Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Greg Stewart reunites with Del

What was it about his two utterly shite spells at Aberdeen that made McInnes think signing him a third time was a good idea? Lunacy!

Read this 5 minutes before i read your post:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/former-rangers-star-claims-steven-31916365

I wouldn't have thought Stewart could fall further in my estimations. Hats off to him, he managed it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Stewart is the lazy signing you'd expect from McInnes. So, so predictable. Regurgitate's ex players like an albatross.

I wonder if he’s gave Hayes a message telling him there a contract waiting at Killie if he fancies it

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

What was it about his two utterly shite spells at Aberdeen that made McInnes think signing him a third time was a good idea? Lunacy!

Read this 5 minutes before i read your post:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/former-rangers-star-claims-steven-31916365

I wouldn't have thought Stewart could fall further in my estimations. Hats off to him, he managed it.

Stewart was a perfect example of a hun that didn’t try a lick (except bus windows) at Aberdeen but he will give his all for Killie. 

57 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Yet his lazy signings have Killie above us in the league.....

Cormack and his fanciful ideas.....

Season finishes in January does it, when one team has played 3 or 4 less games than the other?

I hope the club protest vehemently about this.

For the one zillionth time, McInnes is a good manager, but his time here was up.  
Even he has acknowledged this.

And he’s a better manager than Robson FWIW (a very low bar), but that doesn’t change the fact it was time up for DM. 

• Upvote 5

I see Martindale has said there's been interest from a club up in the Premiership and 2 down south interested in Nouble and he's nearly concluded a deal. Would be funny as fuck if the diets sold Shankland and replaced him with Nouble 😂. I can't see any other club up here being interested in him. 

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I see Martindale has said there's been interest from a club up in the Premiership and 2 down south interested in Nouble and he's nearly concluded a deal. Would be funny as fuck if the diets sold Shankland and replaced him with Nouble 😂. I can't see any other club up here being interested in him. 

Someone like Motherwell might look at Nouble. 
They’ve lost 2 or 3 strikers in this window. 
Pish in League Two can out pay Motherwell though. 

10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The going rate will be under £100k so a few clubs will be happy to pick up a monstor for a token nominal fee

On 1/19/2024 at 7:54 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Season finishes in January does it, when one team has played 3 or 4 less games than the other?

I hope the club protest vehemently about this.

For the one zillionth time, McInnes is a good manager, but his time here was up.  
Even he has acknowledged this.

And he’s a better manager than Robson FWIW (a very low bar), but that doesn’t change the fact it was time up for DM. 

Hearts got relegated for being as shite as us during covid season. We’re just lucky there are a few other sides that are even worse. Livi & County are a great safety net but we cannot rely on same safety rgds St Johnstone & Well.

Hearts are expecting/wanting £5m+ for Shankland so I think it’s safe to say the Huns aren’t signing him unless Shankland spits dummy & forces a move.

Be very surprised if he’s still a hearts player by end of window though.

He’s obviously been away ‘looking for his wallet in snow in garden’ today given he missed training & wasn’t even in squad today 🤣

Wonder who Hearts would replace Shankland with? 
Morelos 🤔

Or possibly a loan striker deal with Huns if they scramble a few ‘I owe you’s’ together 

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll be top 6…. DESPITE Robson.

At best 4th, at worst 6th.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Robson achieved 4th (even 5th) but would be a lot less surprised if he fails to make top 6. 
Not saying he won’t make top 6 but I will be less surprised to see him fail to do that than finishing ‘above’ 6th

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I will be pleasantly surprised if Robson achieved 4th (even 5th) but would be a lot less surprised if he fails to make top 6. 
Not saying he won’t make top 6 but I will be less surprised to see him fail to do that than finishing ‘above’ 6th

There’s 4 slots between 5 teams for the top 6 IMO. 

Hearts, Hibs, Killie, St Mirren & us.

40 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There’s 4 slots between 5 teams for the top 6 IMO. 

Hearts, Hibs, Killie, St Mirren & us.

I think Tony Docherty will have something to say about that.

I also think (shite as they are) Hearts are a shoe in for 3rd

So (in my humble opinion) it will be between Us, Hibs, Killie, St Mirren & Dundee for 3 spots below 3rd & I most certainly wouldn’t bet any kind of ‘risky’ serious money on us being one of the top six trophy braggers 

I'd have to agree that Hearts are in all likelihood going to finish 3rd. I know we have 3 games in hand over them (and 4 in hand over St M and Killie) but I'd rather be sitting where Hearts are with the points in the bag already. With the best will in the world, and even taking into account that our games in hand are all against sides we could/should be beating, the evidence of this season so far is that we won't.

4th place might be within our capabilities, although McInnes now looks like he has Killie playing football that is eye bleedingly awful to watch but fairly effective at racking up points against clubs other than sevco. 

Taking all this into account, I think we'll manage to stumble our way into finishing 5th by season's end. It might be enough to have us qualifying for the last Europa Conference spot, though would entail a very early start to our season. What could save this one is that we are still in the Cup and as long as we can avoid Celtic, we can reasonably assume that we can beat any other side on any given day. It's 34 long years since we last lifted it, far too long for a club with our relative resources. Would be a relief, not to mention funny as fuck if we could deny Hearts the Europa League spot by winning it out of nowhere in May.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have to agree that Hearts are in all likelihood going to finish 3rd. I know we have 3 games in hand over them (and 4 in hand over St M and Killie) but I'd rather be sitting where Hearts are with the points in the bag already. With the best will in the world, and even taking into account that our games in hand are all against sides we could/should be beating, the evidence of this season so far is that we won't.

4th place might be within our capabilities, although McInnes now looks like he has Killie playing football that is eye bleedingly awful to watch but fairly effective at racking up points against clubs other than sevco. 

Taking all this into account, I think we'll manage to stumble our way into finishing 5th by season's end. It might be enough to have us qualifying for the last Europa League spot, though would entail a very early start to our season. What could save this one is that we are still in the Cup and as long as we can avoid Celtic, we can reasonably assume that we can beat any other side on any given day. It's 34 long years since we last lifted it, far too long for a club with our relative resources. Would be a relief, not to mention funny as fuck if we could deny Hearts the Europa League spot by winning it out of nowhere in May.

We’ll win fuck all with Robson as manager.

Look at his last pathetic attempt to beat a depleted hun mob in the League Cup Final. 
Zero shots on target. 
And he thought it was creditable & we had no right to win apparently 

Hate the cunt & I hate the fact the Board see him as good enough.

• Upvote 3
29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Eh? Are you suggesting he lies down against them?

His team have 3 points from 6 against them in the league and have scored in both games. Weird comment.