Paris Shooting.

daytripping

Has anyone got a link to this cartoon that offended, I'd like to see it. maybe make it my profile as a mark of solidarity.

I've seen some of the trash these oh so clever and witty French idiots were producing...needless to say it is neither clever or witty...it's down right insulting...the phrase "asking for it" springs to mind...

The 2 suspects haven't been found... they are still hunting for them.

What the fuck though, a place like Paris which you'd expect would have a lot of police present... 2 guys rock up in a motor, folk film them shooting (I'd imagine they phoned police) - they then rock up to a building, get in and start shooting folk...killing 12 folk on the way.

24 hours later, there is a man hunt... how the fuck did they even manage to get out of Paris? It's mental.

If me and for example, Harcus decided to rock up in a car and start shooting at folk and do exactly as these gunmen have done, I'd put the chances of being shot by police at 100% before making it out of Paris...but yet, these cunts seem to have managed.

I think a lot depends on pre-planning.

Most criminals are caught because they're thicker than shit... your burglars, muggers etc. They've no pre-plan, so they just ad hoc their crimes and end up getting lifted.

Cops aren't the sharpest, so a wee bit of planning and you'll likely get away with it, PC Pierre isn't going to track you down, and if you've been smart you're out of the country before the Feds get involved.

President Obama being kept updated and states that there is no threat to USA....

1) Why do Americans always manage terrorism acts round onto them. 'No threat to America'. Wtf?

2) Why feel the need to say this? Fucking Americans, seriously.

The UK said the same this morning.

I've seen some of the trash these oh so clever and witty French idiots were producing...needless to say it is neither clever or witty...it's down right insulting...the phrase "asking for it" springs to mind...

Agreed, except only an idiot would take offence to those cartoons. Everyone knows that if you 'diss' Mohamed then some Muslims will want to kill you. Idiotic to print stuff like that imo and as shocking and appauling as the response is, no one can say they're surprised at it because there's countless examples of Muslims reacting to things like that with extreme violence. I'll sit back and laugh at the cartoons but I wouldn't be putting them in the public domain with my name attached to them that's for sure. It's like goading a wild beast then being up in arms when it attacks you.

In what way is saying what they've said taking sides?

'We will help Paris and French government in any way we can, fuck the terrorist team'... that's taking sides, not 'we are not under threat'. I don't get the need to say it. Pointless statement IMO.

Best to stay out of this shit...best to say fuck all...

Agreed, except only an idiot would take offence to those cartoons. Everyone knows that if you 'diss' Mohamed then some Muslims will want to kill you. Idiotic to print stuff like that imo and as shocking and appauling as the response is, no one can say they're surprised that 3 Muslims reacted the way they did because there's countless examples of Muslims reacting to things like that with extreme violence. I'll sit back and laugh at the cartoons but I wouldn't be putting them in the public domain with my name attached to them that's for sure. It's like goading a wild beast then being up in arms when it attacks you.

Very true however it's a mental overreaction to kill 12 people over a cartoon. By all means protest or piss and moan about them but leave it at that. They take things too literally in the most part from my experience and cannot see the cartoons or drawings for what they are. I almost got myself fired from a job for using the phrase "While the cat's away the mice will play." Boss was on a course so everybody was taking a longer lunch and finishing early. Within two hours of saying the cat thing I was accused of calling muslims rats. Took fucking ages to explain it was a saying that didn't really mean anything.

There was a Muslim head of something on a debate today trying to compare the cartoon (or in fact any drawing of Mohammed in a nice way) to calling a black man a monkey. That's clearly fucking bonkers but that's unfortunately how the extremist views roll.

Christians have the same nutters it must be said. The Islamic world nutters just take things as they are without seeing the bigger picture.

I think a lot depends on pre-planning.

Most criminals are caught because they're thicker than shit... your burglars, muggers etc. They've no pre-plan, so they just ad hoc their crimes and end up getting lifted.

Cops aren't the sharpest, so a wee bit of planning and you'll likely get away with it, PC Pierre isn't going to track you down, and if you've been smart you're out of the country before the Feds get involved.

PC Pierre.

Lol.

What was the name of the inspector guy in the Pink Panther?

Have they dusted off his Mac and magnifying glass yet to look for clues?

Thanks bud, nerves of steel that's me, the silent assassin. In out, job done. :cool:

I'd be out of the city before anyone realised they'd been shot dead.

Would probably go wild living off the land till the heat was off.

Would be like easter road late 80s all over again.

ASCs very own James Bond.

President Obama being kept updated and states that there is no threat to USA....

1) Why do Americans always manage terrorism acts round onto them. 'No threat to America'. Wtf?

2) Why feel the need to say this? Fucking Americans, seriously.

Americans are highly strung and very easily frightened. Add in the almost Universal paranoia that everyone is out to get them and the firm belief that everything is about them and you have a situation where 300,000,000 people need to be reassured like fucking children.

It does my head in sometimes.

In what way is saying what they've said taking sides?

'We will help Paris and French government in any way we can, fuck the terrorist team'... that's taking sides, not 'we are not under threat'. I don't get the need to say it. Pointless statement IMO.

It keeps the fear factor up

Instead of the simpletons thinking poor France they think what if

It's not idiotic, it's brave and maybe honourable.

It maybe is brave but it's idiotic. 12 people have died (some of which had fuck all to do with those cartoons) for absolutely no reason whatsoever. France has freedom of speech, they weren't breaking any laws publishing those cartoons so the idea of it being honourable I don't get at all.

Everyone knows that there is an element of extremism and violence amongst Muslims wherever they live be it in Muslim countries or Western countries so people can't be surprised when something like this happens.

It maybe is brave but it's idiotic. 12 people have died (some of which had fuck all to do with those cartoons) for absolutely no reason whatsoever. France has freedom of speech, they weren't breaking any laws publishing those cartoons so the idea of it being honourable I don't get at all.

Everyone knows that there is an element of extremism and violence amongst Muslims wherever they live be it in Muslim countries or Western countries so people can't be surprised when something like this happens.

Are you saying the muslamic faith should only be criticised in 'hushed tones'?

Glad we agree.

We should therefore be celebrating these French cartoonists for exercising that (hard fought for) freedom and not dismissing them as idiots.

I suspect that those cartoonists and publishers were probably quite naïve in thinking that they wouldn't come to any harm over the publishing of the cartoons. I don't think that they thought publishing the cartoons would result in 12 people getting murdered and that it would be worth it.

I imagine if they were able to foresee the future, they wouldn't have bothered publishing the cartoons.

Americans are highly strung and very easily frightened. Add in the almost Universal paranoia that everyone is out to get them and hat everything is about them and you have a situation where 300,000,000 people need to be reassured like fucking children.the firm belief t

It does my head in sometimes.

It isn't being paranoid. IT'S REAL

I can't believe people are saying the cartoons should never have been published, it's called freedom of speech and we live in Countries that have fought hard for the right to get it, bowing down to extremeists is showing fear to them, fuck them, they can't instill their beliefs on us through violence.

Do you honestly think they'll stop there once no one ever criticises or pokes fun at them? These feckers are currently chopping off people's heads in Syria and Iraq, often for trivial things like smoking. You give them an inch they'll take a mile.

They want to wipe our way of life off the planet, for now it's high profile targets, next it will be joe public again like the tube bombings. Keeping quiet and keeping the head down so they don't get upset is the last thing anyone should advocate.