Out Of Contract

Ryan Jack is definitely the priority out of those out of contract this year, although would hope Russell is able to play at least one more game before the end of the season. For the rest Storie would be the one I'd be most tempted to keep although part of me thinks if someone is 19 and not playing first team football it's best for them to move somewhere they'll be more involved so I'd probably let him go without compensation but look to agree some sort of buy back clause.

The only one I'm bothered about is Jack.

If the any of the rest were going to be really good, they'd have showed something by now.

Guaranteed, one of every forty to fifty players we release are going to come back and bite us on the arse eventually, but we can't keep them all on on that basis.

Logans deal expires same time as Jacks & I'd be more pissed off if we lost Logan than Jack in all honesty.

Ryan Jack is definitely the priority out of those out of contract this year, although would hope Russell is able to play at least one more game before the end of the season. For the rest Storie would be the one I'd be most tempted to keep although part of me thinks if someone is 19 and not playing first team football it's best for them to move somewhere they'll be more involved so I'd probably let him go without compensation but look to agree some sort of buy back clause.

He has a year left. Deal expires end of next season.

I really can't see Jack staying and as long as we cash in in close season then good luck to him.

I doubt Logan will want to continue living away from his family so it's make your mind up time

for him, commit to a new deal or we lose him for nothing.

He's been a great signing so it would be a blow not to get a fee for him.

Guest RosemountRed

McManus should definitely get a new deal, preferably two year, he has more than earned it, it would be crazy to release the League One player of the year.

Anderson should definitely retire, he's far too injury prone.

As for Shug, he just wasn't good enough, good luck to him.

May/June

Nicky Low - Signed for Dundee

Danny Rogers

Lukas Culjak
Donervorn Daniels
Russell Anderson
Clark Robertson
Joe Shaughnessey
Craig Murray

Craig Storie (at Brechin)
Jamie Masson (at Brechin)
Barry Robson
Andrew Driver
Declan McManus

Jamie Langfield
Scott Brown
Shay Logan
Ryan Jack
David Goodwillie

Andrew Considine
Ash Taylor
Scott McKenna
Willo Flood
Peter Pawlett
Cammy Smith
Scott Wright
Niall McGinn
Lawrence Shankland
Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

Mark Reynolds
Graeme Shinnie
Kenny McLean
Jonny Hayes
Adam Rooney

We getting any compo from Dundee for Low? or did we fail to offer him a deal to trigger that?

Pitty we couldn't have worked out a wee deal for Bain.

Low is a nap to be one of those players that bites you on the arse. Yeah he's nae fantastic but he certainly has something & on his game can be a dangerous wee player. Good player for Dundee

May/June

Nicky Low - Signed for Dundee

Danny Rogers

Lukas Culjak

Donervorn Daniels

Russell Anderson - Announced Retirement

Clark Robertson

Joe Shaughnessey

Craig Murray

Craig Storie (at Brechin)

Jamie Masson (at Brechin)

Barry Robson

Andrew Driver

Declan McManus

Jamie Langfield

Scott Brown

Shay Logan

Ryan Jack

David Goodwillie

Andrew Considine

Ash Taylor

Scott McKenna

Willo Flood

Peter Pawlett

Cammy Smith

Scott Wright

Niall McGinn

Lawrence Shankland

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

Mark Reynolds

Graeme Shinnie

Kenny McLean

Jonny Hayes

Adam Rooney

rumours on Mad from someone who thinks he is ITK

Shaughnessey, Robertson, Felek, Masson and Driver have been released.

McManus and Storie have been offered deals.

Undecided on Robson, Murray and a couple others

Same guy also claims Aberdeen are going to try and terminate Goodwillies contract in the summer - peeps over on ABMad seem keen on Scott McDonald replacing him.

Also Rodgers being moved on??!!! Robson, Murray and co likely to be moved on too. Apparently Hibs, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee and another are after McManus - think he'd offer more than Goodwillie. Looked good last season when I did see him come on - happy to see him stay.

Convinced they'll be some really strong signings made by us - considering the amount of players being moved on. Alot of talk in the papers recently from the likes of Considine, McLean, Logan and Brown all mentioning the calibre of player to come in this summer to help us improve for next season - certainly exciting times ahead.

Same guy also claims Aberdeen are going to try and terminate Goodwillies contract in the summer - peeps over on ABMad seem keen on Scott McDonald replacing him.

Also Rodgers being moved on??!!! Robson, Murray and co likely to be moved on too. Apparently Hibs, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee and another are after McManus - think he'd offer more than Goodwillie. Looked good last season when I did see him come on - happy to see him stay.

Convinced they'll be some really strong signings made by us - considering the amount of players being moved on. Alot of talk in the papers recently from the likes of Considine, McLean, Logan and Brown all mentioning the calibre of player to come in this summer to help us improve for next season - certainly exciting times ahead.

If Goodwillie does go, then there is no need to bring in another striker just yet.

Rooney is our centre forward, with McManus and Shankland fighting it out for the back-up spot. Bit worried McManus will turn us down though - might feel he has a better chance of playing elsewhere. McGinn can play through the middle in an emergency too (IMO he's actually better there anyway!).

Will be disappointed if Goodwillie does leave - such a wasted talent. Only himself to blame though.

The team is most effective in that 4231 formation which only allows one striker which will be Rooney 90% of the time this means there's no room for goodwillie in the starting 11 and he's in no way an impact sub, never does anything when coming off the bench except from once when he scored against a dismal Ross county back in February, so imo I think we should let him go.

• Upvote 1

Got to laugh at how general consensus re Goodwillie has changed dramatically. Some were hailing him as our best player technically and not lazy but rather intelligent with his use of energy. Nonsense.

I would still be willing to keep him on providing we let him know that his only route to the first team is through graft. It seems his fate has been decided however.

Got to laugh at how general consensus re Goodwillie has changed dramatically. Some were hailing him as our best player technically and not lazy but rather intelligent with his use of energy. Nonsense.

I would still be willing to keep him on providing we let him know that his only route to the first team is through graft. It seems his fate has been decided however.

He is brilliant and I don't think he is lazy either.

The main issue is he enjoys scrapping too much.

He showed glimpses. But unfortunately that all it's been.

He's been poor and doesn't look interested.

Agree with this, I had high hopes for him, very good footballer, but it's become clear why Dundee United never followed up on their interest in him last season.

He's wasting his talent.