Kairat Almaty V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

Just reading on the bbc that it cost us 200k to charter the plane for this match. Prize money for the round only 100. Surely a great argument for regionalised qualifying.

By this round its going to be quite difficult to regionalise it to be fair - with a big crowd next week we should be in profit for the round if not break even, if that goal is in anyway related to the preparation and it sees us through its well worth while

appreciate that but it's not exactly the easiest place to get to in 'europe'. Anyway, pump them in front of a full house next week and we'll make money so no big deal I suppose.

agree it's not the easiest place to get to but it works both ways, in fact slightly in our favour as already discussed.

I thought Morgan died about 5 years ago?

Nah nah min.Turns out it wasn't him who was in Almaty however.

did he lose his passport or just misplace it and miss the flight?

I can think of worse places to be stuck than Amschterdam :omg:

Fell out his pocket in the airport bar. By the time he realised he wouldn't be able to make the game (through another flight) he just came home. Feel terrible for him.

He'll make the 4th round though.

2-0 not impossible to come back from but we'd have been very wary of conceeding at home. 2-1 we can just play our own game. Very important goal!

1-0 would do but doubt we can keep them out, so we just have to make sure we score TWO more goals than them.

Simples.

4-2 after extra time