Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

I installed Trakt to use with Exodus because the guide I used suggested it. I've not idea what it is.

I now "mark as watched in Trakt" rather than "watched in Exodus". Crazy.

When I updated my build for Ultimate Mania I found that ON-Tapp.TV (which is a £4 a month EPG guide ) was installed on the new update. Must have been a mistake from the guy who did the update.

• Admin

I installed Trakt to use with Exodus because the guide I used suggested it. I've not idea what it is.

I now "mark as watched in Trakt" rather than "watched in Exodus". Crazy.

Trakt allows you to sync your programmes and movies in exodus.

Ever upgraded and had to manually add all those shows again? Trakt will automatically add them again when you sync it.

Also allows you to remotely manage the programmes remotely via a browser or if you're away from your TV.

You can browse or explore TV shows on trakt's website and add them then and there, which will then appear in your exodus. It'll also show when they next air. It's not essential, but it makes things a bit more seamless.

Is today's game on ultimate mania, I want to know before I part with £4.00

Don't think it will be.

It was off the Club section a while back.

I tweeted the Mania Guys who said RED TV had updated their security and they were working on getting it back on Ultimate Mania.

Problem is Club TV is not a priority for them.

Agree.

I have that and Ultimate Mania.

Always good to have a back up.

PS

Just a bother plugging into HDMI cable from laptop to the TV. ( lazy )

Pay for Red TV international and get a VPN. More expensive but at least the money goes to the club.

I did have redtv int and hide my ass proxy last season but only needed it on 2 occasions, But your right its more ethical

• Admin

Via the Independent

The Premier League has obtained a new court order to block illegal streams fed to Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) boxes running Kodi.

It means that internet service providers (ISPs) including Sky, BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk will have to block customers’ access to streams provided by third-party add-ons on Kodi at the request of the Premier League.

This can also be done mid-game, according to a report in Bloomberg.

The boy that runs sportsmania and sportsnation is confident the court ruling won't affect them. Just have to trust that it won't.

My sky subscription runs out this month and I'm going to me getting almost all tv through kodi. Already got one tv in the house which only runs a firestick so use kodi bbc iplayer etc. No issues whatsoever. Some of the sportsmania streams like for TSN or FoxSports are outstanding.

I read on some kodi forum that something like £18 out of a £70 sky subscription effectively goes straight into the pocket of a premiership footballer. Whether that's true or not BT amd Sky have been getting away with shafting the public for expensive subscriptions for long enough. I've no issues watching on sportsmania etc. If it hurts English football all the better.

• Admin

Is that easily enforceable by them mate aye?

Possibly. All that ISPs would need to do would be block an IP address of the stream and you'll no longer have access to it. Really a matter of how close the Premiership and ISPs relationship is and how quickly they deal with requests.

If it does cause a hassle, a VPN to bypass would just be an additional £2-3 per month cost. Still paying significantly less in a year for what it costs to have Sky + BT Sport in an entire month though.

The boy that runs sportsmania and sportsnation is confident the court ruling won't affect them. Just have to trust that it won't.

My sky subscription runs out this month and I'm going to me getting almost all tv through kodi. Already got one tv in the house which only runs a firestick so use kodi bbc iplayer etc. No issues whatsoever. Some of the sportsmania streams like for TSN or FoxSports are outstanding.

I read on some kodi forum that something like £18 out of a £70 sky subscription effectively goes straight into the pocket of a premiership footballer. Whether that's true or not BT amd Sky have been getting away with shafting the public for expensive subscriptions for long enough. I've no issues watching on sportsmania etc. If it hurts English football all the better.

Well said that man

NEW FIRESTICK SOON

with Alexa Voice Remote

This item will be released on April 6, 2017.
Pre-order now.
Want it delivered the day it comes out?
Choose Standard Delivery at checkout. Details

• The next generation of our bestselling Fire TV Stick. The most powerful streaming media stick, with the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search-now including the Alexa Voice Remote.
  • Over 7,000 apps, games and Alexa skills, including Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, YouTube, and more.
  • Launch apps and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, "Launch Netflix" or "Skip ahead 5 minutes" and Alexa responds. Plus, play music, find movie showtimes, search for local restaurants and more. Just ask.
  • 8 GB of storage and 1 GB of memory for apps and games, a quad-core processor, plus 802.11ac Wi-Fi for fast streaming and smooth performance.
  • Easily find what you want to watch with search results from Netflix, Amazon Video, Prime Video, and other third-party apps.
  • Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes, including The Grand Tour, at no additional cost. Plus, two million songs with Prime Music.
  • Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug your Fire TV Stick into a TV's HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.
  • Play current favourites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen.

Looking at getting a new tv - I see the Sony Bravia comes with Android TV, does that mean you can get Kodi through the tv without the need for firestick? If so, anyone know how well it performs?

I have and it performs great with no lag. Also got Ultimatemania on it for all the HD football.

• Admin

Will I be getting a 10 year jail sentence for using exodus on Kodi? :(

Nah. You're more than likely get a letter from your ISP, in which case you'll reply that you're profusely sorry and that you'll stop doing it and never do it ever again.

Then you start using a VPN in the future.

I wouldn't take the hyperbole from the newspapers. Those getting prison sentences or fines are the folk selling and supplying pre-loaded boxes.

Nobody is going to prison for loading kodi up on a firestick then installing third-party addons themselves.

Anyone PM me the best way to set up a VPN for my firestick?

Don't think you can load vpn software onto a firestick as yet. I've been looking at eventually replacing my sky hub with a router with a vpn server. Its not a simple thing so i won't be dong it until such times as i receive a letter (which i probably never will)

I have to say that i have been in the downloading game since the 1st incarnation of napster and have never used a vpn and i have also never had any letter from anyone ISP or whatever. The papers are full of shit. Remember the sun is owned by Murdoch who ownes Sky so the will skew the stories to scare folk.

I have and it performs great with no lag. Also got Ultimatemania on it for all the HD football.

Looking at getting a new tv - I see the Sony Bravia comes with Android TV, does that mean you can get Kodi through the tv without the need for firestick? If so, anyone know how well it performs?

As above I got a Sony 4K TV last month and it works fine, no issues at all.

As mentioned you get Kodi from the Play Store, i've also sideloaded Mobdro and its all very straightforward to do.