Out Of Contract

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

In the last year of his contract, Motherwell captain, in the Scotland squad and at a good age so would seem like a shout but I've never seen enough of him to be fully convinced

Aye if Roos is going we should be targeting him no doubt about it. Just not convinced he's much better. Like for like replacement.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Bain played at the weekend and famously played almost immediately after signing his new contract extension back in May against Hibs and was comically bad, at fault for 3 of Hibs' 4 goals.

I agree that Siegrist was excellent at United, no idea why he's turned to shit at Celtic but that's now 2 different managers at Parkhead choosing Bain ahead of him

If he’s deemed worse than Bain by both Postecoglou & Rodgers, then best forget Siegrist.

I’m sure we’ll have discussed a contract with Roos, and hopefully also scoping a potential replacement should he decide to move on. 

23 hours ago, NEM said:

Like who?

Aye,there's loads of keepers within the budget we're in surely. That's up to club and recruitment. Some great keepers but it's whether or not they come into play wage or fee. Roos coming from Derby an example and there's tons of good keepers sitting at clubs not able to displace the big names. Roos was in and out. Gorter was another example eh, but I think he might be getting a game noo. We've had Ward,who was 2nd choice too. We've done not too shabby with loan goalkeeper. 

Roos is grand and I would have him stay but ma main point was,I'm not panicking over it. He's doesn't always evoke confidence. And I don't want anyone that doesnae fancy being part of it. Or we have to overspend to keep. 

Kellecher at Liverpool the noo. Kelly. Always liked Gillespie at Motherwell before he's noo 3rd choice at Newcastle. And the scouting department surely have their eyes open to the possibility Roos does decide to move on. 

Summer 2024

NEW - Rhys Williams - on loan from Liverpool

NEW - Or Dadia - on loan from Hapoel Beer Sheva (option to buy summer 2024)

NEW - Stefan Gartenmann - on loan from Midtjylland

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Kieran Ngwenya - on loan at Partick Thistle

Kelle Roos 

Anthony Stewart - on loan at MK Dons

Summer 2025

NEW - Ross Doohan

Tom Ritchie

Jack Mackenzie

NEW - Nicky Devlin

Angus Macdonald

Jayden Richardson - on loan at Stockport County

NEW - Jamie McGrath

Luis Duk Lopes

Summer 2026

NEW - Graeme Shinnie

NEW - Slobodan Rubežić*

NEW - Richard Jensen

NEW - James McGarry

Dante Polvara

Vicente Besuijen

Ryan Duncan

Jack Milne

Shayden Morris

Alfie Bavidge

NEW - Ester Sokler

NEW - Pape Habib Gueye

Bojan Miovski

Summer 2027

NEW - Leighton Clarkson

Summer 2024

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Kelle Roos 

Only really Barron and Gartenmann there I'd like to keep. 

40 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Summer 2024

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Kelle Roos 

Roos?!

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Summer 2024

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Kelle Roos 

Would expect Williams and Dadia to be off in January as neither can get in the side. 

Would be very happy if Gartenmann was signed permanently. Aberdeen still have the Ramadani money in the bank so should be at least enquiring.

Would only keep Barron and Roos of the players out of contract. 

• Upvote 1

Roos is a great keeper & although yes he has ‘some’ weaknesses he is still one of the best keepers in the league & definitely a case of ‘better the devil you know’ because I have little faith in our recruitment team finding better to step straight in.

Have to admit that Butland has looked fkn impressive since he arrived & I would only rate him as higher than Roos in league at moment 

• 3 weeks later...

Summer 2024

Rhys Williams - on loan from Liverpool

Or Dadia - on loan from Hapoel Beer Sheva (option to buy summer 2024)

Stefan Gartenmann - on loan from Midtjylland

Connor Barron

Jonny Hayes

Kelle Roos 

Summer 2025

Ross Doohan

Tom Ritchie

Jack Mackenzie

Nicky Devlin

Angus Macdonald

Jayden Richardson - on loan at Stockport County

Jamie McGrath

Luis Duk Lopes

Summer 2026

Graeme Shinnie

Slobodan Rubežić*

Richard Jensen

James McGarry

Dante Polvara

Vicente Besuijen

Ryan Duncan

Jack Milne

Shayden Morris

Alfie Bavidge

Ester Sokler

Pape Habib Gueye

Bojan Miovski

Summer 2027

Leighton Clarkson

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Johnnyred1 said:

Although past his prime , I think Hayes is still worth a place in our squad. You would have a settled player who ain't going to rock the boat for not playing and will give his all when required. Its all very well saying replace for youth but they need to show they have the balls to succeed.

Thats my view. No brainer to retain him for another year.

Cut his first team squad wage drastically but still offer him to stay on.

We have plenty scope to improve the first team without needing to bin Hayes

• Upvote 1

Hayes is a minimum of 18 months beyond the point where he was able to contribute to us at the desired level on a CONSISTENT basis.

There is no way he should be getting another playing contract for us next season, even on vastly reduced terms. 

If he wants to continue playing, he should do so at a lower, part-time level....Montrose, Peterhead or the likes.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hayes is a minimum of 18 months beyond the point where he was able to contribute to us at the desired level on a CONSISTENT basis.

There is no way he should be getting another playing contract for us next season, even on vastly reduced terms. 

If he wants to continue playing, he should do so at a lower, part-time level....Montrose, Peterhead or the likes.

Definitely could help a Caley etc next season in a impact sub role etc next season 

26 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Although past his prime , I think Hayes is still worth a place in our squad. You would have a settled player who ain't going to rock the boat for not playing and will give his all when required. Its all very well saying replace for youth but they need to show they have the balls to succeed.

No chance, he’s needs punted at the end of his contract. His best is well below the standard required and I don’t want another job for the boys coach either