Shay Logan

3 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I wonder how much the club "protected" him. He's always been a bit of a beaut but its really came to a head since he left.

Was thinking the same the other day. He had been on the downward spiral for good few years but was still getting played then all of a sudden McInnes drops him when it should have been ages ago. I don't buy the whole appearances story, think that's just a cover tbh. 

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

Was thinking the same the other day. He had been on the downward spiral for good few years but was still getting played then all of a sudden McInnes drops him when it should have been ages ago. I don't buy the whole appearances story, think that's just a cover tbh. 

Aye, you've got to wonder if the club were quite happy to fuel a rumour or certainly not dispell the rumour that an appearances clause was restricting his game time.

Whilst his off the field activities shouldn't prohibit his playing time, if he wasn't totally focused in training with distractions playing a part, then McInnes rightly froze him out, as, as shite as we were last year we couldn't afford passengers. Had enough as it was!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

He has lost the plot if he was over 3 times the limit and pleaded not guilty.

Think it may be because he can keep driving at moment with his business etc, as not guilty allowed it to be heard again in March 2022 next! Cheating the system knowing he gets away to keep on carrying on knowing a ban is coming up but months away compared to pleading guilty now and instant ban straight away maybe 

10 hours ago, Eastcoastdon said:

Think it may be because he can keep driving at moment with his business etc, as not guilty allowed it to be heard again in March 2022 next! Cheating the system knowing he gets away to keep on carrying on knowing a ban is coming up but months away compared to pleading guilty now and instant ban straight away maybe 

But pleading not guilty will result in no discount on the sentence once he's inevitably found guilty. So a probable 1 year ban turns into a 16-18 month ban plus a bigger fine. I suppose the only upside is, as mentioned, he can carry on driving for another 8 months and gives him a bit of breathing space to find an alternative solution to how he can run his business whilst unable to drive himself.