Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

1 hour ago, konkas08 said:

I’d like to think we are less deluded… 😅

Bored at work and time on my hands so looked at Hearts last 50 years vs ours. We definitely don't need to be deluded in regards to our position in Scottish football compared to theirs.

League Titles :  Dons 3 v Hearts 0

Avg League Position : Dons 4.6 vs Hearts 6.3

Scottish Cups : Dons 5 from 9 finals vs Hearts 3 from 9 finals

League Cups : Dons 5 from 13 finals vs Hearts 0 from 2 finals

European Campaigns : Dons 31 vs Hearts 17

European Trophies : Dons 2 vs Hearts 0

Overall Trophies : Dons 15 vs Hearts 3

Relegations : Dons 0 vs Hearts 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, konkas08 said:

Another cheeky scan of kickback reveals the reaction to the rama news.

Beni Baningime should "sell for 5 mill"

a player who has 35 senior games.

I'm all for teams in scotland valuing their players but this is mental, am I missing something? is Beni that much of a talent? maybe our favourite hearts fan can chime in?

Hey

No, he's no a 5m player. I've said, dinnae look at KB as being Hearts fans. It's like listening in to a select few sitting in Budge's conservatory eating sandwiches with no crusts and fawning over her and the club.

Beni is def an accomplished player in the DMF role and a steal from Everton's academy. Not a clogger. But one of those players with great positioning and seems to just pinch the ball and keep it. Always seaming to find a Hearts player with the pass and never panicking. He kinda glides around MF never looking rushed, almost to the point of a lazy style.

Def when fit a great first XI player for Hearts and he needs better quality beside him. I hate using Hibs. But if you remember their three of McGeough, McGinn and Allan. We need the same level of three. Beni would be missing similar quality around him unless Nieuwenhof is a total find.

Transfer values depend on so many things. But unless Beni signs a long term extension and has back to back outstanding, injury free seasons, we'll no be getting 5m.

But he is a great wee player and when all fit, possibly our best. In that sense I could see a top end championship team coming in but can't say he's EPL standard. Boro or Birmingham maybe.

But Beni, Simms, Cochrane, Hill are proving English academies and U23 teams are worth getting to know for clubs like us.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Bored at work and time on my hands so looked at Hearts last 50 years vs ours. We definitely don't need to be deluded in regards to our position in Scottish football compared to theirs.

We're both recent underachievers for the size of each club and the league we play in. Taking the bias out. That's the facts.

Comparisons then embarrass both clubs really if I'm totally honest mate.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Wester Hailes Skins said:

We're both recent underachievers for the size of each club and the league we play in. Taking the bias out. That's the facts.

Comparisons then embarrass both clubs really if I'm totally honest mate.

15 trophies in 50 years isn’t really underachieving in Scottish football , no club outwith Celtic and the huns have won more. 3 trophies (and 5 relegations) in 60 years is underachieving and hugely embarrassing for a self proclaimed big club.

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

15 trophies in 50 years isn’t really underachieving in Scottish football , no club outwith Celtic and the huns have won more. 3 trophies (and 5 relegations) in 60 years is underachieving and hugely embarrassing for a self proclaimed big club.

I didn't say anything that's about putting Hearts above Aberdeen or derogatory towards Aberdeen.

But you're using this 50 years to capture success you had a long time ago.

You last won the SC in 1990. And in the 33 years since only made 3 finals. I'm not gonna tell you how to think. I think Hearts are underachieving. Aberdeen too. But if you think all is well at Aberdeen I'm no gonna try to change your mind.

39 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hey

No, he's no a 5m player. I've said, dinnae look at KB as being Hearts fans. It's like listening in to a select few sitting in Budge's conservatory eating sandwiches with no crusts and fawning over her and the club.

Beni is def an accomplished player in the DMF role and a steal from Everton's academy. Not a clogger. But one of those players with great positioning and seems to just pinch the ball and keep it. Always seaming to find a Hearts player with the pass and never panicking. He kinda glides around MF never looking rushed, almost to the point of a lazy style.

