Kairat Almaty V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

Just posted in the May transfer thread but does anyone else think that May & Goodwillie would be a pretty fkn awesome partnership?

Rooney is a great penalty box striker but May & DG offer a lot more with their all round games.

I really want this May transfer to come off :crossfingers:

Sell Rooney

I'd like to see Goodwillie operate in behind, say Mcginn and Rooney.

McGinn can be a greedy little piggy when playing deeper, trying speculative efforts where Goodwillie would be looking to feed into a team mate. More often than not those efforts fly well past, where a through ball to a more advanced player would be the better option.

I'd like to see a Rooney/McGinn partnership... Rooney smashing cunts oot his road, McGinn the trickier of the two EmeraldIslians, both being set up on a plate by Goodwillie.

Top banana.

See the team that knocked out ICT came back from 2 down to draw at Upton Park.

Caley certainly didn't embarrass themselves at all. They are still a strong side even with the loss of some good players it seems.

They didn't but West Ham are really shit

Guest RosemountRed

on reflection that's a decent performance.

Surely to go it'll be a sell-out next week? Hopefully AFC realise this and open up the whole of the South Stand to the home support.

Still need Rooney for the kilmarnocks of this world plus the Tim's would just batter fuck out of May and Goodwillie.

Worth also saying re Goodwillie looking to feed in team mates, I always felt that was pawlett's strength. If his team mates other than Goodwillie aren't feeding him in, like Robson used to, he struggles which is what we're seeing now.

Partner to Rooney is someone to get the knock ons. May would fill that gap too!

on reflection that's a decent performance.

Surely to go it'll be a sell-out next week? Hopefully AFC realise this and open up the whole of the South Stand to the home support.

Indeed, surely they won't bring anyone over for this. Hopefully a packed Pittodrie, howling wind and pouring rain please.

Disagree mutant. Rooney wins more than his share of high balls. So much so that most teams put their centre half on him and a second to mop up. That's what creates the space for McGinn, Hayes etc.

First ball, then get in the box and cause mayhem for the subsequent cross. A bit McGhee-like in that respect.

The problem is that Rooney heads the ball on, typically to nobody. Goodwille is better because he holds it up and brings players in, gets free kicks. That said you can't argue with Rooney's goal scoring record.

• Site Sponsor

Last two away games we have started tentatively. Got away with it in Croatia but not last night. Nothing to fear from this lot at home but we should play it tight at the back and definitely have young Wright on the bench to bring on and scare the shit out of them with his pace.

I thought this team looked far better than Rijeka so we'll have to put in a much better performance at home. They look very dangerous and could easily bag a goal or 2.

Still not seen their goals as I only saw the 2nd half on TV but by all accounts the 2nd was a freak stunner. If we can keep it tight then obviously no reason we can't go through. Being a goal down will lead to a different approach at home so that'll hopefully bring out the best of our attackers.

Well done to the travelling Dandies, awesome trip I'm sure.

The problem is that Rooney heads the ball on, typically to nobody. Goodwille is better because he holds it up and brings players in, gets free kicks. That said you can't argue with Rooney's goal scoring record.

Exactly , so what is the point in that , we lose possession , Goodwillie would take it down or win a foul .

Very happy with how we reacted to going 2-0 down, for me we started slowly but didn't do much wrong to find ourselves 2-0 down and looking a little lost but each and everyone one of those players pulled together to get back in to it, for me it's great to see we have players with such strong resolve, a few years ago we'd have came back from there 4-0 down, easily.

Mclean is really starting to look the part, finds himself in some great positions, also finds lots of space and always looks up to see what's on.

• Site Sponsor

Very happy with how we reacted to going 2-0 down, for me we started slowly but didn't do much wrong to find ourselves 2-0 down and looking a little lost but each and everyone one of those players pulled together to get back in to it, for me it's great to see we have players with such strong resolve, a few years ago we'd have came back from there 4-0 down, easily.

Mclean is really starting to look the part, finds himself in some great positions, also finds lots of space and always looks up to see what's on.

Yes McLean is going to be important for us.

Kairat are very dangerous going forward, but they don't look too comfortable at the back and we dominated the midfield in the second half so we need to approach the game in a similar vain in the second leg.

We sit back too deep and give the opposition too much time and space around 20-40 yards from our goal. This is a very dangerous game to play with quality opposition, as proven last night with their second.

2nd leg, close them down quicker and further up the field. Start on the front foot (for a change!) and try to take the game to them rather than sitting back and trying to soak up pressure.

I'll go with 2-1 Dons at Pittodrie with us beating them on pens!