Iptv / Kodi

caledonia

I think it might be the file itself I'm having trouble uploading.

Tried to do it at my parents earlier and having the same problem of the green bar filling repeatedly, but it's just not saying it's installed.

maybe it is installed and not showing

what ever you do with tv stick, kodi, downloads or just change settings you have to come out of it and go back in (like a restart ) to make most of them work

If you know someone near to you (did ollie not offer) give it to them and it will take 15 mins to get it all up and going

• Admin

This stick is beginning to look like...if it sounds to good to be true it probably is...it turns a non smart TV into a smart TV...nothing more...it does leave a whiff of snake oil if the truth be told.

It doesn't just turn it into a smart TV.

It turns it into a smart TV with live TV from across the world, as well as TV series and movies available at the click of a button... for free. No subscriptions necessary.

Essentially turns your cooncil TV into Sky's most expensive package and more.

I was all excited when I got my laptop set up to stream virtually any movie in the World, new and old.

The big problem is finding something decent to watch, I watched a movie last night that was filmed over years, about some kid growing up, childhood I think, something like that anyway, was Empire magazines best film of 2013.....what a load of bollocks it was.

So I have this great tool at my fingertips and can think of nothing to watch, any movie rec's get them posted, the usual mainstream crap on the film thread is stuff I've seen.

I like war, bank robberies, thrillers, holocaust (alleged), documentaries.

Don't forget to install the iVue EPG, which is probably the best thing i've found for TVMC/Kodi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKIVOXCOKU

Cheers Bebo, will do this tomorrow, had already binned SKY sports when I got laid off, I assume BT sports will be on this as well? I'm stuck in a contract for another 6 Months odd with them but will try and get out of it If it's on there, the cunts advertised it as £10 a Month but added on HD which I didn't ask for, awful company.

Wonder how the streaming companies make money, seems to be advert free and the majors must be on their backs all the time, fair play to them though, this will eventually lead to the EPL imploding as people paying for sport falls through the floor.

Cheers Bebo, will do this tomorrow, had already binned SKY sports when I got laid off, I assume BT sports will be on this as well? I'm stuck in a contract for another 6 Months odd with them but will try and get out of it If it's on there, the cunts advertised it as £10 a Month but added on HD which I didn't ask for, awful company.

Wonder how the streaming companies make money, seems to be advert free and the majors must be on their backs all the time, fair play to them though, this will eventually lead to the EPL imploding as people paying for sport falls through the floor.

Was working flawlessly last night for me.

I've got Sky and pay them over £80 a month and with BT starting to charge can I buy one of these

and tell Sky to reduce to their basic package and then be able to get Sky Sports on TV Stick?

Or is it not as simple as that.

I like simple.

From speaking to Ollie, I believe it is.

The only issue is if your wifi is down then you're fucked for sports etc.

I've got Sky and pay them over £80 a month and with BT starting to charge can I buy one of these

and tell Sky to reduce to their basic package and then be able to get Sky Sports on TV Stick?

Or is it not as simple as that.

I like simple.

It is as simple as that Tam. Bearing in mind though that it's all streamed from the Internet, so if your connection isn't the best, or its down for any reason, then your scuppered
  • Upvote 2

It is as simple as that Tam. Bearing in mind though that it's all streamed from the Internet, so if your connection isn't the best, or its down for any reason, then your scuppered

Oh I can just imagine she's watching some shite and it stops working coz of wifi problem it'll

be my fault.

I'll just blame Frankie.

• Upvote 1

Any TV, in any home.

Runs off of WiFi.

I was playing about with it last night now that I'm sorted and it's great if you put they sky type tv guide thingy on.

It's got all the Sky Sports channels and all the movies plus heaps more.

I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.

What do you mean?

Is it being binned?

• Admin

What do you mean?

Is it being binned?

I'm with KSL here. I've got my money's worth out of it already and will enjoy it while it lasts.

The issue is that although it works 100% flawlessly, at the end of the day it relies on your internet connection. You're streaming all these feeds from a server or site elsewhere. All it takes is for a court order to your ISP to block connections to that site and it's fucked and the fun is over.

Although i'm sure there are workarounds like using a VPN. But i won't bother looking into it until the ISPs actually block the services. I'm just hoping it continues to be so niche it flies under the radar.

ProjectFreeTV has already been banned and the catagories don't show anything but it should be simple enough to set up a VPN with the developer settings. I'm sure there's already add ons that do it but haven't ventured into them yet.

Will it last though?? Sky must be fuming and have the money to stop it.

Tried watching Jurassic World last night, really bad quality, gave up, everything has been faultless so far but that was back to the old streaming days, tried loads of different sites but all the same.

i hope Murdoch gets toppled, the guts of £100 for tv is crap but don't think this will last, how do they make money?

• Admin

Will it last though?? Sky must be fuming and have the money to stop it.

Tried watching Jurassic World last night, really bad quality, gave up, everything has been faultless so far but that was back to the old streaming days, tried loads of different sites but all the same.

i hope Murdoch gets toppled, the guts of £100 for tv is crap but don't think this will last, how do they make money?

I'm not surprised the Jurassic World was poor quality. It's only just been released in cinemas so you were probably watching a phone recording of a massive screen inside a cinema.