Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

4 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

With the money we have spent and the squad we have, 4th would not be a good result in any way. This is why Robson should have been sacked back in September when it was obvious we were underperforming under him. The fact it has been allowed to continue for a further 4 months is criminal.

Keep aiming for third but helps motivation to know 4th is a bigger prize than ever before

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Keep aiming for third but helps motivation to know 4th is a bigger prize than ever before

Dons will finish 3rd, irrespective of whether or not tefal heid leaves the Huns to go to the Huns, which I do think will happen in January..hopefully for a shittish fee that sends the scarf twirling Huns into utter revolt. 

BR seen the light, selection and shape wise..it’s happening, as long as the cunt sticks to it.

7 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Dons will finish 3rd, irrespective of whether or not tefal heid leaves the Huns to go to the Huns, which I do think will happen in January..hopefully for a shittish fee that sends the scarf twirling Huns into utter revolt. 

BR seen the light, selection and shape wise..it’s happening, as long as the cunt sticks to it.

Lets revisit in a week

21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Well aware of that, sadly unless things change drastically in Scottish football, a team outwith the arse cheeks winning the Cup will remain about a once in 10 years event. Quick check of the odds for this years' Cup has us and Hearts as equal 3rd favourites at 8/1. I'd say more realistically those odds should be about double that. So very much more often than not, 3rd place will get the EL spot

It's happened 4 times in the last 10 years. 3 times in the 10 years prior to that. Agree it's still not great but it's not as rare as you suggest. Which makes it more frustrating that we haven't done it in that time

5 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

It's happened 4 times in the last 10 years. 3 times in the 10 years prior to that. Agree it's still not great but it's not as rare as you suggest. Which makes it more frustrating that we haven't done it in that time

For a fair bit of that time, sevco were still embarrassing themselves in the lower leagues and at the same time, Celtic were only doing just enough to keep themselves a bit ahead of us, Hearts and Hibs both spent time in the Championship as well. (still rankles that if Wiggy had shown a bit of ambition, we could/should have won the league at least once in that period). They've now established themselves as the second force comfortably ahead of ourselves and Hearts. So I'm confident my once in ten years SC win for a non arse cheek team prediction will now hold. 

The cheeks do experiment a bit more in the League Cup and I think it will be won 2 or 3 times in 10 years by teams outwith them

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

For a fair bit of that time, sevco were still embarrassing themselves in the lower leagues and at the same time, Celtic were only doing just enough to keep themselves a bit ahead of us, Hearts and Hibs both spent time in the Championship as well. (still rankles that if Wiggy had shown a bit of ambition, we could/should have won the league at least once in that period). They've now established themselves as the second force comfortably ahead of ourselves and Hearts. So I'm confident my once in ten years SC win for a non arse cheek team prediction will now hold. 

The cheeks do experiment a bit more in the League Cup and I think it will be won 2 or 3 times in 10 years by teams outwith them

90s 5 non old firm teams won it - what was the excuse back then? 

00s only 1 non OF win - so proves your point.

10s also had 5.

20s already has 1. So essentially if they dominate the trophy for the rest of the 20s your theory is back.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not really sure what Hearts and Hibs being in the Championship has to do with non-arse cheek teams not winning enough Scottich Cups, particularly when Hibs won it whilst in the Championship? 

Agree though, it's a sin we didn't take advantage of that situation more than we did. 

10 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

90s 5 non old firm teams won it - what was the excuse back then? 

00s only 1 non OF win - so proves your point.

10s also had 5.

20s already has 1. So essentially if they dominate the trophy for the rest of the 20s your theory is back.

90s were completely different times. Oldco were dominant, Celtic were an absolute mess in the first half of that decade......not sure if you are old enough to remember but in 94 they came within minutes of going bust. McCann sorted them out fairly quickly but their immediate priority was to prevent oldco winning 10IAR at all costs (a situation that was reversed in fairly similar circumstances very recently)

Oldco as we now know were massively financially doped. They were winning the league comfortably year after year (with one famous exception where we gave them an almighty fright) and they were doing well in what was the the European Cup. They still took the SC seriously but in the grand scheme of things, were comfortable in the knowledge that their resources would win them the league and get them into the European Cup....the cups were more a bonus to them if they won them.

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Hibs making a few big moves. No idea what like these players are but I’m sure it will cost them a bit of cash to get the guy from Germany and Bournemouth in the door. Fair play to them. 

EPL guy seems a good shout but he's really not played much football in last few years

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Hibs making a few big moves. No idea what like these players are but I’m sure it will cost them a bit of cash to get the guy from Germany and Bournemouth in the door. Fair play to them. 

Superficially they're definitely a cut above the loan players you'd typically see coming up here (Celtic & Sevco aside). Thankfully where Hibs really need to strengthen, they aren't. Woeful back line, even worse than ours.

10 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Superficially they're definitely a cut above the loan players you'd typically see coming up here (Celtic & Sevco aside). Thankfully where Hibs really need to strengthen, they aren't. Woeful back line, even worse than ours.

It’s a valid point. Already decent in forward areas. 

23 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Hibs fans i know have been crying out for Hanlon & Stevenson to be replaced for years. Livid they haven't been. New additions look impressive though.

Defence is definitely the areas they should have recruited first. If they can sort that they could have a strong second half of the season. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Congratulations to Hibs on winning the league .

IRONIC.
See how you come across every year when signing donkeys from EFL?

yeah, you get that exercised and excited like you’ve just won the tennent sixes again. Although in reality, your just thankful not to get relegated

AGAIN.