Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

A lot of Hearts fans feel our primary strategy should be signing the best of the rest of Scotland.Β 

Weir. Cameron. McKinlay. McCann. Type of signings have done well for us before.

Dhanda. Penrice. Spittal. Know the league. No transfer fees. Strengthening third.Β 

Strain. Baccus. Phillips. Obvious remaining OOC players.Β 

Hibs too busy being a feeder club for English reserve teams.

Dunno what Aberdeen will do but likely delaying outlay til new manager arrives.Β 

I'm happy we're doing business early from a strong position.

2 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah season tickets blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahΒ 

Β 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

What a weird joke. We got 3rd wrapped up about November.Β 

Welcome Dhanda and Penrice.

Spaceship heed leaves or gets injured you’ll be back fighting relegation, as per usual πŸͺ€Β 

• Thanks 1

Agree. Β Also getting business done early trying to put togetherΒ a competent squad for Europe. Β So not in the days before a qualifierΒ and not in panic on 31st Aug supposedly because someone’s left when in fact you were dreadfully short inΒ the first place.

Right thats enough compliments, fuck off jambo, 86, etc etc .

How long has Blair Spittal played at this level and how long has he flattered to deceive? Same goes with Mark O'Hara - avoid.Β 

We could do with some players who are proven in Scotland but I won't lose sleep over Dhanda (technical ability but a luxury player), Spittal and Penrice. Jesus.

Baccus and Phillips both seem no brainers. If Hearts picked either of them up they'd be doing good business.Β 

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

How long has Blair Spittal played at this level and how long has he flattered to deceive? Same goes with Mark O'Hara - avoid.Β 

We could do with some players who are proven in Scotland but I won't lose sleep over Dhanda (technical ability but a luxury player), Spittal and Penrice. Jesus.

Baccus and Phillips both seem no brainers. If Hearts picked either of them up they'd be doing good business.Β 

Phillips is exactly the type of midfielder we need. Solid, tough, strong tackler.Β 
He’s not going to Hearts though?Β 
The rest? Meh.Β 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Phillips is exactly the type of midfielder we need. Solid, tough, strong tackler.Β 
He’s not going to Hearts though?Β 
The rest? Meh.Β 

Not as far as I'm aware but him and Baccus, who incidentally isn't getting a game at St Mirren, would be obvious signings for us, Hibs and Hearts.

The players Hearts have actually signed on pre-contract aren't bad but they're not worth getting in a panic over.

2 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Not as far as I'm aware but him and Baccus, who incidentally isn't getting a game at St Mirren, would be obvious signings for us, Hibs and Hearts.

The players Hearts have actually signed on pre-contract aren't bad but they're not worth getting in a panic over.

If Clarkson of 22/23 reappears he’s far better than both Dhanda or Spittal.

Β 

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

The fact Hearts are signing Spittal, Penrice and Dhanda makes me feel optimistic about the future. Not the sort of players that are going to take you to the next level.Β 

If they're pre-contract most likely overpaying them too.

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye I'm sure Dave and Gunner have someone far better lined up, assuming they have anyone lined up at all.

Just because we are a basket case doesn't hide the fact Spittal is bang average. A signing you'd expect from the likes of St Mirren or Dundee.Β 

2 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Just because we are a basket case doesn't hide the fact Spittal is bang average. A signing you'd expect from the likes of St Mirren or Dundee.Β 

I find it hard to dimiss Hearts transfer strategy given the state of ours.

I wish were in a position to laugh at them, but we're not. And I have little faith that will change this summer.

I look forward to hearing Dave tell us we just missed out on the best winger ever, so decided not to bother signing one, as we we dont want to waste money and we're prepared to wait 10 years until we find a player of suitable quality for our team.

Just for the record, I am not using this as an opportunity to detract from our own shambles. The point I am making is if Hearts are signing players like Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal it's not exactly going to see them pull away. They probably said the exact same when we signed Devlin and they were 100% right to.Β 

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Just for the record, I am not using this as an opportunity to detract from our own shambles. The point I am making is if Hearts are signing players like Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal it's not exactly going to see them pull away. They probably said the exact same when we signed Devlin and they were 100% right to.Β 

You can be soar away 3rd or just 3rd. Β You’re still 3rd.

The latter is much much cheaper especially if you have written off 1st or 2nd before you even start.

We're comfortably third and miles ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs, our rivals.

It's only March.

Dhanda is an upgrade on Grant.

Spittal is an upgrade on Oda.

Penrice is a decent replacement for Cochrane who we may sell in his last year. Penrice an upgrade in an attacking sense at least.

All have been acquired for no outlay.

