Logan Racially Abused ?

Celtic are a fkn disgrace. Deliberately waiting until after the Caley game to lodge their appeal (especially after announcing that they clearly intended to appeal) just to stir up more shite by having the cunt play on sun whilst waiting for appeal to be heard.

SFA (if they had any credibility) should put a rush on the appeal & make sure it's done on fri, or even sat if need be.

Celtic should be questioned about the timing of their appeal. Clearly to cause more trouble. No excuses for not lodging it before Caley game.

Utterly disgusting excuse for a club (not that we didn't all already know that) more so in that they try to make out to the world that they are so fantastic.

This game on sun is going to be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

We hump the cunts but all that will be spoken about is racism & their cunting fans disgracing themselves again through mins silence.

Expect microphone (technical) faults for approximately 1 min prior to ko in the south stand.

The thing that doesn't sit right with me in this is what evidence is there?

Good shout Roberto.

If he did racially abuse Logan, then his ban is fair and just.

But how can the fans (or anyone) weigh the ban up, when we dont actually know what was said?

Its like a news report telling us about someone getting a jail sentence, but not telling us why.

Nothing can be released until the appeal is done. We'll find out what evidence there is once he's found guilty again and Celtic should be punished more for having the cheek to postpone the appeal just so he can play against us.

There's no way the SPFL banned someone for 7 games for nothing. It'll come out and any punishment will be just.

Cunts!

Nothing can be released until the appeal is done. We'll find out what evidence there is once he's found guilty again and Celtic should be punished more for having the cheek to postpone the appeal just so he can play against us.

That will explain the lack of info.

I do think Sellick are being cynical with the appeal, but then I would want us to do the same if we had someone banned.

There's no way the SPFL banned someone for 7 games for nothing.

Of course not.

Racism cant be tolerated, but doesnt the 7 game ban for "name calling" seem balanced next to (eg) Jim Godowins 3 game ban for violent conduct? (presume thats for the recent elbow incident?)

I made a complaint to to STV last night about the interview with Celtic officials as they left Glasgow airport.

I guess it wasn't shown in the north of the country, but the reporter repeatedly asked John Collins about the Tonev appeal. To his credit Collins tried to deflect the questions. Later (& this was the main reason for my complaint), the reporter suggested that Tonev was the victim in the scenario.

I asked to if the STV sister station had aired the clip in Aberdeen. From the lack of response on here I would guess that to it wasn't!

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes believes Celtic manager Ronny Deila and captain Scott Brown were wrong to say Aleksandar Tonev did not make a racist remark to defender Shay Logan.

Deila and Brown both have denied that Tonev made the remark, despite being found guilty by the Scottish FA.
"For Scott and his manager to say that he didn't say it is wrong," said McInnes.
"It's clearly wrong - because they weren't in a position to know that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29952375

The thing that doesn't sit right with me in this is what evidence is there?

It is one word against the other, and they've taken Logans word for it...now I don't believe Logan to be a liar AT ALL, but surely the SFA had to have had something, but the way Celtic officials, Celtic AND the Bulgarian FA are acting it is like there is no evidence and they've taken one persons word over another, which is dangerous precedent to be setting for racism within Scotland.

On the flip side, I do perhaps personally believe racist language was used, but I don't know how he could be charged if Logan said he did and Tonev said he didn't, there is a total lack of evidence to say he actually did barring 1 person.

That said, why is this case not being shown in the press when every other big racist case has been, see Terry and Suarez for example. The FA even printed the evidence for Suarez...

The case is a bit hmmm for me and SFA have charged and banned him based on complete non evidence barring someones word.

Bottom line is, they probably got it right because he probably is a racist little fuck, BUT...it was by pure luck and nothingness (as far as I can see) that they've gotten it right.

One thing is clear; somebody is telling lies. Of course as a Dons fan I dont think that it is Shay. Moreover, why would anyone want to allege that they were abused by somebody if nothing like that actually took place? Are Ronny Delia and Scott Brown calling Shay a liar? Tbf they are in an impossible situation in that if he says he is innocent they have to trust he is telling the truth for the sake of solidarity. I think clearly something was said by Tonev to Shay and - particularly if he was abused repeatedly - Logan did the right thing. Tonev therefore is not only guilty of racist abuse, but he is also lying. Totally agree though that if there's no evidence (tv footage or witness accounts) how can SFA assume anything and avoid being accused of bias? You wonder if there is evidence that they are not disclosing? It could become a bit farcical if he is now acquitted on appeal.

One thing is clear; somebody is telling lies. Of course as a Dons fan I dont think that it is Shay. Moreover, why would anyone want to allege that they were abused by somebody if nothing like that actually took place? Are Ronny Delia and Scott Brown calling Shay a liar? Tbf they are in an impossible situation in that if he says he is innocent they have to trust he is telling the truth for the sake of solidarity. I think clearly something was said by Tonev to Shay and - particularly if he was abused repeatedly - Logan did the right thing. Tonev therefore is not only guilty of racist abuse, but he is also lying. Totally agree though that if there's no evidence (tv footage or witness accounts) how can SFA assume anything and avoid being accused of bias? You wonder if there is evidence that they are not disclosing? It could become a bit farcical if he is now acquitted on appeal.

Of course there's evidence they're not disclosing, because they can't release any evidence until the appeal is done!