Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

These Zgemma boxes. Do you have to pay someone to card share? Kodi is great for films and TV series on demand but for sports is a bit annoying trying to find a free stream that is decent. Struggling to see the point in these Zgemma box things especially if everything is in SD.

Do folk nae read this thread? Sports Mania,£50 a year, everything in full HD, nae buffering. If you squabble over £50 a year, you deserve buffering.

• Upvote 1

• Admin

All on sportsmania can be found for free, what a waste of fifty quid.

All in one place, with HD quality with no buffering without advert popups and clickbate appearing on the stream and video players?

If you know a site which has all that for free, we're all ears.

New Amazon fire stick coming soon (maybe why the one on sale now will hit £20 tomorrow black friday)

new one will have Alexa which will work with 7000 apps including netflix and quad core instead of dual core

same price as well but still no 4k unless you get the Amazon firetv box

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/media-streamers/1405238/the-new-amazon-fire-tv-stick-2016-will-come-with-alexa-but-still-no-4k

The new Amazon Fire TV Stick (2016) has Alexa

We’ve already seen Alexa in action on the fantastic Amazon Echo, but now Amazon’s digital assistant has arrived on the Fire TV Stick. The assistant itself comes as part of the new dongle’s voice control remote, and just like the other version of Alexa, it lets you navigate around 7,000 apps – including Netflix.

To get Alexa working, you just press one button on the streamer’s new remote, and then Alexa will be able to search across apps and services.

btw one thats on the go just now has already hit £24 at argos and £22.99 at maplin so must hit around £20 on Amazon in just over 4 hours

amazon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

im reasonable tech savvy, so I think I know the answer to my own question but...

I know others have a great time with sportsmania, in hd with no buffering - but I cant get it at all

hd is jittery and freezes, but sd is fine

id be intrigued to know - do others who do have it working, use it on a firestick or other hardware?

my question is (finally) - is the firestick just not good enough hardware wise and that has an effect on my hd streams? I just wouldn't have thought so, as what would the stick be lacking in to hamper the stream once its found it?

Is the answer...because BT supply your internet?! ;)

im reasonable tech savvy, so I think I know the answer to my own question but...

I know others have a great time with sportsmania, in hd with no buffering - but I cant get it at all

hd is jittery and freezes, but sd is fine

id be intrigued to know - do others who do have it working, use it on a firestick or other hardware?

my question is (finally) - is the firestick just not good enough hardware wise and that has an effect on my hd streams? I just wouldn't have thought so, as what would the stick be lacking in to hamper the stream once its found it?

FWIW;

I use a kodi operating system (openelec) on a custom PC, so has decent RAM, video card and a wired connection to the router. Streams HD nae bother. Not everyone's cup of tea as you need a PC case next to your TV, rather than a stick you plug in.

Firestick is fine for HD streams on wifi with fibre broadband (i have 2 working great)

I also have a fire tv box which is a lot more responsive as it has more memory better cpu etc and its wired ethernet as well

I am on BT fibre 52MB down approx

255467888.jpg

To make sure its not your internet do a speed test on the stick

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you still keep your Sky/BT subscription going or do you feel the Kodi boxes etc. are reliable enough?

Sounds like a lot of fucking about having to download stuff at times. I can't quite bring myself to sack Sky despite them being robbing bastards. The other half loves her box sets - so do I actually- and wouldn't want those to disappear. Same with recording stuff via Sky+.

Do any of you still keep your Sky/BT subscription going or do you feel the Kodi boxes etc. are reliable enough?

Sounds like a lot of fucking about having to download stuff at times. I can't quite bring myself to sack Sky despite them being robbing bastards. The other half loves her box sets - so do I actually- and wouldn't want those to disappear. Same with recording stuff via Sky+.

The Zgemma satellite receiver box I have allows to pause, and record. No box sets though.