Def when fit a great first XI player for Hearts and he needs better quality beside him. I hate using Hibs. But if you remember their three of McGeough, McGinn and Allan. We need the same level of three. Beni would be missing similar quality around him unless Nieuwenhof is a total find.

Transfer values depend on so many things. But unless Beni signs a long term extension and has back to back outstanding, injury free seasons, we'll no be getting 5m.

But he is a great wee player and when all fit, possibly our best. In that sense I could see a top end championship team coming in but can't say he's EPL standard. Boro or Birmingham maybe.

But Beni, Simms, Cochrane, Hill are proving English academies and U23 teams are worth getting to know for clubs like us.

How long has he been out for in total? Feels like it's been around a year and a half. Could be difficult to come back from an ACL injury of that nature and be the same player he was before it. 

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

You’ve taken a small step to redeeming yourself on here with that post. More of this & less of the tedious nonsense on the other thread please 👍🏼

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I didn't say anything that's about putting Hearts above Aberdeen or derogatory towards Aberdeen.

You last won the SC in 1990. And in the 33 years since only made 3 finals. I'm not gonna tell you how to think. I think Hearts are underachieving. Aberdeen too. But if you think all is well at Aberdeen I'm no gonna try to change your mind.

you cunts had a wee purple patch when you were cheating 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

great post 

6 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Objectively speaking, our league performance under McInnes was very good notwithstanding the absence of other clubs (which I think is overstated - I don’t think Hearts and Hibs absences made much difference). But finishing 2nd doesn’t win you any prizes…

Trophy wise, I would say AFC have underachieved far more than Hearts since 1990 in terms of both the total number of trophies won but also in terms of how many trophies we ought to have won based on our general performance i.e. based on the relative performance of the clubs in that period I would expect Aberdeen to have won more trophies than Hearts. Hearts have been better at converting relatively strong teams into trophies - 98 and 05 being obvious examples whereas we were the 2nd best team in Scotland for much of the early 90s and 10s and have comparatively little to show for it. 

7 hours ago, BrisDon said:

Objectively speaking, our league performance under McInnes was very good notwithstanding the absence of other clubs (which I think is overstated - I don’t think Hearts and Hibs absences made much difference). But finishing 2nd doesn’t win you any prizes…

Trophy wise, I would say AFC have underachieved far more than Hearts since 1990 in terms of both the total number of trophies won but also in terms of how many trophies we ought to have won based on our general performance i.e. based on the relative performance of the clubs in that period I would expect Aberdeen to have won more trophies than Hearts. Hearts have been better at converting relatively strong teams into trophies - 98 and 05 being obvious examples whereas we were the 2nd best team in Scotland for much of the early 90s and 10s and have comparatively little to show for it. 

Agree with every single letter in this post.

7 hours ago, BrisDon said:

I don't think you can compare Aberdeen and Hearts without mentioning one of their trophies was won under the fraudster Romanov or that they then went bust or that they have been relegated several times in that period.Similarly we were also competing against the financial cheating of Sevco during the Murray years.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

I don't think you can compare Aberdeen and Hearts without mentioning one of their trophies was won under the fraudster Romanov or that they then went bust or that they have been relegated several times in that period.Similarly we were also competing against the financial cheating of Sevco during the Murray years.

Hearts were also competing against the Murray years though so that doesn't really wash. 

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

They weren't going for the title early 90s? We lost out to the huns on the final day and were 2nd a few times.

Aye. But if the Huns weren't overspending it would have changed the entire landscape so it's a bit simplistic to just isolate the benefits to us alone. 

Folk forget that we overspent as well trying to keep up and had significant debt for a long time before the Donald family stepped in. If the huns hadn't been on steroids I think Scottish football might have evolved differently. 

What Rangers did was not just break football rules, but also tax.

What Hearts did was within all football and legal rules. But we overshot.

We went into administration which is when the football authorities punished us. Our fans saved the club and still contribute millions.

Rangers died. And the biggest fan base in the UK, according to them, sat and watched it happen.

Stop equating us with their story.

• Haha 2