St Johnstone V Aberdeen (1 - 1)

Hayes wasn't seriously exposed as he wasn't there, he was hiding in the box marking nobody as a 2 on one developed on his side.

It was another Aberdeen player left isolated by Hayes.

Can't believe Rooney getting questioned, out of all of our forwards he's playing the best. Also has to be said our second half performance was much improved but speaking to a Utd fan this morning and mentioned they will hammer us if we play like that but he said they were even worse at St Mirren recently...

*I* have never really rated Smith when I've seen him. Never got why Ollie made his bet about the wank sock and him being 16 and in the first team, figuring he was another of these juniors that looks great until they step up to the big boy game. However tonight, in a poor performance from the team as a whole, I thought he stood out.

The bet was that Cammy Smith would make his debut by a certain time, not a certain age. The reason being he was head and shoulders above EVERY one of his peers. And seeing as he made his first team debut a full 10 months earlier than I said he would justified me placing it, no?

I realise there is a huge leap between academy and first team football, and Smith has a way to go, but that in no way can belittle his ability, and achievements coming up through the ranks.

i think by puling Hayes back we left them to much opportunity to come forward, with him in midfield we would have kept them back in their half. there seemed to be a major disconnect i in defence between mid field and defence, ther were gaps all over the place and too much backing off. Logan definately seems off the boil a bit saw two or three very poor passes. you could see some players looking at the others as if to say wtf was that? bit of pressure or panic setting in maybe too?

My tuppence worth.

After observing the game I'll take the 1 all. St Johnstone have the measure of us. We were poor down there at the beginning of the season and we were no better today. In fact they know us well enough from last season. Nothing has changed.

Brown - Fantastic save from him. No complaints.

Logan - like Saturday, I thought he was poor. Stewart pulled him everywhere on Saturday and today, despite getting space on the odd occasion, he was ineffective. 2 poor games.

Considine - Jesus!!! Done so well at left back. Out of position I may add. But he was like a fish out of water today. A reversal to the bad days of clown academy graduate Considine.

Reynolds - One of his poorest games yet. Poor again, uncomposed, careless and flapping.

Midfield was ineffective. One thing we've found is Flid and Jack cannot play in midfield together. Jack is far more effective sitting deep and letting a player like Hayes create and push on. Flood was a liability last night.

Pawlett was anonymous last night as he pretty much has been since his injury last year.

McGinn struggled to make any impact last night.

Same for Goodwillie. Great movement etc, but the makeshift St Johnstone defence kept him and Rooney quiet. Some goal from Rooney though.

Smith was busy enough coming on and was an improvement on Flid.

Hugely disappointing though. Over the last two games we've dropped 4 points. Not good enough and is evidence enough for those who thought just maybe we could win the league, tat we're not good enough yet.

Disappointing.

The difference is Celtic beating us twice. Return the favour on them the next two, plus slip a couple of 6-0's in to address the goal diff (against them would be swell), and the titles ours.

That one off the post at the start of the second half, was so offside it must surely give reasonable expectation in assuming the linesman in question, will be demoted to guy standing in between the managers. Useless useless offside-adjudger.

Was at the game and not seen the highlights but looked like Johnny was left exposed at their goal.

We badly need a LB - come on AFC get it done.

We miss JH in midfield and going fwd when he goes back there.

Considine not good enough - get someone in if Taylor is out for a while.

Pawlett needs benched as just anonymous and had two good breakaways in second half but made bad choice and bad execution of pass to Hayes. Thought Smith did well when he came on.

Great save from Brown. Shankland looks real promising in his few minutes on the park.

Never mind. Been on a good run and need to regroup and get going again for the remainder of the campaign.

Celtic will drop points and we just need to be close to them for 1st March.

Hayes wasn't seriously exposed as he wasn't there, he was hiding in the box marking nobody as a 2 on one developed on his side.

It was another Aberdeen player left isolated by Hayes.

Can't believe Rooney getting questioned, out of all of our forwards he's playing the best. Also has to be said our second half performance was much improved but speaking to a Utd fan this morning and mentioned they will hammer us if we play like that but he said they were even worse at St Mirren recently...

Stand corrected. Just watched the highlights.

Hayes was pulled inside marking his man. Jack followed a central midfielder out wide who played the ball back to their full back who crossed it.

Whoever was left mid wasn't tracking back (sure it was Rooney at that point) so the full back made a completely unchallenged cross, so my point remains - playing players out of position doesn't work.

I despair at the doom and gloom too.

the post you replied to looks like it was made up and he didn't watch the game. These players have just gone on one of the best winning runs the club has had and he's just written off half the team.