Our hotel is now operational and will be bringing in a seven figure additional revenue stream each year. We have just agreed the largest sponsorship deal in our history. Also Umbro and a new kit deal next year. European football and the millions it brings. I expect millions, sadly, from tne sale of at least Cochrane and Shankland. The years of having to fund Tynecastle stadium projects are lessening, allowing focus on the playing side.

And so I think we'll have a major squad budget over the summer. I'm hoping that brings the likes of Danny Armstrong, Lyall Cameron, etc into consideration. And where Aberdeen or Hibs join any efforts to sign, we have the finances to compete, plus, offer European football.

This also shows that squad rebuilding efforts are well underway and this won't be helped at Aberdeen with no manager.

So not sure any of you can say us signing Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal isn't at least competent.

Yes our biggest challenge will be potentially replacing Shankland. We won't replace his goals with any one player but may replace with overall quality of our frontline where I think we need better width, pace and aggression through the middle, so a mix of players will be brought in I'm sure as Vargas, Tagawa, Forrest, Oda and Boyce will have been seen as needing reviewed.

We are underway with our rebuild and think three decent early recruits.

• Dildo 2

Good post. Β Hard to argue. Β I mean, we will, obviously.

You have to appreciate it just sounds a bit McInnes 17 to us (minus the hotel or the guaranteed group stages).

If you can keep that outlook fresh and build on it great. Β If you look upwards and Naismith says right let’s have a go then great. Β That’s assuming that a/ Naismith has that ambition and b/ if he does that you can keep him. Β (Fwiw Personally I think he’ll fall at a/).

But the second you start surfing and looking down, telling the rest of us to just try harder and, much more damagingly, telling yourselves internally to be careful what you wish for and, well, let’s just say it’s a well worn path!

Europe - the money, the attraction and the β€œdraw” are pivotal. Β Make the most of them and hopefully drag us all out of this race to the bottom coma we’re all in.

i mean obvs I hope you get beat y’cunt, but there’s the rub!

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It's only March.

Penrice is a decent replacement for Cochrane who we may sell in his last year. Penrice an upgrade in an attacking sense at least.

Our hotel is now operational and will be bringing in a seven figure additional revenue stream each year. We have just agreed the largest sponsorship deal in our history. Also Umbro and a new kit deal next year. European football and the millions it brings. I expect millions, sadly, from tne sale of at least Cochrane and Shankland. The years of having to fund Tynecastle stadium projects are lessening, allowing focus on the playing side.

And so I think we'll have a major squad budget over the summer. I'm hoping that brings the likes of Danny Armstrong, Lyall Cameron, etc into consideration. And where Aberdeen or Hibs join any efforts to sign, we have the finances to compete, plus, offer European football.

This also shows that squad rebuilding efforts are well underway and this won't be helped at Aberdeen with no manager.

So not sure any of you can say us signing Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal isn't at least competent.

Yes our biggest challenge will be potentially replacing Shankland. We won't replace his goals with any one player but may replace with overall quality of our frontline where I think we need better width, pace and aggression through the middle, so a mix of players will be brought in I'm sure as Vargas, Tagawa, Forrest, Oda and Boyce will have been seen as needing reviewed.

Oda was the best thing since sliced bread when you signed him ye fucking gluepot. Now some scrawny dweeb from Motherwell who’s had one half decent season in his career is β€œan upgrade” 🀦🏻

Travel lodge FC πŸ˜‚

Hearts are a one man team, as soon as blimp heed fucks off or reverts to type you’ll be back bottom 6 where you belong. Enjoy your second season in 12 above us.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It's only March.

You are forgetting we are two games away from taking that away from you. Would be such a shameΒ 

1 minute ago, Proud Dandy said:

You are forgetting we are two games away from taking that away from you. Would be such a shameΒ 

Beating them in the final to do it would be a hilarious way for it to happen as well.. Shanklin own goal for the icing on the cake.

"Heartsing it" the new Hibsing. Make it happen, football gods.

3 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

It's a fair point tbf. But unlikely this Aberdeen team is gonna do anything in Glasgow. And i think if we win our semi you're only one game away from ruining Europe for us. I think.

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It's a fair point tbf. But unlikely this Aberdeen team is gonna do anything in Glasgow. And i think if we win our semi you're only one game away from ruining Europe for us. I think.

That is true. But you never know, it would make it so much sweeter seeing the media seethe and mourn for Hearts at the same time πŸ™Β 

Not going to lose any sleep over those signings but we need to get out house in order otherwise it will be same story again next season.

Hearts have done well this season, but there's been no challenge at all.Β 

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It's only March.

It’s a B&B!