Which Celebrity Will Die Next ?

Reed or deed

Guest milne_afc

Thought Dodd died years ago so was surprised this morning.

Aye, me too. Sure, like with Brucey, there will be a period of due diligence before rushing out a telly tribute for K-Dodz

Ooh I daresay some people might get a shock and learn they had been evicted at some point!

That sounds ominous and I must say that I do not concur.

With you're knowledge of scripture you'll beat me hands down but in my view God's love is open to all at any time.

True, some people though their lifestyles and actions are, as you've said no longer 'at home' with the ways of the Lord but should they genuinely repent then they would be welcomed back in forthwith.

God has not evicted them - they have walked out on God.

God will take them back should they amend their ways and seek restoration through honest repentance.

Do you agree?

• Upvote 1

That sounds ominous and I must say that I do not concur.

With you're knowledge of scripture you'll beat me hands down but in my view God's love is open to all at any time.

True, some people though their lifestyles and actions are, as you've said no longer 'at home' with the ways of the Lord but should they genuinely repent then they would be welcomed back in forthwith.

God has not evicted them - they have walked out on God.

God will take them back should they amend their ways and seek restoration through honest repentance.

Do you agree?

I was being facetious in response to Hans, not serious!

Of course I agree with your points above, you are absolutely right. It is people who reject God, never vice versa, and "the door is always open".

You make the point very well that repentance and amendment are required.

There is a lot of wishy-washy modern so-called Christianity about, which suggests God glibly accepts everything and anything "in the name of love". But this is not so.

How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life: and few there are that find it!

- Matthew 7:14

• Upvote 1

RIP Stephen Hawking.

A decent speculative science-fiction writer, whose sad illness gave him prominence above his peers.

He didn't believe in God, but he did believe in Hawking Radiation despite the arguments for this being much weaker. Suppose he will know the truth of it by now!

The Pontifical Academy of Sciences will be all the poorer for his passing.