Question For Clydeside_Sheep

Ke1t

Does a dead fetus just remain a fetus in heaven?

Bit shit that

Which raises the question of conscience and breathing. How do those work in heaven. Nae going to get much chat out of a fetus. And what will a fetus regard as paradise? What could heaven look like for a fetus. Some Christians say it's a city lined with gold. Why gold?

Do fly's go to heaven, or any insect for that matter, they're all gods creatures so I presume they would. You're going to have Lions, Tigers and all sorts there, I'm presuming these things will still see as food, say I got mauled, would there be hospitals and ambulances? You'd need doctors and nurses, roads, police to man the roads. Even if beer was free on tap you'd need someone to make the beer so people would still need to work.

I'm not convinced heaven would be any better than here, if it's just floating about on clouds that would be boring, no tv, no sport. What I'm getting at here is what do those who believe in heaven existing think it will be like??

Does a dead fetus just remain a fetus in heaven?

Bit shit that

Which raises the question of conscience and breathing. How do those work in heaven. Nae going to get much chat out of a fetus. And what will a fetus regard as paradise? What could heaven look like for a fetus. Some Christians say it's a city lined with gold. Why gold?

Above my level of understanding.

My idea of heaven is winning the treble

More likely lined with bronze since heaven and the bible are derived from Bronze Age mythology.

(Copyright FatJim)

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i know your views so far on abortions, C-S. but how about this instance? too late to do anything about it now for her. her mother brought her to the hospital too late to have an abortion, even if it were legal.

10 years old

the victim of rape

by her step-father

the risk of maternal death is four times higher if you're under 16 than later

and she'll be forced to give birth at that age

how is this in any way right? or fair to her?

do you value the delivery of a baby over the life of the mother?

if abortions were allowed in certain situations (like rapes), would this not have a better outcome for this child? and by child, i mean the 10 year old.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//news/world/pregnant-10-year-old-rape-victim-denied-abortion-in-paraguay/article24252897/

• Upvote 1

i know your views so far on abortions, C-S. but how about this instance? too late to do anything about it now for her. her mother brought her to the hospital too late to have an abortion, even if it were legal.

10 years old

the victim of rape

by her step-father

if abortions were allowed in certain situations (like rapes), would this not have a better outcome for this child? and by child, i mean the 10 year old.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//news/world/pregnant-10-year-old-rape-victim-denied-abortion-in-paraguay/article24252897/

aVZgT.gif

• Upvote 2

Abortion itself is a threat to womens lives, it is by no means unheard of for a women to die (along with her unwanted child) thanks to abortion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23401781

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/21/clinic-that-killed-woman-in-botched-abortion-left-her-on-the-table-with-her-legs-in-the-stirrups/

10 years old

the victim of rape

by her step-father

To die in labour is pretty rare regardless of the age.

The lifetime risk of maternal death, for a 15 yr old, in Paraguay is 1 in 290: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.MMR.RISK

It isnt fair that the girl was raped and has had to endue this, not at all.

However, It is right that the baby was not "aborted" - because s/he is an innocent human being with a right to life. I can understand a desire for an abortion in such an instance, but when you think about it, all that really achieves is to create another victim (the innocent destroyed in his/her mothers womb). Thus compounding the situation.

I dont for one second suggest that its an easy thing for a women (much less a young girl) to do - to have to carry a baby for 9 months which was conceived when she was raped. Not for one second do I think that.

Its a hard nine months, versus a human life. Personally, I think that if a person knows they are doing the right thing - no matter how hard the circumstances - then that knowledge in itself is a tremendous support against the hardship.

Some people would react with utter horror at the mere suggestion a woman might choose to carry such a baby until s/he was born. They cant grasp why someone would choose to endure such horrible circumstances for the benefit of another, especially if there might have been some other, easier choice. Yet I think this is a sign of humanity becoming cynical. Traditionally (and until fairly recently) we have held those who make such hard choices in the highest esteem and considered them extremely noble.

Look at the phrase, from sinking ships, "women and children first" - where men would consciously choose death by drowning in order to give women and children a chance of survival via a lifeboat. Who would criticise those men, or suggest their sacrifice on behalf of their loved ones (or even strangers) was somehow incomprehensible / odd? Such selflessness is even more remarkable when you consider that men could easily take the lifeboats by force and leaving the weaker women and children to perish.

In 1912, A Catholic priest on the Titanic, Fr Thomas Byles, twice refused a place on a lifeboat, preferring to stay and minister to the condemned people who had no chance of a place - knowing full well he would drown along with them. Maybe a brave person could turn down a lifeboat once, but could they do it twice? (I would insist on having my own personal lifeboat, towing a spare incase the first one sunk!).

In 1941, in Auschwitz, there was an escape of prisoners and as a warning to others the Nazis announced that 10 men would deliberately be starved to death. When one of the condemned men cried out about his wife and children, fellow prisoner Saint Maximilian Kolbe - another priest - and volunteered to take his place and was indeed sent to the starvation bunker (he was eventually killed via by being injected by acid). The man whose life he had saved, Franciszek Gajowniczek -a stranger to Kolbe - died of natural causes, aged 93, in 1995.

Of course, anonymous persons of all backgrounds have committed selfless acts of love like this - and their names will never be known to us; but I like to think they get their reward in Heaven.

So you see humans have an amazing capacity to put others before themselves - even if it means a sh*tty outcome for themselves!

And so when you consider this, I admire the woman who can say - I will endure the difficult 9 months, for the sake of an innocent child.

