Thread O Mass Shootings

Ke1t

No they don't, opinion polls are overwhelmingly in favour of tougher gun controls. The reason it won't change is because the NRA is a massive donor to the GOP, so republicans would lose a chunk of their funding if they pissed them off.

Opinion polls lol. Who votes these NRA fuckwits in? If senators weren't afraid of pissing off the NRA and losing their seat they would all vote in favour of gun controls.

Someone should get these stupid American fucks to agree to a trial. Arm all teachers with guns for a year and if the number of mass shootings in schools decreases then they carry on. If however the number of mass shootings stays the same or increases by the end of the year, ban all guns.

If they really are fucking dense enough to believe that arming teachers is the answer then this should be right up their street.

Trump passed one piece of gun legislation in the last year.

That was to remove restrictions on the mentally ill buying guns, because Obama put those restrictions in place.

So no matter how fucking mental you are you can buy a gun following a cursory background check. And even if that background check were to say, "This fucker's a mentalist"... which it doesn't, because that's no longer a reported criteria... then they'd still be handing over that assault rifle, complete with bump stock (which turns the assault rifle into essentially a fully automatic weapon) within 15-20 minutes, along with all the AP 5.56 that said mentalist could carry.

Trump passed one piece of gun legislation in the last year.

That was to remove restrictions on the mentally ill buying guns, because Obama put those restrictions in place.

So no matter how fucking mental you are you can buy a gun following a cursory background check. And even if that background check were to say, "This fucker's a mentalist"... which it doesn't, because that's no longer a reported criteria... then they'd still be handing over that assault rifle, complete with bump stock (which turns the assault rifle into essentially a fully automatic weapon) within 15-20 minutes, along with all the AP 5.56 that said mentalist could carry.

So I assume you dont own a firearm...?

All animals are equal, but some more so than others

If it's that easy to get a gun it's amazing that the murder rate is so low. It'd be a holocaust in Scotland if guns were so widely available

I'd be scared to go to a fitba match if every cunt was packing a .45. The Old Firm riot at the 1980 Cup Final would have looked a lot different, that's for sure.

I'm trying to think of the people I know who own guns...

One guy owns about 40 or 50 guns, and he has serious temper issues.

One guy is physically incapable of holding a gun steady, thanks to a stroke he had year ago.

One is a chick who is seriously highly strung, and has on at least one occasion pulled her gun out a guy who was just running down some stairs.

Oh, I also had one person pull their gun out and point it at my face from a couple of feet away to show me she had a gun... that was quite a good laugh. :omg:

I'd say of the people I know who own guns, exactly zero of them should be allowed to own a gun.

If it's that easy to get a gun it's amazing that the murder rate is so low. It'd be a holocaust in Scotland if guns were so widely available

There’s plenty of responsible gun owners, but the small percentage of psychos can end up killing a lot of people. One bad day for someone, oh I’ll go and shoot lots of people. Whereas in Scotland you’d probably go to the pub and post a pic of your beer and it’s abv

The three main folk I know who own multiple guns; one is an alcoholic who sometimes gets pretty angry due to a painful foot injury, the other used to be a major drug addict and then found god, the third is my wife’s uncle a big old school contractor who says he’s Irish.

Wonder who would do the most damage

Nothing will ever change because most Americans think mass shootings is a price worth paying for gun ownership. I saw it on the news thos morning, watched for about 5 seconds then changed the channel because, and it pains me to say it, i really didn't give a shit. Its such a common occurance over there now. Give it a 2 or 3 months and there will be another one.

That is reported worldwide. This shit is happening all the time.

As soon as i hear/read the words "Gun massacre in US," I switch off. It's fucking boring and until they decide to genuinely do something about reforming their gun laws, I really don't give a fuck how many of them die by the bullet of some cunt with 'mental problems'.

FFS, they voted a cunt in with mental problems.

You reap what you sow etc.