Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If all our games, including those against Dundee, had gone ahead as scheduled we might have got rid of Robson earlier instead of getting the "games in hand" excuse.

I doubt it, Cormack doesn’t remove manager before the end of January at the earliest. 

21 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

It appears the Killie players have responded well to Dereks You’re 5th what more did you expect / deserve speech.  Inspirational stuff.

Reminds me of when everyone would call for him to be sacked at half time if we weren't winning. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Yeah Dens is a joke in general. The pitch has an uphill and downhill depending on which way you’re playing which alone shouldn’t be acceptable on a professional level. 
At previous posters mentioned, Dundee should upgrade their pitch to better standards. 

Doubtful they're going to spend anything other than the bare minimum on it given that they're moving to their new stadium possibly next summer (more realistically summer 2026)

3 hours ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I know. A few areas where the ball doesn't bounce means fuck all or it never used to. Along with the VAR sagas, these postponed matches makes the Scottish Premiership look diddy-esque. Never happens in English Premier, I actually don't recall any Championship games being postponed this season. 

One of the most important aspects of football administration is that... the games go ahead.

"It iznae oor fault... the RAIN came on last night, min, pitch is soakin', min, even the sand we got fae B&Q didnae work, min. Da blame us, min."

Fuck off.

The referee has the final decision on whether the game goes ahead. And of course, we're talking about Scotland's officials......a bunch of shitebag, cowardly fuckers who will always, always, always make the most tediously, nitpicking decision based on whatever the absolute opposite of common-sense is. 

**OLD CUNT ALERT** 

The referees of a generation or so ago may not have been perfect, but you could rarely accuse them of lacking common sense. Guys like Bob Valentine or David Syme and the rest would never have considered postponing a game because of a wee bit of rain and mud. 

Today's officialdom....from the fuckwits at the top of the SPFL to the snivelling, over-promoted, officious cunts that referee our games, are too terrified to step oustide the safety first bubble. 

And the game is correspondingly ruined for the fans. 

• Thanks 1

Huns are delighted this game was called off. Don’t kid yourself here with all their BS grandstanding. They have injuries & this is perfect for them. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they bunged the ref to call it off & paid the groundsmen (that were there at 5am)🥱 to hose the pitch 🤣

5 hours ago, huncunts said:

Reminds me of when everyone would call for him to be sacked at half time if we weren't winning. 

I was calling for him to be sacked at (what turned out to be) half time in his tenure 🤔 

4 years was plenty

2 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

The referee has the final decision on whether the game goes ahead. And of course, we're talking about Scotland's officials......a bunch of shitebag, cowardly fuckers who will always, always, always make the most tediously, nitpicking decision based on whatever the absolute opposite of common-sense is. 

**OLD CUNT ALERT** 

The referees of a generation or so ago may not have been perfect, but you could rarely accuse them of lacking common sense. Guys like Bob Valentine or David Syme and the rest would never have considered postponing a game because of a wee bit of rain and mud. 

Today's officialdom....from the fuckwits at the top of the SPFL to the snivelling, over-promoted, officious cunts that referee our games, are too terrified to step oustide the safety first bubble. 

And the game is correspondingly ruined for the fans. 

Bob Valentine, a blast from the past. He seemed to regularly get Aberdeen v United games despite coming from Dundee, I don't seem to recall any hint of bias. 

• Thanks 1

SPFL will hold a review into the postponement of Huns game yesterday. Didn’t hear about any reviews after the previous 3 postponements at that gaff this season. Other than live TV being involved, the circumstances between our postponement & the Huns very much similar.

25 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Dens park always used to have best pitch according to many ex players over the years.  It was deffo far from that last week.

Finally a topic i can be ‘in the know about’ 😂!!

They have had drainage issues for the last 10 years. More severely recently, but pretty much their drainage system is fucked and the turf and ground retaining water. they sorted parts of it years ago, but they really need to excavate and start from scratch. The problem with that is that some areas require hand excavation due to the under soil heating. 

this is all fine and dundee could do it, but they are reluctant due to their proposed new stadium plans and in their eyes, they don’t want to spend that sort of money, which is understandable to a point. 

groundskeepers are fighting a losing battle and the ground is pretty much a sponge with the ground and surface retaining the water. 

SPFL won’t do anything this season, as to properly sort it, it needs time. With better weather coming, it will probably dry it out until they can do some minor works in the worst areas in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

If Dundee refuse to invest to bring their pitch into the 21st century then they should be threatened with a points deduction.

Every other club has had to invest in their pitch...even Motherwell with their Somme-like mudbath...and I don't see why Dundee should be allowed to have a financial advantage by refusing to do so.

Fuck them. 

3 minutes ago, RDS said:

Tony Macaroni have ended sponsorship of Livingston shirts and stadium from end of season. They're advertising for new stadium sponsor. We could all chip in a fiver 

Yes heard as the team is pasta it’s best they are no longer interested 

12 hours ago, RDS said:

Tony Macaroni have ended sponsorship of Livingston shirts and stadium from end of season. They're advertising for new stadium sponsor. We could all chip in a fiver 

Good chance for Cormack to finally get his new stadium 

23 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

What a weird joke. We got 3rd wrapped up about November. 

Welcome Dhanda and Penrice.

As late as November this year? 😮

wtf happened? normally you’re claiming 3rd is wrapped up in August every season