Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

I am

but I got in at 945 am on sunday morning, since being out at 1245 on the Saturday for a "head-wetting"

so, not only am I in no physical state to leave the house, if I DID, id be divorcved

Grounded is the word you're looking for.

Sounds like it was fun :-)

Is this actually any good (kodi on the amazon stick) ?

like is it as good as normal tv? or is it like a stream on your tv?

Live TV can be like streaming on a PC. But for box-sets and movies, it's generally excellent. IIt's not as reliable as TV but the choice of things on offer and the huge amount of sources you can stream them from is good.

480 resolution is watchable, you're probably looking for a minimum 540 resolution for decent quality, but I'm working my way through entire series of Breaking Bad, sometimes you get ten mins into an episode and it sticks, but you just go back and find another stream and pick up where you left off. If you can cope with that, it's excellent. As noted earlier in the thread, I watched Spectre in flawless 1080HD.

It's not always so great at Live TV, but I'm basically happy with the box-sets and movies to be honest. Keeps the kids busy too on a rainy day with all the DIsney films etc.

sorry, but live tv is crap

unreliable

for telly, premiership games can be gotten on something called premier league pass, but even that stutters

its perfect for box sets and movies though

SportsDevil > FirstRowEU > NBCsports great quality live football games,

I am

but I got in at 945 am on sunday morning, since being out at 1245 on the Saturday for a "head-wetting"

so, not only am I in no physical state to leave the house, if I DID, id be divorcved

You saying you got home on Sunday morning but could not make a Tuesday night game because you had a hangover :hysterical:

What's the best current build people are using? think mine needs an update as a lot of it isn't working now.

Been using the black box.

I have tried them all and im now back at kodi with just the addons i need but if i was to pick one of the builds it would be spinz

but i have firesticks and also a firebox maybe on the better boxes like the nvidia i might have the beast or black box (one of them is finished is it not cant remember which one)

did try the beast on a firestick and it froze to much for me

dont like jarvis yet either prefer isengarde

What's the best current build people are using? think mine needs an update as a lot of it isn't working now.

Been using the black box.

Black Box is now called Paradox, since Black Box finished i've been using The Beast and haven't had any issues with it freezing as mentioned above !!

Black Box is now called Paradox, since Black Box finished i've been using The Beast and haven't had any issues with it freezing as mentioned above !!

Might have been what i had it on or my internet even a bad install so im not really blaming the build

Having said that the builds are a lot more bulky than just kodi and a few apps

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon Fire tv 4K with £64.95 delivered 2 year warranty from john Lewis

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-Amazon-Fire-TV-Ultra/dp/B00UH2O6T2

stick.jpg

I have an Amazon fire tv box but not the 4k one and i think its more responsive than my sticks although i have it wired through Ethernet (but seems snappier to change between things )

the voice control would be great if it worked with the kodi apps but it only works with the amazon stuff (great if you are on prime) and its not like other voice stuff its so fast and picks up your voice with ease

but my trial of prime ended so no use now unless i ever get prime again

Beast Encore for me downstairs at the moment.

Spot on. Slimmed down version and works great.

Moneysports went tits up for me yesterday with an error 1004 or something similar. Anyone else getting that?

Phoenix now has a dedicated sports tab, and also live TV tab.

I haven't seen this yet, maybe I need an update - what I did notice was that Valhalla's links to Live Games has disappeared, anyone else got this? I watched the 1st half of Czech v Scotland on a very ropey Frontrowsports link.

Novice to all this stuff but if I ditch my Sky subscription and therefore box what do I do to keep all that is on my Sky box hard drive ?

You keep your box for freesat stuff, the stuff on your box that isn't on the free channels you won't be able to watch as your card won't decrypt it.

I'm binning all Sky and Bt sports tv at the end of the football season, am over a ton for it all, what I can get through free tv and Kodi will do me even though sports are still tough to get on kodi.