Out Of Contract

Guest RosemountRed

No chance robson will get another season, him and Anderson will both retire.

Robertson looks like he'll go and so does Shaughnessy.

Think Anderson will retire and Low, Shaughnessy, Masson and Robertson will all be released.

Storie and Murray I think will get extended deals.

McManus I cant decide. Should he get another 1 year deal to prove himself or has he had his chance? Im swaying towards a 1 year deal to get into the first team and if he doesnt manage, see ya later.

Think Robson will get another year.

Foreign defender, nae idea what like he is as never seen him play.

I'd figure we go with four strikers for next season.

Do you go

Rooney / Goodwillie / Shankland / McManus

OR

Rooney / Goodwillie / NEW / Shankland

If you stick you know what your getting but twist and do we get a Sone Aluko or a Jonathan Smith from down south

It's not looking great for much of the youngsters as none of them get a chance.

Don't think that's a fair comment.

For years the idea behind youth was to promote them to the first team so that they could be sold on after a couple of seasons to help with the debt situation.

There's no need for that anymore, so now there's no rush to promote youngsters to the first team when they might not be ready for it like we've seen with many in the not too distant past.

Shankland is clearly very highly rated by the management. He had his contract extended in December, along with another McInnes speaks highly of in Scott McKenna. Added to that you've got Scott Wright who played against Riga and Keiron Gibbons who appeared against Partick in November. The management clearly have high hopes for these lads, but won't want to rush them in unnecessarily.

If second is completely confirmed with a few games to spare and there's absolutely zero chance of catching Celtic, then I think we will see much more game time for these lads.

I'd figure we go with four strikers for next season.

Do you go

Rooney / Goodwillie / Shankland / McManus

OR

Rooney / Goodwillie / NEW / Shankland

If you stick you know what your getting but twist and do we get a Sone Aluko or a Jonathan Smith from down south

4 strikers when we play with one up top most of the time I'd say is unlikely. Another season of Rooney, Goodwillie and Shankland with the hope that Shankland forces his way to second choice and plays alongside Rooney if we ever go two up. Those three plus having McGinn who can play up top is plenty. If we want another striker it'll be at the expense of Goodwillie. Not sure that leaves any room at all for McManus to get a chance so likely he'll go.

Edit: 28 league starts for Morton and 15 goals is a good return and is maybe harsh not giving him more of a run but like I say, very few openings unless a bit of an injury crisis in attacking positions. Most managers tend to move senior players a bit out of position before giving most youth players a chance too which won't help his case

According to someone on Mad - Shaughnessy and Robertson will be released.

Not sure McManus will be with us next season having read the below article - can see him proving us wrong at Dundee or alike.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32302857

Probably a wise decision to release those in bold.

McManus I still think has something to offer us. Should be offered new deal so as we can at least get compo

Guest RosemountRed

Not bothered about Shug or Robertson, bit harsh on Low but at 23 he really needs to be playing regularly, maybe a lower SPFL side will take him, like Hamilton or Ross County.