Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m not “concerned”.

He did have a poor season, albeit missed half of it due to an injury.

Think he’ll do well at Hibs though. 

I think he'll do well there aswell. But we've even better in Clarkson and he's too expensive a player to be sat on the bench. 

If we wanted him there's only one place he'd end up so we're obviously not fussed either. 

21 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think he'll do well there aswell. But we've even better in Clarkson and he's too expensive a player to be sat on the bench. 

If we wanted him there's only one place he'd end up so we're obviously not fussed either. 

Aye, I don’t disagree.

The one thing we need though is more depth & more quality.

The drop off to the subs last season was a chasm.  
Barron & Polvara as back up in midfield won’t cut it. 

We need some good quality options in defence & midfield. 

28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, I don’t disagree.

The one thing we need though is more depth & more quality.

The drop off to the subs last season was a chasm.  
Barron & Polvara as back up in midfield won’t cut it. 

We need some good quality options in defence & midfield. 

We do but if we are going to be spending fees then I'd rather we used it to significantly strengthen the defence and on a proper attacking midfielder. I wouldn't spend 300k on somebody like Levitt just to have him on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We do but if we are going to be spending fees then I'd rather we used it to significantly strengthen the defence and on a proper attacking midfielder. I wouldn't spend 300k on somebody like Levitt just to have him on the bench. 

Folk keep saying about him being on the bench if he had come - we are playing 2 games a week until Christmas he would have got plenty of game time. Think we've missed a trick not going for him IMO hopefully the midfielders we bring in are to at least his standard.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Would he be on the bench though? 

We need competition for places and there's no way all 3 midfielders will start 50 odd games, or should be expected to. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Folk keep saying about him being on the bench if he had come - we are playing 2 games a week until Christmas he would have got plenty of game time. Think we've missed a trick not going for him IMO hopefully the midfielders we bring in are to at least his standard.

Aye this mentality that you should have a fixed starting 11 all season and everyone else will be subs is baffling. 

Were folk not watching last season? 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye this mentality that you should have a fixed starting 11 all season and everyone else will be subs is baffling. 

He won't get the game time here that he'll get at Hibs. He wouldn't be in our strongest midfield. And you're also banking on him being available all season. Considering he missed half of last season then I'd hardly say its guaranteed. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

He won't get the game time here that he'll get at Hibs. He wouldn't be in our strongest midfield. And you're also banking on him being available all season. Considering he missed half of last season then I'd hardly say its guaranteed. 

Depends which formation we play. And players improve, players lose form. Things don't remain static. 

The best side that finishes the season is rarely the same as the best side that starts it. 

Levitt would have been a good signing but lets judge our business at the end of the window.

I would not want to miss out on a star left back, centre back or right winger because weve parted with £300k fee on a central midfielder who is not clearly better or offer something different to the existing lot

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Think there has to be a bit of realism though. Levitt signed for Dundee United from Man United, I remember it was a bit of big deal them getting him back, and he has 13 or something Wales caps, so he will have been one of their higher earners.

Both parties will have realised he needs to move on but his agents will have been asking suitors what their plans are for him. Hibs have probably said they will build their team around him. What would we have said in that scenario? We've already got our midfield sorted but Levitt can come in (on a high wage that eats into our budget) and prove himself? He'd have turned us down.

Just now, sheep123 said:

Genuinely never seen a game v us or when he’s played another team on the tv etc where Ave turned round and went that guys a player. Levitt maybe will turn out the next rodri but obviously did absolute Jack shit last season 

Could possibly just be me though!

Nae just you. I dinna see it myself either.

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

Think there has to be a bit of realism though. Levitt signed for Dundee United from Man United, I remember it was a bit of big deal them getting him back, and he has 13 or something Wales caps, so he will have been one of their higher earners.

Both parties will have realised he needs to move on but his agents will have been asking suitors what their plans are for him. Hibs have probably said they will build their team around him. What would we have said in that scenario? We've already got our midfield sorted but Levitt can come in (on a high wage that eats into our budget) and prove himself? He'd have turned us down.

If he plays shite for Hibs he'll get dropped. Those types of promises are just sales pitches to get someone in the door.

If someone believes in their own ability then they wouldn't be scared of competing with Shinnie and Ramadani. 

I don't agree that we have our midfield sorted.  If we only have 11 players capable of starting and the rest are squad filler we’ll come unstuck next season without a doubt. 

The degree by which we come unstuck will depend on how many injuries we get and how many games we ask players to play twice a week for the best part of the season. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Nae just you. I dinna see it myself either.

A just think loads getting caught up on the hype that’s on the go on twitter etc. had to check the line ups online form the last two games we played utd to even make sure he was playing in that games 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he plays shite for Hibs he'll get dropped. Those types of promises are just sales pitches to get someone in the door.

If someone believes in their own ability then they wouldn't be scared of competing with Shinnie and Ramadani. 

I don't agree that we have our midfield sorted.  If we only have 11 players capable of starting and the rest are squad filler we’ll come unstuck next season without a doubt. 

The degree by which we come unstuck will depend on how many injuries we get and how many games we ask players to play twice a week for the best part of the season. 

Of course we dont have our midfield sorted but it is likely we have a definitive transfer fee budget and want to make it go as far as possible focussing on players who will clearly lift the team up a notch.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We will but I can see why the club have opted out of spending half a mill and a chunky wage on a midfielder who is very much in the Clarkson mould when we still need at least one quality defender (LCB mainly), a quality LB and other quality attacking options in the form of a Teklic type. As good as it is to see us spending regular transfer fees in recent years, there will be a limit to the funds we can use.

I'll reserve judgement until the squad starts to come together. I'm hoping that the FMB and Robson haven't forgotten the end of last season and don't piss about with depth.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He done pretty well to play 33 times for the Jutes last season whilst missing half of it. 🤔

Levitt typifies the type of player that comes up here to dine out on the cliche of “pedigree” that Lee Johnson predictably trotted out today.

Not a starter for a top four team, made no impact on his team last year as they went down, and we shouldn’t be signing players for our bench.

Not even as good as Ramazidani although I’m sure at least one person in here will disagree with that.

So yes, a good signing for Hibs.

1 hour ago, sheep123 said:

Genuinely never seen a game v us or when he’s played another team on the tv etc where Ave turned round and went that guys a player. Levitt maybe will turn out the next rodri but obviously did absolute Jack shit last season 

Could possibly just be me though!

No, it's not just you.

He's living off the 'played for Man Utd, so must be good' thought process.

• Upvote 3