Dundee Utd V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Brown flap for 2nd.... almost laughable!

Finishing.... poor.

Pawlett.... no where near the level he performed to last season. Today he was a passenger.

Reynolds...... getting worse each passing game.

The pitch.... honking!!!!!

We need to sign some players... pronto. We need a central midfielder as Hayes in there isn't cutting the mustard for me. We lose his drive down the left. Offer £150k for Shinnie (seemingly what McKay has left for), a loan striker deal and midfielder who will be more dynamic than Jack and Hayes who are sitting far too deep. Our ethos from last season was hit on the break... but we've lost that mojo.

Poor show - made even worse by a drive home to Aberdeen in a frickin blizzard!!

How many times do we have to come back up the road from Hamden after yet another disappointment.

Fucking gutted.

That's me witnessed defeats in all four stands now..... I wonder if there's some sort of Hampden loyalty card for hard luck stories?

My half cut analysis

Brown - unbelievably bad. like, worse than clangers bad.

Logan - poor

Daniels - looks a class act. glad to have him here for a while

Reynolds - shite

Considine - looked solid enough

Jack - Range of passing was succulent. Had a good game

Hayes - alright. Got things going

Pawlett - sma over rated. fucking pish

McGinn - was he playing?

Rooney - battled on. should of had us 2-1 up if not for some ridiculous refereeing

Goodwillie - fucking dire. 97 touches required before he does anything. couldnt be arsed closing anything down. doubt he cares, he'll be at hampden for the final anyway

Textbook Cammy Smith substitution - just why

Just watched the highlights and I reckon the foul on Rooney should have been a penalty and Rooney's goal was perfectly good. Ridiculous refereeing tbh.

We did have the chances to win it despite the ref so the players need to look at themselves but I have got to say the ref has completely done us today with 2, maybe 3 really big decisions completely wrong.

Striking off Rooney's goal is the worst one, just can't understand what the referees excuse is supposed to be on that one.

My half cut analysis

Brown - unbelievably bad. like, worse than clangers bad.

Logan - poor

Daniels - looks a class act. glad to have him here for a while

Reynolds - shite

Considine - looked solid enough

Jack - Range of passing was succulent. Had a good game

Hayes - alright. Got things going

Pawlett - sma over rated. fucking pish

McGinn - was he playing?

Rooney - battled on. should of had us 2-1 up if not for some ridiculous refereeing

Goodwillie - fucking dire. 97 touches required before he does anything. couldnt be arsed closing anything down. doubt he cares, he'll be at hampden for the final anyway

Textbook Cammy Smith substitution - just why

This is just about spot on.

Well writed Sir.

Having watched the highlights in the pub, looked like Gary McKay Stevens goal should have stood as well so both sides had a goal chopped off that should have stood. So saying that can only blame Brown for shocking goal keeping and poor finishing (Goodwillie and Jack especially). We were the better team but it's all about the result and we never got it so you have to say although we were (and are) the better team, we didn't deserve to win. Although we were the better team, we were absolutely no where near our best. We'll finish above United in the league but if they go on to win the cup, I'll envy them cause we won't win the league and they'll have had a better season than us if we finish 2nd.

I'm still hurting from the manner of defeat we suffered against Dundee (Scottish cup) and this just adds to to it. Obviously the two calamity decisions made by the ref has not made matters easier however I feel this result has exposed a few areas in which we need to strengthen.

I'm not convinced Brown is the man to cover our sticks and im not judging him purely on the basis of today. We really need to offload Langfield and source a good goalkeeper this summer - I'm fairly certain DM will address this as it is a huge flaw in our team. As suggested already our bench isn't offering much - Pawlett hasn't been on form for a wee while and could do with being dropped - but for who? If we can locate an attacking (flair player) mid who can offer more options in the final third it would allow us to mix the team up. Regarding Goodwillie, there is certainly a player there however I feel we are only seeing glimpses from him - I feel we should be offering Shank the Tank more game time as he really does look encouraging - he looks like a future star. I'd potentially go a step further and sign a forward who could offer competition to both Goodie and Rooney - particularly as Goodie has only signed a years extension.

The arrival of Shinnie will no doubt strengthen the overall outlook of our team - we just need a few more additions of that calibre of player.

Focus on the league and look to finish as high up as possible.

