Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Well done to Dundee City's wee team on their promotion. Would much rather have this fixture than Livingston

Β 

Looking forward to their next relegation already.Β 
Β 

37 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Wonder if Hibs will be looking for a new manager in next few weeksΒ 

Supposedly his family hate living in Scotland and desperately want to return back to Australia.

I think there will be a mutual agreement reached fairly quickly after the season ends

51 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Wonder if Hibs will be looking for a new manager in next few weeksΒ 

Was sold to them as an experiment. Like Thelin and us, I just wonder what limits does the experiment have.

Top 6 first season at very least?

1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

Was sold to them as an experiment. Like Thelin and us, I just wonder what limits does the experiment have.

Top 6 first season at very least?

You have to say clubs like ourselves, Hearts, Hibs a top 6 place is the bare minimum plus a good cup run in one or both of the cups.Β  All 3 have bar far bigger budgets than the rest which makes our and their league position all the more shit.Β Β 

6 minutes ago, englishred said:

You have to say clubs like ourselves, Hearts, Hibs a top 6 place is the bare minimum plus a good cup run in one or both of the cups.Β  All 3 have bar far bigger budgets than the rest which makes our and their league position all the more shit.Β Β 

Can't disagree with that.

14 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

In his defence he's only had the January window and brought in players instantly to improve their squad albeit on loan. Lee Johnson had the summer recruitment and the poor start didn't help with their top 6 hopes.Β 

Which is why there's an argument to stick with the experiment and see it out but at our level in Scottish football, there's always a limit. Be interesting to see what they do.

30 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Which is why there's an argument to stick with the experiment and see it out but at our level in Scottish football, there's always a limit. Be interesting to see what they do.

Absolutely spot on.Β  Unless there is significant investment then getting to the level where Hearts are this season (which is good by SPFL levels) or slightly above is the limit as clubs from England and abroad will sign players that do well.Β  Teams always say they want to close the gap on the big 2 but to do that you need decent investment plus decent coaching to really get the most out of your squad as Clarker did at KillieΒ 

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That statement they released a few weeks ago wasn’t exactly supportive.

I think he’ll get punted.

That new investor from Bournemouth might have a big say in it.

Β 

They’re not popular with the fans of the French mob they own. Seem to be an after thought to the β€˜main’ team, Bournemouth…though I suppose that’s the same with most multiple ownership models.

13 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Supposedly his family hate living in Scotland and desperately want to return back to Australia.

I think there will be a mutual agreement reached fairly quickly after the season ends

Haha comments like this always pique my interest

Go on, how do you know that?

54 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha comments like this always pique my interest

Go on, how do you know that?

Neighbour is a (fairly sizeable) Hibs shareholder. Says his family didn't even arrive permanently till well after NY and they don't like it at all.

Also says they will go for O' Neill as the replacement. Reckons they can afford the compo due to NI and then his salary easily now with this new American boy that's bought into them.