuttered to the end and we want to keep the heads and avoid that this season.

Third Round of 11 games:

County (H) 4-0 WIN

Hamilton (A) 3-0 WIN

St Mirren (H) 3-0 WIN

Celtic (A) 4-0 LOSE

Motherwell (H) 2-1 WIN

Dundee (A) 1-1 DRAW

Partick (H) 0-0 DRAW

Inverness (H) 1-0 WIN

TARGET: 2 wins - 6 points

Killie (A)

United (H)

A win and a draw will have us on target at the 33 game mark due to extra points accrued earlier on.

A couple more points? Given the implosion of Motherwell and lack of Hearts I would say a few more points does not show an overall improvement considering the slips in the domestic cups.

Of course the team is improving and maturing but statistically we need to go some before end of season to prove there has been improvement imo. Last season we stuttered to the end and we want to keep the heads and avoid that this season.

Hardly a couple more

We've already gone past our points total for last season with 7 games to play

I'd still like us to manage 80 but it's still going to represent a significant improvement either way- unless we fail to win a game the rest of the season

Guest RosemountRed

We really need to win the last two games before the split as we will have some difficult games after the split.

Should be:

Dundee away

Celtic home

ICT away

Dundee United home

St Johnstone home

Hopefully we end the season with united at home so we get a sold out crowd and put a few past them.

Hardly a couple more

We've already gone past our points total for last season with 7 games to play

I'd still like us to manage 80 but it's still going to represent a significant improvement either way- unless we fail to win a game the rest of the season

Have we? I thought we finished on 68 or 69? Did Well not get low 70's?

If it comes down to the Pittodrie game v them cunts after the split & we're still in the fight, or they cunts can seal the title in that game I hope no Dandy will help ANY celtic cunt get a ticket for the home end.

Anyone that does that (even if it's for a celtic "mate") is a cunt of the highest order.

Just saying like.

We really need to win the last two games before the split as we will have some difficult games after the split.

Should be:

Dundee away

Celtic home

ICT away

Dundee United home

St Johnstone home

Hopefully we end the season with united at home so we get a sold out crowd and put a few past them.

Could handle that. Would be getting sma pissed at Inverness.

Should be:

Dundee away

Celtic home

ICT away

Dundee United home

St Johnstone home

More likely to be away that one isn't it?

If it comes down to the Pittodrie game v them cunts after the split & we're still in the fight, or they cunts can seal the title in that game I hope no Dandy will help ANY celtic cunt get a ticket for the home end.

Anyone that does that (even if it's for a celtic "mate") is a cunt of the highest order.

Just saying like.

I like how you're getting wound up about a scenario that doesn't exist outside of your head.

• Upvote 7

Third Round of 11 games:

County (H) 4-0 WIN

Hamilton (A) 3-0 WIN

St Mirren (H) 3-0 WIN

Celtic (A) 4-0 LOSE

Motherwell (H) 2-1 WIN

Dundee (A) 1-1 DRAW

Partick (H) 0-0 DRAW

Inverness (H) 1-0 WIN

Killie (A) 2-1 WIN

TARGET: 1 win - 3 points

United (H)

We need 2 more points to complete our quota for this round of fixtures so therefore require the win. Only need 1 point to meet the target after 33 games due to additional points accrued in the 2nd round of fixtures.

A win against United would likely guarantee qualification for the Europa League qualifiers so have to go for the win!

one game at a time. win all our matches and we will take the title to the last game of the season imo.

can see Celtic dropping points before the split we need to make sure we dont

Certainly not to Killie I can't but "maybe" Dundee could surprise us & hold onto their unbeaten home record :crossfingers:

Be fantastic if Magennis & Miller have the games of their lives on Wed though.