Thread O Mass Shootings

Ke1t

No I actually I said it isnt a simple matter of blaming the GOP, because there are pro-gun democrats too.

Correct. You explicitly named the Democrats as a significant part of the problem. (Had you been of the mind they are an insignificant part of the problem you wouldn't have raised them as a part of the problem)

The reality is that of the two major parties the GOP is 95% of the problem, taking the vast majority of the gun lobby's money and being the party that is unwilling to even entertain the idea of restrictive gun legislation.

To be absolutely clear, there is no parity in blame between Republicans and Democrats. The blame overwhelmingly lies with the Republican Party.

why would you vote for any of them if you don't trust any of them?

Because it's a right we have, to vote in elections free from intimidation or coercion.

There are millions across the world who would love that right.

Millions more have died so I can have it.

To not vote is to piss on that.

But back to my original point. They're in it for themselves.

Support for nationwide assault weapons ban in Quinnipiac polling -->

Mar 2013: 54%

Dec 2015: 58%

Jun 2016: 59%

Oct 2017: 64%

Feb 2018: 67%

So, on average the NRA has spent around $10m/year since 1998, on political campaigns and lobbying.

But yet, if 67% of Americans each gave 5 cents per year to gun control political campaigns and lobbyists, then there would be the same money available. 5 cents per year. There must be more to it than money and lobbying

So, on average the NRA has spent around $10m/year since 1998, on political campaigns and lobbying.

But yet, if 67% of Americans each gave 5 cents per year to gun control political campaigns and lobbyists, then there would be the same money available. 5 cents per year. There must be more to it than money and lobbying

Where are you getting that figure from?

Trump: "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end the attack very quickly, and the good thing about a suggestion like that -- and we're going to be looking at it very strongly...but the good thing is you'll have a lot of [armed] people with that."

In the name of fuck the Cheeto In Chief (hell just call him The Cheesy Wotsit ffs) is a complete fucking moron. Unless his changes to the education bill dictates that everyone from the age of 5 onwards is indoctrinated into a military mindset of MOAR DAKKA BEETS EVRYFING and all the teachers are Chuck Morris or John Rambo.

Trump: "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end the attack very quickly, and the good thing about a suggestion like that -- and we're going to be looking at it very strongly...but the good thing is you'll have a lot of [armed] people with that."

I jokingly said to my colleague the other day that "if the teachers had guns, none of this would've happened". Never actually thought they'd be that thick to try and implement it.

The man doesn't go far enough.

Arm the bairns too. There'd be no bullying.

Arm the lunchlady. They'd eat whatever she served.

Arm the janny. No more graffiti.

I jokingly said to my colleague the other day that "if the teachers had guns, none of this would've happened". Never actually thought they'd be that thick to try and implement it.

Its scary how fucking stupid Americans are when it comes to this issue. Kinder eggs have been banned in the USA for nearly 50 years because they were deemed dangerous yet when it comes to guns they do nothing, any nutter can go an by an arsenal of machine guns no problem and they cant see any problems with it.

Having armed teachers won't make any difference. Most of these nutters shoot themselves after the event anyway. Also its one thing having a gun. It's another thing actually running into a dangerous situation and using it. The teachers should be getting the kids to safety. Not going all Rambo in the school.

Arm the kids of course

Impeccable logic as usual Brian. I mean could you imagine an armed philosophy teacher being responsible for protecting the kids, by the time he has weighed up the pros and cons of taking out the shooter everyone in the school would be dead. The kids, on the other hand, would know exactly what to do and it would only take them two minutes to eliminate the evildoer, once they had wasted their teachers first that is.

That's been the gun lobby position since Sandy Hook.

Armed teachers and guards in schools, it's not new 'thinking' it's just there's now a president who's such a cunt he's considering it...

That's been the gun lobby position since Sandy Hook.

Armed teachers and guards in schools, it's not new 'thinking' it's just there's now a president who's such a cunt he's considering it...

Aye, so much for his listening exercise yesterday. When one young guy expressed his horror at how easy it was for an eighteen year old to buy a battlefield weapon from a gun store he was met with a deafening silence from the Donald. The Second Amendment, which was drafted in a time of war and only meant to apply to armed militias, has been interpreted by the American Supreme Court in such a way that every other bam in the street is legally entitled to hold a firearm. What is the point of fighting wars abroad against terrorism when 30,000 Americans are killed by their fellow citizens at home every year? Fucking crazy.

• Upvote 1

Aye, so much for his listening exercise yesterday. When one young guy expressed his horror at how easy it was for an eighteen year old to buy a battlefield weapon from a gun store he was met with a deafening silence from the Donald. The Second Amendment, which was drafted in a time of war and only meant to apply to armed militias, has been interpreted by the American Supreme Court in such a way that every other bam in the street is legally entitled to hold a firearm. What is the point of fighting wars abroad against terrorism when 30,000 Americans are killed by their fellow citizens at home every year? Fucking crazy.

His note from yesterday that the pool photographers caught in his hand was hilarious...

He's gone full retard on twitter again this morning

Seriously unhinged individual

If I was to do arm myself for home D I’d do it like Arnie in Commando, all fwd rolls and pump actions.

What about you Kelt?

You must’ve researched this subject matter intensely

I've done a good bit of research on the subject.

I came to the conclusion that the best thing you can do in terms of home defence is live in a white neighbourhood.

@police

I recommend a good security system, one with all cameras and shit. I have one of those myself because I won't have a fucking dug in the hoose. A dug will bark if a mouse farts in the house, so some black fella... and round here it will likely be a black fells... ( @police)... climbing in the window while fucked up on goofballs and crystal meth will alert anything with ears. A Rotty or a minky Pit Bull would be ideal if you like having wild animals in your hoose.

As for guns, shotgun is a good entry level means of murdering other human beings. Accuracy isn't important, since it does all the hard work for you.

Once you get a bit more familiar with weapons of death, a nice 9mm is probably what you're going to want for executing intruders.

Less recoil than a .45 or a .38, but enough penetrating power that it will easily tear through the thicker skin of a black fella @police and make hamburger meat of their internal organs, rendering them helpless and allowing you to tear off their jeans and anally rape them for having the sheer fucking cheek to break into your house... if raping black fellas @police is the bag you're into.

Not me. I'm not raping anyone @police.

• Upvote 2