(For one thing, at least it doesnt involve her own death, like Kolbe in Auschwitz, or the men on the Titanic).

No, I value both lives equally. There is no other way. We are on a slippery slope if we begin to rank the worth of peoples lives, in any context.

While it would be a good thing to be able to spare a woman in such a position her ordeal, it is not permissible to do evil that good may result.

An abortion wouldnt take away the physical and emotional scars the young girl bears as a result of her being raped.

Perversely, it may even add to them when - in future - when she reflected that an innocent life was destroyed on her account.

Life isnt all peaches and cream, alas - sometimes, to put another before ourselves is the right thing to do, no matter how hard or appalling it may seem. I think it is in cases like this where we see the true nature of humanity, selfless and noble.

(It is easy to think that we could not expect such character from a girl aged 10 - a child. But in 1902 Saint Maria Goretti was stabbed to death, aged 11, for refusing to submit to a would-be rapist, 20 year old Alessandro Serenelli. She preferred death - or at least the risk of it - than to submit to something that she knew was wrong).

Abortion itself is a threat to womens lives, it is by no means unheard of for a women to die (along with her unwanted child) thanks to abortion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23401781

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/21/clinic-that-killed-woman-in-botched-abortion-left-her-on-the-table-with-her-legs-in-the-stirrups/

To die in labour is pretty rare regardless of the age.

The lifetime risk of maternal death, for a 15 yr old, in Paraguay is 1 in 290: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.MMR.RISK

It isnt fair that the girl was raped and has had to endue this, not at all.

However, It is right that the baby was not "aborted" - because s/he is an innocent human being with a right to life. I can understand a desire for an abortion in such an instance, but when you think about it, all that really achieves is to create another victim (the innocent destroyed in his/her mothers womb). Thus compounding the situation.

I dont for one second suggest that its an easy thing for a women (much less a young girl) to do - to have to carry a baby for 9 months which was conceived when she was raped. Not for one second do I think that.

Its a hard nine months, versus a human life. Personally, I think that if a person knows they are doing the right thing - no matter how hard the circumstances - then that knowledge in itself is a tremendous support against the hardship.

Some people would react with utter horror at the mere suggestion a woman might choose to carry such a baby until s/he was born. They cant grasp why someone would choose to endure such horrible circumstances for the benefit of another, especially if there might have been some other, easier choice. Yet I think this is a sign of humanity becoming cynical. Traditionally (and until fairly recently) we have held those who make such hard choices in the highest esteem and considered them extremely noble.

Look at the phrase, from sinking ships, "women and children first" - where men would consciously choose death by drowning in order to give women and children a chance of survival via a lifeboat. Who would criticise those men, or suggest their sacrifice on behalf of their loved ones (or even strangers) was somehow incomprehensible / odd? Such selflessness is even more remarkable when you consider that men could easily take the lifeboats by force and leaving the weaker women and children to perish.

In 1912, A Catholic priest on the Titanic, Fr Thomas Byles, twice refused a place on a lifeboat, preferring to stay and minister to the condemned people who had no chance of a place - knowing full well he would drown along with them. Maybe a brave person could turn down a lifeboat once, but could they do it twice? (I would insist on having my own personal lifeboat, towing a spare incase the first one sunk!).

In 1941, in Auschwitz, there was an escape of prisoners and as a warning to others the Nazis announced that 10 men would deliberately be starved to death. When one of the condemned men cried out about his wife and children, fellow prisoner Saint Maximilian Kolbe - another priest - and volunteered to take his place and was indeed sent to the starvation bunker (he was eventually killed via by being injected by acid). The man whose life he had saved, Franciszek Gajowniczek -a stranger to Kolbe - died of natural causes, aged 93, in 1995.

Of course, anonymous persons of all backgrounds have committed selfless acts of love like this - and their names will never be known to us; but I like to think they get their reward in Heaven.

So you see humans have an amazing capacity to put others before themselves - even if it means a sh*tty outcome for themselves!

And so when you consider this, I admire the woman who can say - I will endure the difficult 9 months, for the sake of an innocent child.

(For one thing, at least it doesnt involve her own death, like Kolbe in Auschwitz, or the men on the Titanic).

No, I value both lives equally. There is no other way. We are on a slippery slope if we begin to rank the worth of peoples lives, in any context.

While it would be a good thing to be able to spare a woman in such a position her ordeal, it is not permissible to do evil that good may result.

An abortion wouldnt take away the physical and emotional scars the young girl bears as a result of her being raped.

Perversely, it may even add to them when - in future - when she reflected that an innocent life was destroyed on her account.

Life isnt all peaches and cream, alas - sometimes, to put another before ourselves is the right thing to do, no matter how hard or appalling it may seem. I think it is in cases like this where we see the true nature of humanity, selfless and noble.

(It is easy to think that we could not expect such character from a girl aged 10 - a child. But in 1902 Saint Maria Goretti was stabbed to death, aged 11, for refusing to submit to a would-be rapist, 20 year old Alessandro Serenelli. She preferred death - or at least the risk of it - than to submit to something that she knew was wrong).

TLDNR

You should've aborted this post.

The Bible was inspired by God, but it was written by men.

The New Testament was written by members of the early Catholic Church, and this same institution created the Bible when it compiled the New Testament with the Jewish Torah.

And its not my Catholic Church, its Jesus Christs :)

Now I must bid y'all farewell for the weekend, booze is a calling......... :)

Who is god ,it just int washing with the new dudes of the new world so thats a new kinda thing ?