The only player I have written off is Flood. Saying certain players were poor last night is not writing them off. I really rate Reynolds, McGinn, Pawlett, Logan and Rooney. The comments regarding Rooney were aimed at the amount of chances he misses and a lot of the decisions he makes. Wasn't aimed specifically at last night. He is a MASSIVE improvement on the likes of Vernon.

Wasn't meant to be doom and gloom - just an honest assessment.

Flood is fkn yards off the pace

He was fcking woeful last night.

Clearly not ready.

Taylor's injury fucked up a lot more of the team than jus central defence.

When we play the ball around rather than trying to dump it forward we look much better. They can pass the ball. Why the hell they think they need to just thump it forward I don't know.

I don't think they could do that last night to be frank.

The pitch was an absolute disgrace and contributed hugely to them being able to compete with us.

Fair result,lets hope they press Celtic like that when they visit ???

They already did this season...but unfortunately, the ref didn't allow then to win.

Refs in general ahve been Celtic's strongest player this season.

We'd be way ahead otherwise.

What did he do ? Looks average and lightweight poor decison making

I agree with this about Smith.

He twice had clear opportunities to set up an easy winner for us.

One when Hayes mad a superb run and was clear in the middle. Would have been straight thru on keeper with the simplest of passes to Smith's left, but no.

He didn't get his head up, made an abysmal choice of going to the right and that was that.

Then he skilfully made space for himself close into their 6 yard box on the left, but ran out of ideas and lost the ball when their was a dons player standing on his own at the penalty spot who could have been found with the simplest of passes.

A part of his game that could do with, NEEDS vast improvement.

He seems to have plenty else, but if that issue can't be addressed, then he's not going to make it.

Not a hope in hell.

Keep this up and they will be lucky to finish 4th. And whats the management doing and will be doing in bringing 2 new signings--------sitting on their ass, another thing mcinnes get a shave you look like shit???????????????????????? Maybe you gave out contract extensions too soon, what do these players do all week preparing.

Here you go mate: http://www.nhsgrampian.co.uk/nhsgrampian/gra_display_hospital.jsp;jsessionid=BD8AF70CA9AD49A1E4FAA46FCBB4265E?pContentID=407&p_applic=CCC&p_service=Content.show&

Keep this up and they will be lucky to finish 4th. And whats the management doing and will be doing in bringing 2 new signings--------sitting on their ass, another thing mcinnes get a shave you look like shit???????????????????????? Maybe you gave out contract extensions too soon, what do these players do all week preparing.

Look at this photo then think about what you wrote.

Charlie_Mulgrew_1453843c.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well ain't this a big pile o' steamin' shite.

I'll throw in my tuppence worth from last night (was at game and not seen highlights)

Thought Tommy Wright got his tactics spot on, and he has ran the same system against us since the last 15 mins of the cup semi last year, play a long ball at Logan or Hayes, and allow McLean to flick on. Considine might have been far more effective at LB tonight with Joe Shaughnessey at right CB covering Shay as no way was Johnny or Logan winning headers. Flood didn't even look 75% fit, can't remember him having one tackle or good run or pass.

We can't play Rooney or Goodwillie as a winger, he can't defend, their goal came from no-one pressuring the ball on the left, yet Shay had 2 men at the back post to cover. Think whomever was meant to be playing left should have been out at the full back.

Cammy Smith looked good when he came on, he started to drive at Anderson who had been basically unchallenged all night, and McGinn and Hayes started to do the same.

Niall McGinn needs to practise his crossing, slicing 2 behind the goals in unacceptable when I play 8 a side with my mates. Its unforgivable at SPL level.

The refereeing in this country is shocking. I don't think the ref was biased in anyway, but McLean was all over defenders at every challenge, Rooney and Goodie were penalised constantly, consistency really seems to be missing.

My bird thinks he looks hot with the beard.

LOL

711825.jpg

What did he do ? Looks average and lightweight poor decison making

I've been unconvinced by Cammy Smith since he broke into the first team squad but he's starting to win me over. From what I heard he came on and impacted the game positively against Dundee, and last night he was definitely an improvement on Flood with his running alone. He has got the technical ability but he just needs to have a bit more confidence (which is gradually coming) and work on his decisions as you said.

I actually kind of feel sorry for him because he's coming through at a time when our team is as good as it's been in years. Past Dons' youngsters such as Fyvie, Grimmer, Fraser and Jack have come through when our team has been absolutely horse. As a result, there is no real pressure for them to play under because we would be languishing in the bottom six with no real threat of going any further up or down the table. Now they are in a position when they come on they are expected to contribute something significant and avoid making a mistake because each result is incredibly important at this time.