Which Celebrity Will Die Next ?

Reed or deed

Called this one a couple years back... how the fuck he held on for two years in his state is beyond my ken. 

Absolute legend of a man, though.

Will be watching Deliverence this weekend in his honour, and that one with Dom Deluise and the cars and that. 

Total baller in his prime, was Burt. Inside more veejay than a retired gynecologist. 

your prediction that a man in his 80s would die at some point is positively frighteningly nostradamus-esque 

• Upvote 4

Well, you know Noah was like 500 or 600 years old... so 69 is pretty young by comparison.

I thought it was 950?

While the diminished life expectancy between antediluvians like Noah and us today is actually in perfect harmony with christian / jewish understanding of the fall of man, I would expect such apparently long lives also owe something to different understanding of how long a year is, not to mention the various different systems of calendar humanity has gone through since then. The ancient greeks lived by multiple calendars of different length simultaneously, for various purposes.

Traditionally, cultures had a great respect for elders, and so these large ages could also be a ways of the jews 'ranking' their historical figures in terms of righteousness / standing.

In any case, the age of these people - whatever is was - is hardly the central point of the stories of their lives.

The mind of the atheist is a curious thing. You will swallow e.g. evolution whole, despite the manifold problems with that ideology, yet strain over the accuracy of the age of a man who lived milleniums ago :laughing:

Too much Morelos kebabs

Its just not possible to have too many Morellos!

I cheated on them recently though - I had a BBQ Kings instead - I came out of Coopers and couldnt last the walk to Morellos, so BBQ Kings it was.

I tried a Chicken Shawarma Kebab - absolutely fantastic (I should add I had probably something like 8+ pints by this stage).