Having watched the highlights in the pub, looked like Gary McKay Stevens goal should have stood as well so both sides had a goal chopped off that should have stood. So saying that can only blame Brown for shocking goal keeping and poor finishing (Goodwillie and Jack especially). We were the better team but it's all about the result and we never got it so you have to say although we were (and are) the better team, we didn't deserve to win. Although we were the better team, we were absolutely no where near our best. We'll finish above United in the league but if they go on to win the cup, I'll envy them cause we won't win the league and they'll have had a better season than us if we finish 2nd.

I honestly can't see Dundee Utd beating Celtic.

Gary Mckay Stevens goal was clearly offside. He was onside when the first ball was played but ahead of the last defender as it was flicked-on by a Utd. player. Clearly offside.

Poor.

Thoroughly disappointing. I'll expand on my annoyance more tomorrow.

But ever since the media latched onto our unbeaten run and clean sheets etc. Our form has nosedived. No coincidence and the media have played it superbly by getting into the players heads.

If this is correct then we're following a team populated by mentally weak bastards.

Disappointed but we haven't really played well for a while, if we're honest. Apart from his goal how was the new guy? Is it possible when Taylor returns Reynolds may be given a holiday?

been to see us at hampden 7 times now. 6 defeats. Yesterday should not have been one of them. We had enough chances at 1-0 to tuck that game away. Their goals were pish, Brown at fault both times.

Not seen any replays so no idea why rooneys goal was chopped off, looked fine live.

Shite result however at least it means I'll not even need to have a passing interest in the biggot fest later.

Game yesterday was awful but the whole day was a real pain

Drive down completely stressfull - Police more interested in putting camera vans outs than seeing a good traffic flow. By christ travelling South from Aberdeen and North from Glasgow is just a pain in the hoop

Police give all this wonderfull "advice" of where we WILL park, you park there and they then tell you to go in the completely different direction to where you car, "sorry cant let you up there" but that's where my car is "no sorry you aren't allowed up there" but Ill be there in 10 mins going your way "no you not allowed move on"

Two or three street the same and them the site of loads of dons fans walking through the entrance to some flats and out the back appearing about 20 yards up from the police line waving at the fans not allowed up

Really are a complete bunch of muppets around hampden a 51000 seat NATIONAL stadium and the answer is on street parking ???

Police scotland is one of the worst things that has happened to Scottish football in the last 20 years in my opinion, the profiling that is going on of you average football fan is based on the lowest common denominator and is alienating you average citizen who is made to feel like a criminal

As for the football, heard McNamara say in the build up on their day we can beat anyone, We have shown that on our off days we can usual win and don't even need to be "on our day" too many expected to be able to win without too much effort

Didn't think there was much between the two teams. Thought Daniels handled Cifci fairly well who is clearly their danger man. Brown let us down but his somewhat fear of coming for crosses has been noted for some weeks now so it's no real surprise.

Think I seen a quote from McInnes about certain players just not performing up to the standard they should be. Well look further no than Pawlett, Reynolds or Goodwillie. All 3 were absolutely honking.

As good as Hayes and Jack are they are too soft at times, teams can see that especially physical teams, it's why Caley should have beat us and it's a big reason why Utd did yesterday. Stoneys theory on Jack has once again proved to be spot on.

Extremely frustrated with Goodwillie, the guy has bags of potential but we're just not getting enough from him. His finishing is absolutely dire. With the amount of chances he is getting per game, his return is abysmal.

Just watched the highlights and I reckon the foul on Rooney should have been a penalty and Rooney's goal was perfectly good. Ridiculous refereeing tbh.

We did have the chances to win it despite the ref so the players need to look at themselves but I have got to say the ref has completely done us today with 2, maybe 3 really big decisions completely wrong.

Striking off Rooney's goal is the worst one, just can't understand what the referees excuse is supposed to be on that one.

Steven Maclean was the ref that let that ridiculous goal stand vs Motherwell on the last day of the season. He disallowed our goal yesterday for a way softer "infringement". He's the brother of Brian McLean, ex-Motherwell and Dundee United. Only in Scottish football.

• Upvote 2

The disallowed goal will be swept under the carpet. If this happened during the bigotfest today there would be nuclear war. It is a total disgrace. I'm in a pissy mood today. I think overall we played very well in spells and despite not being at our best, we were the better team. Shite goal keeping and not taking our chances aside, that twat Maclean ended it as a contest

What was Brown doing for their 2nd god only knows, like he went with one hand changed his mind and tried to grab with other, very strange goalkeeping ?

Rooneys goal was good..

We had enough chances to win it and so did they and they took theirs..

Get Goodwillie benched and Rooney right back up top with hayes out on wing, Dm must see his formation just isnt working now ? surely ?