Inverness V Aberdeen (3 - 1)

So you expect him to come on and carry the team?

There are very few players that can come on and completely change a game/carry a team thats playing shite.

Their midfield bossed it because of the way we were set up.

They had more room because we were looking to get back into the game, not Smith's fault, that is down to the 3-1 scoreline.

His passing and positioning were both good, thats all you can ask for from an attacking midfielder, he passed the ball forward, supported our attempts to attack and moved their defence about and made them think. His first or second pass was a 30 yard, cross field and on a dime to one of our players, more than McGinn managed the whole game.

As I said, I dont think you actually get certain players have certain jobs to do. We dont have world beaters, we have a machine with parts, each with a job to perform.

What on earth are you talking about?

He was brought on to make an impact on the game and didn't do it... that's it...

McLean is alright but in the post I was replying to Jack was described as that. I don't see how Jack is any more weak or more of a wet blanket than McLean.

I'd play McLean further forward.

If the two were fighting, who would your money be on? MacLean every time for me.

He's been excellent in that role thus far. Bossed the game v County, Celtic & St J.

You could change "truly dreadful" to not good enough for Aberdeen for Tansey. Your other 2 examples are correct, What's your point antway? Big difference between that 3 and every footballer either being great or total pish.

My point is you're fairly hyperbolic. No-one seems to be 'OK' or 'not bad'.

I would also suggest you were over the top regarding Mackie and Langfield. They weren't good enough for Aberdeen, or any top six team, but they had a level of ability.

My point is you're fairly hyperbolic. No-one seems to be 'OK' or 'not bad'.

I would also suggest you were over the top regarding Mackie and Langfield. They weren't good enough for Aberdeen, or any top six team, but they had a level of ability.

Aye that'll be why upon leaving the Dons Mackie ended up at an American amateur team and was bombed out shortly afterwards before ending up at the mighty Turriff where he struggles to get a start. And I'm not going over old ground with a Climbing Frame Face, his performances since he left for St Mirren speak for themselves. So really I'm not hyperbolic at all.

Aye that'll be why upon leaving the Dons Mackie ended up at an American amateur team and was bombed out shortly afterwards before ending up at the mighty Turriff where he struggles to get a start. And I'm not going over old ground with a Climbing Frame Face, his performances since he left for St Mirren speak for themselves. So really I'm not hyperbolic at all.

They were a professional team?

I'm saying they weren't the worst in their positions in the history of Scottish football.

I disagree, a keeper who can't catch, kick, save or command a ball, doesn't have a level of ability. And an athlete who runs fast and tries hard for me didn't have any level of ability whatsoever either.

Of course it hurts to lose at such a crucial point in the season and every point lost will be tough to make up no matter how well we play. We knew this fixture was going to be a difficult one and had the potential to be a banana skin. Despite a bright start we faded and things went against us. Can moan all day about poor decisions and individual errors but it was unrealistic to think we’d pick up maximum points in every remaining game. The good thing is we can at least make amends fairly quickly and ask the question of Celtic by beating Partick, going level on points and seeing how they fare. A six point gap (assuming they win) is not insurmountable. Another loss will probably put the title out of reach so we need to show character and put this one behind us. Next few fixtures are definitely winnable so heed doon and crack on! Too early to be throwing the towel in yet, Celtic still need to win their games too.

Pish result, no point in blaming ref, its on our own heads.

I think what this shows is that McIness has the team playing out their skin usually and we have come to regard that as normal and then we get upset when we occasionally revert to being mere mortals and lose to a decent inverness side.

Sounds like our CBs were at fault for their equaliser and the penality at least, but I stress I wasnt at the game.

Onwards and upwards!

Pish result, no point in blaming ref, its on our own heads.

I think what this shows is that McIness has the team playing out their skin usually and we have come to regard that as normal and then we get upset when we occasionally revert to being mere mortals and lose to a decent inverness side.

Sounds like our CBs were at fault for their equaliser and the penality at least, but I stress I wasnt at the game.

Onwards and upwards!

Thing is that, yeah we didn't play well and we did make mistakes, but sometimes good teams can eek out a result by doing the right things at the right time.

Collum made that impossible. His performances are beyond a joke.

P.S. The notion that Caley put in a great performance and deserved to win a bit of a misrepresentation. Apart from the 2 legitimate goals, (in the words of Craig Brown), Scott Brown didn't have a save to make.

I seriously disagree.

You must have missed the league cup match away to Killie then.

Bossu, Walker and Howard were all a lot worse than Langfield.

He's the most successful GK we've had in over 20 years and like or loathe him, was excellent throughout that cup run and took us through two penalty shootouts on the way.

You must have missed the league cup match away to Killie then.

Bossu, Walker and Howard were all a lot worse than Langfield.

He's the most successful GK we've had in over 20 years and like or loathe him, was excellent throughout that cup run and took us through two penalty shootouts on the way.

:laughing:

I know you're fishing so I'm stopping replying to this nonsense.

@@ebbe won't bite either.