Aberdeen Vs Motherwell (1 - 1)

Terrible Terrble Terrble result. We were really mince today. I'm not sure what has happened or how we get ourselves out of this rut. We certainly have the players so just hoping things eventually resume as normal and fast. Everything seems to be going against us - players confidence has all but diminished since the cup exit. Teams around us getting results and catching up on us. Haven't felt this down about Aberdeen since Craig Brown.

At least we got a point this week.

Brilliant hat-trick of saves from Ward. What a find he has been. Overall a mediocre performance. We had a poor first half and scored against the run of play. We took heart and played well for half an hour but failed to capitalise on our dominance. I thought Taylor going off unsettled us.

Motherwell edged it today on the balance of play. We were lucky not to lose the game.

I've always been ambivalent about Pawlett, but todays performance, capped by that miss after Jack had set him up on a silver plate full of opportunity, does it for me.

And Goodwillie simply falling on his arse in a panic when the Motherwell defender came to challenge... oh for fuck's sake... no attempt at tricky tricky or just first-timing a shot, just bump doon on his arse.

Fuck?

We always seem to slow the play down after being in an advantageous position, we have players with pace yet let teams get set up and organised instead of playing quicker.

I've noticed a lot of the time we back off players a lot instead of pressuring and making challenges. Pretty weak football.

Another thing, why take every player back at corners? We are good on the counter should leave at least one person up the field