Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As much as Airdrie (I’m talking about their fans) are huns without a bus fare), they do try & play good football.

I suspect if they don’t get promoted, their manager will get head hunted. 
They’ve come up from League One, made the play offs in the Championship, & win the Challenge Cup or whatever it’s called, whilst playing good football 

The likes of St Johnstone should take a chance on him when they’re looking for a new manager in the summer. 

I think he will likely be in contention for other jobs as well but not sure if he's a fit for St Johnstone unless they plan on a complete reset with a new playing style. But I suppose there are worse times to change their thinking with the change in ownership.

I suspect he'd be on the shortlist at St Mirren if Stephen Robinson was to move on where he'd probably have a decent chance of doing well. 

Anyway, no doubt he's done well at Airdrie. Very young for a manager which might be a challenge at a bigger club.

7 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Supposedly Hearts have offered Shankland 14k a week to stay.

Even if he leaves, good ambition by Hearts to retain Scotland's player of the year.

Only 14K! Surely if sell a few bedrooms in the B&B could get that to 14.5k

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

One, I feel, we were very premature in letting go. 

Based on what? He's playing regularly in a mid table championship team. He looked class against league 2 peterhead in the league cup games. That's about it.

• Upvote 1

He's taken that story about offering the foreheid £14k/wk off of Jambo's Kickback. Some bloke Mark Donaldson being the original source (love shower gels). Who apparently "trusts his source"

Still won't prevent him fucking off to sevco

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Even if he leaves, good ambition by Hearts to retain Scotland's player of the year.

Heard they’ve also offered him a free two night stay in the Hearts B&B to sweeten up the deal

41 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Based on observation, reason, and logic. 

Never thought he did much wrong at all when he started for us.

Interesting take -  considering the best offer he got when he left us was a from a team just promoted from Scottish league one. 

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Interesting take -  considering the best offer he got when he left us was a from a team just promoted from Scottish league one. 

Doesn't kean to say he's shite min.

It's better signing for a league team on the up than fading into obscurity which a number of our younger lads have done when released from AFC in recent times (and before). 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I do hope so. You have been itching to progress to win something again, which you will, it'll be the championship again after you go bust

On 5/7/2024 at 6:30 AM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

It actually reminds me of the (surprise) Morelos one against us where the defender tried to not foul him, tripped him accidentally and got sent off, where if he had deliberately fouled him he’d apparently just have got booked.  Forget who that was now, same area of the park too.

Ryan Hedges was it not?

• Upvote 1

Some weird takes and a lot of revisionism about Shankland here. He’s nothing like the player that left us and he’s pretty much had to start his career again when he left. Much respect to him for doing that and I would take him in a heartbeat.

However, he needs decent service and a team that will play to his strengths. I can see why Clarke doesn’t play him as much for Scotland as Scotland play a way that doesn’t really make the most of him. 

Also strange how some players get praise for doing well after leaving us but others don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
29 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They’re a good footballing team…. 

BUT…

Their fans are filthy huns 

And it would be an artificial pitch coming in to the league.

So, come on Thistle 

They are playing some lovely stuff but as of yet no end product.  They haven't tested the keeper  yet.

Not even convinced Thistle will get past Raith.

But although St J are pretty crap, Levein can organise teams defensively (Scotland excepted). I cant see either of Raith or Thistle beating them over 2 legs