Logan Racially Abused ?

leigh Griffiths better not get a suarez biting fetish, with those incisors he'd get right down to the bone.

if he's getting a hair transplant, that's a real shame. I was hoping he'd grow his hair and wait until he was bald enough on top so he can shave the rest on top off. go for a bobby Charlton.

that would be spectacular.

Feel sorry for Logan. No reason to doubt what he's saying but it's a tricky one if it's his word against Tonev's word. You can't say there's any real evidence.

Just think though if he has been racially abused (which I'm sure he has been), he's been the target of further abuse from Celtic fans, he's been almost made out to look like a villain by certain parts of the media, the Celtic manager and Celtic captain have branded him a liar and someone that makes false accusations of racism (which would make him a very sick individual), Celtic have appealed Tonev's punishment so this keeps dragging on.

If Logan was racially abused, there must be part of him thinking was it worth reporting that he'd been racially abused or should he have just kept his mouth shut which is a pretty shit state of affairs for him.

I'm just going by probabilities and what I believe but it's not evidence.

We should be grateful that McInnes actually stands behind his own players, unlike the previous chocolate in the Aberdeen manager's seat.

Broon would have been heavily implying that Tonev is a wonderful lad who didn't mean anything racist, and that Logan simply misunderstood.

Feel sorry for Logan. No reason to doubt what he's saying but it's a tricky one if it's his word against Tonev's word. You can't say there's any real evidence.

Just think though if he has been racially abused (which I'm sure he has been), he's been the target of further abuse from Celtic fans, he's been almost made out to look like a villain by certain parts of the media, the Celtic manager and Celtic captain have branded him a liar and someone that makes false accusations of racism (which would make him a very sick individual), Celtic have appealed Tonev's punishment so this keeps dragging on.

If Logan was racially abused, there must be part of him thinking was it worth reporting that he'd been racially abused or should he have just kept his mouth shut which is a pretty shit state of affairs for him.

I'm just going by probabilities and what I believe but it's not evidence.

No he would never regret reporting racial abuse, because It was the right thing to do. Its bad enough anywhere, but in the workplace and by a fellow pro? of course he's right.

To be fair to Logan though the SFA have also hung him out to dry if it is simply his word against Tonev's which was always going to then come under legal scrutiny. A 7 match ban that can be overturned automatically turns in the dibber as a lying trouble making cant, which wasn't the case here either.

Was Tonev fit to play on Sunday out of interest? If he was, then fair play to the otherwise despicable chanting mhanky Tim Cunts for not sticking him on just to make a bid situation worse. Can think of other teams where he would have been first on the team sheet.

@tooshay think you misunderstood what I meant. Completely agree that he's done the right thing reporting it if he was racially abused. I'm just saying he's had to put up with so much shite as a consequence of reporting it which is shit for him.

Yes it has been a very stressful time but he didn't think twice about reporting it What ever the outcome. He knows what he heard and had the courage to do the right thing, hopefully giving younger black players the guts to do the same thing. Shay has come across racism plenty of times in his life and has dealt with it, but this was honestly the first time on a football pitch and as I said before by a fellow pro,Sorry if I came across a bit harsh, no offence intended.

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Celtic manager Ronny Deila says the club could take their appeal against Aleksandar Tonev's racism charge to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).

The on-loan Aston Villa winger was given a seven-match suspension after being found guilty by the SFA of racially abusing Aberdeen's Shay Logan.
Tonev's initial appeal with the SFA will be heard on Thursday.
When asked if Celtic could take the case to Cas, Deila said: "We'll see, this is a very serious accusation."
And he added: "We will have to do everything in our power to get this away from Alex, we believe him.
"It's been word against word and they are thinking the other guy is telling the truth and Tonev is lying, and for me that's not how a court should be, for me it should be real proof.
"This is a very serious accusation and you have to absolutely know you're right. If it's still going to go on and there's no proof we will have to do everything we can to help Alex.
"We don't believe Aleksandar is a racist."
Cas is an independent international body with its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, established to settle disputes related to sport.