• 4 weeks later...

Didn't move the ball about quick enough,although Morton were well drilled we should have done better, crowd were in good voice but swathes of empty seats is far from an inspirational environment for the players .tynecastle or Easter road would have been ideal but we already know the SFA are clueless on that respect.

Guest milne_afc

Holding the match at Hampden was a SPFL decision surely?

Aye, beamer for all the thickos chanting against the SFA when the attendance was announced.

I gave up being a smart arse on Saturday correcting them on their choice of target for the chant.

Sometimes you've just got to let the simple folk have their 5mins.

I corrected one lad and his response was something along the lines of 'Aye fuck them anah, fuck abdae'

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://statsandminiskirts.wordpress.com/2017/03/19/simple-tactics-and-international-standard-players-aberdeen-2-0-hearts/

Latest blog reflecting on the Hearts game. Includes a short video blog as well in an attempt to do something different. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff but will try it out for a bit.

For me, you miss the key point by focusing on McLean and Shinnie- it's the balance of the midfield 3 that is doing the trick

Jack may not get stuck in but he has the tactical nous to hang deep and let Shinnie chase and McLean get forward

Each as important as the other as their games compliment both each other and McInnes' tactics so well.

This is key to our current success and explains why, despite Maddison's talent, we couldn't quite make it click with him in the team- and why Ryan Christie starts most games on the bench

The blend in midfield is the best we've had for a long time. Long may that continue.

Rooney has been brilliant for us since he joined but I cant help thinking what a more mobile, technically able striker could do for us. A striker who was also good in the air.

With that midfield trio and Hayes and McGinn out wide we would be so formidable. Granted we are doing great at the moment and I'm not for a second complaining.

Loving our keeper and FB's but maybe Deek needs to have a rethink in central defence.

A better quality CF and CH could see us really push for the Europa League group stage. Its a tall order but then how many folk thought we would beat Dnipro?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...