Kairat Almaty V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

2-1 was a score I would have taken at 3:44pm no problems at all

Think we played better in the last round against a better team

quite concerned as they have shown at the start and the end they can create chances almost at will and at the start of the second half can defend very well and keep us out of the final third

The one real positive for next week is where we have played the game with body clocks thinking its around 4pm when they start the game their body clocks will be thinking its around 1 am and starting to shut down. They will go all guns blazing in the first half to try and get a cushion before mother nature lends us a hand in the second half. We need 3 goals - as they will in all likelihood score at least 1

Can see this going to extra time tbh when our advantage will really kick in

They were a better team than the Croatian mob. far better.

Just hope they do not travel long distance well.

Fire alarms at hotels etc. :whistling:

Tricky tie. We have shown a mental resilience tonight to consolidate a game which we started badly. Good tactical change from Del to go 4-4-2, and whilst Rooney may not have been effective, Mclean changed the game. Reducing the deficit to 2-1 was critical. Approaching the return will not be easy as they are more than capable of scoring. The best approach would be to accept we probably will need to score at least 2 on the night. We will need to play really well to progress and they can set-up just to protect and consolidate their lead. I hope we do it!

COYR!

TBF Hayes should have scored last week and today AND should have squared it to Rooney to smash home

Hayes DID score last week.

Tough ask for the header today. COMPLETELY different to the header from last week, which he should have scored. I do agree he should have squared it to McLean also tonight as does Hayes himself as he realised straight after.

Is there any evidence that the other side struggle in Europe away from home due to kick off times?

over the last two seasons they have

Home

P5 W 4 D 1 L0 GF 9 GA 3

Away

P4 W 1 D1 L 2 GF 3 GA 3

if you include 2002/5/6 seasons

Home

P8 W6 D1 L1 GF 13 GA 6

Away

P7 W1 D1 L5 GF 4 FA 11 (4 of those games they failed to score)

Id say they don't travel too well

Much easier to travel West than East.

From my own experience I tend to agree - but I still start to really tire in the evenings unless I go alcohol fueled come 9 o'clock at night on the East coast of USA - if I don't have an additional Bacardi intake I start to flag and struggle to catch a second wind. for them that's going to be mid match

over the last two seasons they have

Home

P5 W 4 D 1 L0 GF 9 GA 3

Away

P4 W 1 D1 L 2 GF 3 GA 3

if you include 2002/5/6 seasons

Home

P8 W6 D1 L1 GF 13 GA 6

Away

P7 W1 D1 L5 GF 4 FA 11 (4 of those games they failed to score)

Id say they don't travel too well

Not sure going back that far is relevant? For the last 2 years there away record doesn't seem that interesting, who have they played?

Not sure going back that far is relevant? For the last 2 years there away record doesn't seem that interesting, who have they played?

yeah that was why I split to the last two seasons - but even going back follows the trend

(courtesy of wiki btw) very green at home very red away

Season Competition Round Club Home Away Aggregate

2002–03 UEFA Cup QR 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Red Star Belgrade 0–2 0–3 0–5

2005–06 UEFA Champions League 1Q 23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png Artmedia Bratislava 2–0 1–4 (aet) 3–4

2006–07 UEFA Cup 1Q 23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png Fehérvár 2–1 (a) 0–1 2–2

2014–15 UEFA Europa League 1Q 21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png Kukësi 1–0 0–0 1–0

2Q 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Esbjerg fB 1–1 0–1 1–2

2015–16 UEFA Europa League 1Q 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Red Star Belgrade 2–1 2–0 4–1

2Q 23px-Flag_of_Armenia.svg.png Alashkert 3–0 1–2 4–2

3Q 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Aberdeen 2–1

Much easier to travel West than East.

Only if you are intending to amend your sleep pattern to comply with the local time zone.

Tom Cruise refuses to change his sleep pattern no matter what country he is in, which I guess makes sense if you are constantly changing time zones due to your job.

Fortunately for us, if we've kept our sleep pattern on BST (which I assume we have), the game kicked off at a reasonable time. If Almaty try and do the same, next week's game will be like playing at 2am for them.

I think we have a very good chance of qualification, certainly better than last season at this stage.

Viva Derek McInnes.

I'm quite content with the score line.

I think the game was very similar to the Rijeka game in that we struggled to get a foothold in the beginning. Only difference this time is that Almaty took their chances and Rijeka didn't.

2nd half different story and we were much improved. Vital away goal and all very much still to play for in the 2nd leg.

We'll take them at Pittodrie.