Out Of Contract

GMS needs to leave here and go to England. He always wanted to go there at some point and at his age now is the best time he's not going to get any better and needs to maximise his earning potential. He's played his whole senior career in Scotland and like Shinnie now is realistically the right time for him to leave.

Decided on a name change yet?

@Brysinho

I have a feeling that you might have to change it come January.

What makes you say that? If Kenny McLean and Bryson can be successes in the Championship I don't see any reason why Shinnie can't be. I don't think he'll be a star in that division by any means but I do think he can be a consistent enough performer in the role he carries out.

Unless he's completely out of the picture at Derby and consistently not making the match day squad I don't see a quick return to Scotland either on loan or permanently any time soon. He's a pretty determined character.

Matter of opinion. Shinnie was getting picked for Scotland squads in front of Bryson. McLean is a different type of player to Shinnie but in my opinion he never once outshone Shinnie over a full season in an Aberdeen jersey.

Shinnies from Aberdeen, McLean and Bryson are weegie minkers. That’s the sole criteria that lantern jawed galloot is judging them by

• Upvote 6

McLean is a far better footballer than Shinnie from a technical perspective

But ultimately they were required to do different jobs in midfield

Exactly. But can you honestly say in all his time at Aberdeen he was a more consistent or influential performer over a full season than Shinnie? I don't think so good player though he undoubtedly was for us.

Exactly. But can you honestly say in all his time at Aberdeen he was a more consistent or influential performer over a full season than Shinnie? I don't think so good player though he undoubtedly was for us.

No, I don't think he was as consistent or as influential.

When he was in his spells of top form though he made the entire team look better imo.

I think where Shinnie will struggle is with his range of passing and his tackling, as a central midfielder in England you are expected to have a good range of passing, Shinnie wastes possession a lot and unless he curbs his diving into reckless tackles he will see more reds than he ever did here. His game is ideally suited for the SPFL but not sure if it will suit England, where as Mclean is a much better footballer than Shinnie and is a natural midfielder and not a converted left back

No, I don't think he was as consistent or as influential.

When he was in his spells of top form though he made the entire team look better imo.

I agree. Like you say different type of player. But if someone gave me the option of losing either Shinnie or McLean I'd have said McLean at any point during their time together here. Shinnie was the more consistent performer week in week out.

I think where Shinnie will struggle is with his range of passing and his tackling, as a central midfielder in England you are expected to have a good range of passing, Shinnie wastes possession a lot and unless he curbs his diving into reckless tackles he will see more reds than he ever did here. His game is ideally suited for the SPFL but not sure if it will suit England, where as Mclean is a much better footballer than Shinnie and is a natural midfielder and not a converted left back

Shinnie didn't look out of place whatsoever in two games against EPL opposition when we played Burnley. Arfield is a lower EPL level midfielder who Shinnie generally got the better of this season in their clashes against each other. I think you're selling his general ability a little bit short there. He'll never be Zico is the passing stakes but I think his footballing ability is better than some give him credit for.

Yeah I agree.

Shinnie was a great example to others in terms of showing commitment and working hard. He'd need more than that to succeed in the English Premier league. Will be interesting to see how McGinn gets on, I think he is more directly comparable to Shinnie than McLean is.

For me, no chance

I would rather have McLean back than shinnie

Seriously? I think both were at their most effective with the other beside them.

At times when McLean wasn't at it he could be seen as a luxury, not a great tackler etc. If Shinnie isn't at it at the very least he's getting involved with play and sticking himself about:

Both are fantastic players but I think we'll come to miss Shinnie more, unless we replace him.

Bryson is more of a late runner type I think, need a combative midfielder in there ASAP.

For me, no chance

I would rather have McLean back than shinnie

The point wasn't who you would have back now it was when they were both here who would fans have wanted to keep out of the two of them. I think the vast majority would have said Shinnie. McLean has done well down there and I'm delighted for him. I hope Shinnie follows suit no reason why he can't. As I said he played very well in both games against Burnley. If the likes of Gleeson can carve out a half decent career in the Championship then i'm sure Shinnie can too.

Of course he will. He absolutely owned that little dweeb McGinn every time we played hibs and he was one of the standout players down there last season

Very true. He easily held his own against Arfield last season too. Shinnie has the right mentality to play down there unlike others who couldn't wait to get back up to Scotland the minute things got tough for them.

Apples and oranges re Shinnie and McLean. They worked well together and, when you take McLean out of the team, you get what we got last year. Plenty of industry in midfield but less attacking intent and a slower build up. McLean's range of passing was superb - at our level anyway.

Both tough players to lose and we could argue all day about which would be better to lose, but I think we're going to find out that McLean is certainly the harder to replace. IMO we had a huge McLean size hole in that team last season.

Apples and oranges re Shinnie and McLean. They worked well together and, when you take McLean out of the team, you get what we got last year. Plenty of industry in midfield but less attacking intent and a slower build up. McLean's range of passing was superb - at our level anyway.

Both tough players to lose and we could argue all day about which would be better to lose, but I think we're going to find out that McLean is certainly the harder to replace. IMO we had a huge McLean size hole in that team last season.

The Derby Fans will be saying the same next summer losing Mount and Wilson and replacing them with Shinnie