Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

Been talking myself out of a 4k fireTV for ages... in now like. 30% off. Apparently it's magic for kodi, plus 4k amazon prime.

Even better if you have registered prime trial through gmail :happy:

like an idoit i paid for a year even though it was on the £59 offer

1 more for @@caledonia

I installed kodi on my phone to see if it worked and not only did it work, it was a lot faster and smoother than the stick...

is the stick a shitty way to do it?

ie if I worked out how to stream from my phone to telly, that might be better?

Just screen mirror it, or use a chrome cast.

that no only if youre watching a video file though, as opposed to a stream?

as I always had an issue when trying to stream old school streams from a site

http://kodiforandroid.com/how-to-stream-kodi-on-the-android-to-chromecast/

Anyway, It must be your wifi that is causing issues, as apart from the odd buffering on live TV, mostly always high profile sport, the picture quality and stream is flawless with the fire stick.

@@caledonia

you ever had a pop up saying "your amazon stick is running hot - please contact amazon for any questions?!"

it didn't say to me to turn it off, bizarrely..!

Its the cheap plastic casing that heats up a lot have heat problems

these things should in my opinion have an aluminium case or at the very least some sort of small heatsinks

some people are putting heatsinks on themselves but as long as the stick is not freezing (wrong word maybe) it should be fine

If your stick is not working it might just be the temp as mine run hot but not boiling like others have posted on forums etc

I have 2 firesticks and an amazon firetv and the firetv is far quicker all round and is miles better and crisp when changing anything

does not heat either and has usb and wired ethernet as well as wifi (thinking of changing my sticks to boxes) would have bought some on tuesday if i did not need a ssd and headphones etc

that no only if youre watching a video file though, as opposed to a stream?

as I always had an issue when trying to stream old school streams from a site

You can do it with streaming as well

chromecast as epk says and miracast i think is another

not worth the risk in my opinion as it will probably just heat up your phone and if wifi goes down your data plan will be fucked with movies running

• 3 weeks later...

Just for anyone interested you can get a NOW TV BOX + 3 MONTH ENTERTAINMENT PASS for just £9.85 (was £20 before)

ENTERTAINMENT PACK - THE EASY WAY TO WATCH THE LATEST SHOWS YOU WON'T FIND ON FREEVIEW

- Watch 13 amazing Pay TV channels: SKY1, SKY ATLANTIC, SKY LIVING, SKY ARTS1,FOX, DISCOVERY CHANNEL, MTV, DISNEY CHANNEL, COMEDY CENTRAL, GOLD,

- Catch-up on missed episodes or watch whole series from the start with over 140 box sets.

- BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5, Facebook, Spotify & more

- Dip in and out whenever you want. No contract.

http://www.shopto.net/electronics/sky/NOWTVENT2-now-tv-box-3-month-entertainment-pass

Got round to getting a fire stick last week. Managed to sideload Kodi nae bother only to find all the addons I had enabled had 'no content'...couldn't figure it out but it turns out I needed to turnoff something in advanced settings on my bt hub (which is possibly mentioned somewhere in this thread already but I haven't read the whole thing)...all good now and I've watched a couple of movies through exodus with no issues. What is best for live tv? I have tried a few sky sports links in 'Live Mix' and through 'phoenix sports' but the quality is quite poor and it is a bit jumpy (not overly fussed about live tv, but would be nice to know where to go if I fancy watching something!)

Should I be using a VPN or will I be ok without?

I started watching the revenant last night before I was over-ruled...anyway, should there be subtitles for the native American bits? If so, what stream has them?

Got round to getting a fire stick last week. Managed to sideload Kodi nae bother only to find all the addons I had enabled had 'no content'...couldn't figure it out but it turns out I needed to turnoff something in advanced settings on my bt hub (which is possibly mentioned somewhere in this thread already but I haven't read the whole thing)...all good now and I've watched a couple of movies through exodus with no issues. What is best for live tv? I have tried a few sky sports links in 'Live Mix' and through 'phoenix sports' but the quality is quite poor and it is a bit jumpy (not overly fussed about live tv, but would be nice to know where to go if I fancy watching something!)

Should I be using a VPN or will I be ok without?

I started watching the revenant last night before I was over-ruled...anyway, should there be subtitles for the native American bits? If so, what stream has them?

I used addons for a while until I discovered builds for Kodi. Tried Jayhawk which was good at first then kept going off line, then then Nemesis which was okay. Downloaded The beast a few days back and is the best yet. The good thing with builds is all your addons are incorporated in the build. The Beast also has Sky Sports on a stand alone section which has worked great or me in the last two days and in HD streaming. The movie section has great films from several providers like M4U which tells you the film quality before watching. See the video I posted above to download The Beast.

I used addons for a while until I discovered builds for Kodi. Tried Jayhawk which was good at first then kept going off line, then then Nemesis which was okay. Downloaded The beast a few days back and is the best yet. The good thing with builds is all your addons are incorporated in the build. The Beast also has Sky Sports on a stand alone section which has worked great or me in the last two days and in HD streaming. The movie section has great films from several providers like M4U which tells you the film quality before watching. See the video I posted above to download The Beast.

Cheers min! Will give it a go when I get a chance.