5 Asides

Sheeptastic

Who plays? We all make a ridiculous assessment of our own ability so which player do you consider yourself comparable to? And have you ever played against any pros or ex pros?

Lined up against Dr Kenny Deuchar last Thursday and flicked a header past him when it was his turn in goal. Sold me on the turn a few times right enough.

As I've said before, probably the best player I went up against was Levi Stephen. Guy had massive natural talent and should have gone far in the game.

Did someone say he liked the bevvy?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd probably compare myself to Paul Kane... because I was shite.

I play. I'm shite and would compare myself to a slightly improved Darren Mackie where on the occasion something good comes off and i'll score but the majority of the time my first touch is a pass to whoever is in a 180 degree radius in front of me.

I've played against a guy who made a few appearances for Dundee United, Ross Gardiner. I've played against plenty of Highland League players and you can see the difference in quality compared to your run of the mill 5-a-side players. As much as Highland League and lower division quality is pretty poor, the players who play in these leagues are generally decent Footballers. I'd love to go up against someone like Ronaldo, Messi etc, i suspect it would be embarrassing for everyone involved though.

I play. I'm shite and would compare myself to a slightly improved Darren Mackie where on the occasion something good comes off and i'll score but the majority of the time my first touch is a pass to whoever is in a 180 degree radius in front of me.

I've played against a guy who made a few appearances for Dundee United, Ross Gardiner. I've played against plenty of Highland League players and you can see the difference in quality compared to your run of the mill 5-a-side players. As much as Highland League and lower division quality is pretty poor, the players who play in these leagues are generally decent Footballers. I'd love to go up against someone like Ronaldo, Messi etc, i suspect it would be embarrassing for everyone involved though.

I always found the scything tackle to be a great leveler.

Messi might be the cat's business when he's running at a defender, but if that defender smashes his ankles early doors then we'll see how much he fancies it, the cunt.

Played against a lot of top level college players when I was coaching in the States and they needed somewhere to keep fit during Christmas or summer breaks, they were on a different level in terms of pace and athleticism. Really enjoyable experience though.

Best player I've played against, however, was a lad called Vini Dantas. He played under Solskjaer at Molde and had a work permit rejected for a move to the mighty Tranmere Rovers at one point. We would have three of us team up against Vini in our staff kickabouts and he would still glide past us.

Like to model myself on a Joe Allen (circa Swansea days), keeping possession with simple pass and moves as much as possible but a little bit more willing to fly into a slide tackle. Can't shoot to save myself and i'm pretty small so you could push me off the ball no bother.

Played against ex Don and Hun David Robertson a few times, also one of Fergies sons, no idea which one but the great man was on the sideline watching, I still to this day have no idea why he didn't sign me up there and then.

I'd compare myself to Maradona in his prime with a little Simmie thrown in, an enforcer with a touch of greatness. :cool:

Dave Moreland a ex Huntly player was my toughest opponent, a nutter.

Sound as fuck old Paul like.

Best mates with my cousin, a proper live wire on a necht oot like.

A guy at work is mates with him. Said he's off to Sheff Utd?

I'd heard when he got his Scotland U21 call up he phoned Darren Ferguson all excited "that's great news isn't it mate"? Ferguson replied "I'm your boss, not your mate" then hung up on him :hysterical::hysterical:

Played against ex Don and Hun David Robertson a few times, also one of Fergies sons, no idea which one but the great man was on the sideline watching, I still to this day have no idea why he didn't sign me up there and then.

I'd compare myself to Maradona in his prime with a little Simmie thrown in, an enforcer with a touch of greatness. :cool:

Dave Moreland a ex Huntly player was my toughest opponent, a nutter.

Was speaking to Dave at the Caley game at Christmas time. Flawed genius.

A truly, truly tremendous footballer.

Haven't played for a couple of years cause of a knee injury but I'd probably say I have the technique of Zinedine Zidane, defensive game of Fabio Cannavaro, passing of Steven Gerrard, dribbling of Leo Messi, finishing of Ruud van Nistelrooy and the long throw ability of Rory DeLap.

Or there abouts

Shame you're a keeper, eh?

Had to mark Rachid Belabed when i played against aberdeen side in there pre season games, was a 2nd string out when they play the highland league teams

I was comparable to Willie Miller or Franco Baresi :happy:

Also played against Brian Irvine pre season when he was coming to the end of his distinguished career at Ross County.

Just without the hair

tash

height

or skill?

Haven't played for a couple of years cause of a knee injury but I'd probably say I have the technique of Zinedine Zidane, defensive game of Fabio Cannavaro, passing of Steven Gerrard, dribbling of Leo Messi, finishing of Ruud van Nistelrooy and the long throw ability of Rory DeLap.

Or there abouts

Pfffffff

I'm a bigger tosser, of the ball, than that throw in pussy

Or there abouts

I'm almost sure the mighty Bayern Bru have faced you before and I entirely dispute the throwing ability