This Paying For Bags Carry-On

Clydeside_Sheep

You missed my point.

If they really want the customer to change stop fucking producing them in the first place.

That's actually a good point. Still charge, but make it a charge for a canvass bag or something recyclable and infinitely more times reusable.

If one supermarket had bags available and the other had available for 5p. I think one might make more profit, it's nae businesses fault that heaps of the population are lazy uncaring fuds.

All "profit" from the charge goes to a charity if the business is over a certain size.

It's already made a dramatic decrease in the amount of bags being handed out.

Typical weegie mink.

The problem I have with this is that Supermarkets already charge you for the plastic bags. This is factored into the pricing of their good. Now since they will be producing less bags in the future due to less demand, will we see this filtering through into the prices? Will we fuck. The supermarkets will be keeping the profits without paying the costs.

There is also the small matter of the 5p. There is a "pledge" to give the money to charity....but i'm almost certain that not all of the money will go to good causes, so more profit for the big supermarkets.

Green tax and charging for plastic bags isn't about saving the environment, it's about making as much money as possible whilst looking like they are looking after the environment. As bluto says, they should just remove the bags completely, it should be a law that all new cars are fuel efficient, there should be more done by the government rather than just charging money in an attempt to plaster over the cracks.

The problem I have with this is that Supermarkets already charge you for the plastic bags. This is factored into the pricing of their good. Now since they will be producing less bags in the future due to less demand, will we see this filtering through into the prices? Will we fuck. The supermarkets will be keeping the profits without paying the costs.

There is also the small matter of the 5p. There is a "pledge" to give the money to charity....but i'm almost certain that not all of the money will go to good causes, so more profit for the big supermarkets.

Green tax and charging for plastic bags isn't about saving the environment, it's about making as much money as possible whilst looking like they are looking after the environment. As bluto says, they should just remove the bags completely, it should be a law that all new cars are fuel efficient, there should be more done by the government rather than just charging money in an attempt to

plaster over the cracks.

Do your research before speaking shite.

If it was the supermarket paying for the bags there wouldn't be a deterrent for the customer to not use them.

Anyone else p*ssed off with this, paying for bags at the shops?

Its another patronising, nannying SNP law. I am surprised we dont all have a nominated official to come and hold the bags for us (yet) and ensure we use them properly.

For a start, we already paid for bags - its just that the cost was hidden within the price of the goods. Its not as if shops previously gave us free bags, out of their tremendous generosity and concern for mankind.

So now we are paying twice for bags = unfair.

Anyway, its supposed to be "single use" bags - but everyone I know got more than 1 use out of supermarket carrier bags. After carrying your shopping, one could use them for a packed lunch, or as a bin liner, or to suffocate a sevconian etc etc.

So that classification is really unfair too.

Even worse, I have found the law even applies to bags in McDonalds etc. They ask "Do you want a bag?" - why, no, I prefer to struggle to carry my various food items while they are exposed to the elements and ravenous gulls etc, thank you.

This law might make a small difference, but they could have made a big difference by forcing supermarkets to use recycled, biodegradable brown paper bags instead of plastic.

Policing corporate behaviour would be a much better / more effective policy than fleecing the ordinary consumer.

And so its really just gesture politics - how is my paying 5p per bag going to make a difference, while (e.g.) I still receive kilos of junk mail per week?

A load of nonsense. We should of course care for the environment, but you can drive a coach and horses through the obvious flaws / piss-takes in these environmental laws

And who is it, behind the scenes, raking it in with all these 5p bag charges eh? Cobbing runts the lot of them.

You could wear one as a hat in wet weather, or line your non waterproof waterproof jacket with them!

Do your research before speaking shite.

If it was the supermarket paying for the bags there wouldn't be a deterrent for the customer to not use them.

eh? So what you are saying here is that supermarkets DON'T pay for their own bags that they supply? The ones with THEIR names on? the MILLIONS of bags that they supply every year isn't paid for by your Asda's, Tescos, Sainsburys and the like? They get their bags for fuck all?

Think your speaking pish min.

Aldi is superb.

Proper Scottish meats.

Cracking selections on meaty items etc.

Wrong Bloots. Cracking place for doing the food shop. None of the over priced Tesco / Asda shite the masses seem to go for.

Aye I'm being harsh.

So.e of the stuffs ok.

But as a shop its not a nice place to go.

Untidy, irregular stock; low staffing; security; zero checkout help.

Booze? All the cheap brands the germans don't want is it not.

eh? So what you are saying here is that supermarkets DON'T pay for their own bags that they supply? The ones with THEIR names on? the MILLIONS of bags that they supply every year isn't paid for by your Asda's, Tescos, Sainsburys and the like? They get their bags for fuck all?

Think your speaking pish min.

Where did I suggest that?

Where you were wrong is, it isn't a pledge it's a law.

• Upvote 1

You missed my point.

If they really want the customer to change stop fucking producing them in the first place.

Exactly. Thank you, "Oracle of Truth".

If the plastic bags were really a problem, they would simply be banned. Making money off the back of them instead suggests they are not much of an issue.

We want to reduce drink driving accidents - so they lowered the blood-alcohol limit. They didnt put 5p on the cost of a pint.

Lesiglation is the answer to environmental problems, not charges directed at joe public.

If the plastic bags were really a problem, they would simply be banned. Making money off the back of them instead suggests they are not much of an issue.

We want to reduce drink driving accidents - so they lowered the blood-alcohol limit. They didnt put 5p on the cost of a pint.

Lesiglation is the answer to environmental problems, not charges directed at joe public.

Instead they put 5p on a pint to "discourage" people from binge drinking. Same with smoking, rather than ban them completely they just keep upping the price knowing full well that people will continue to pay for the privilege, whist masking this by saying it's to try and discourage smoking.

You're welcome, "Defender of Truth & Justice"