Miles Storey

There's a first. Honeymoon on AFC Chat.

Congratulations loon.

Hahahaha cheers min. Nae money for a honeymoon, unfortunately!

Exactly. If we took the same tact with Joe Lewis, he'd have been gone by now after that Maribor howler! (which, tbf to him, wasn't his fault anyways)

This.

Such as?

Kanu managed to put the ball over the bar from just under the crossbar. Use google and find them yourself.

EDIT: Also find it strange he calls Derek the Aberdeen manager, rather than by name.

Doesn't seem strange to me, most of the players call him the manager or the gaffer during interviews, why would an ex-player not? Hardly respectful to call him Derek is it?

Nothing at all to take offense at in that interview, didn't bad mouth anyone at the club and even admitted his failure was partly down to himself. Hardly a Zander Diamond type interview. Good luck to the guy.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, you gave one and told me to google the rest. A compelling case.

So what do we take from your example, that it's okay to for Storey to be that gash he misses from a yard because Kanu missed an open goal once?

No, the point is one miss doesn't make someone shite.

May missed from yards out on Saturday. Is he utter shite as well?

No, I'm saying one miss doesn't define whether a player is shite or not.

I didn't think it was a complicated point.

Yes, I understand that and I don't think I said anything to the contrary. Are you saying that somehow means Storey isn't shite and we shouldn't have punted him?

It's not a complicated point, you just seem to be making a mess of it.

• Downvote 1

Well...

I didn't say he was shite purely because of that miss, did I? I was highlighting the level of ineptitude he was capable of. Would you prefer me to point out his inability to control a ball or pass without somehow scuffing it off his shin instead?

You are really struggling here. So do you think he is shite or not and should we have kept him?

I didn't say he was shite purely because of that miss, did I?

Well, you never gave any other reason so it certainly appeared as if that was your whole argument. That's what I and others were disagreeing with.

I was highlighting the level of ineptitude he was capable of. Would you prefer me to point out his inability to control a ball or pass without somehow scuffing it off his shin instead?

That would be a better argument, you should've gone with that the first time.

You are really struggling here. So do you think he is shite or not and should we have kept him?

What am I struggling with? He's not shite but we have better options now so better for him to leave.

• Upvote 1

Well, you never gave any other reason so it certainly appeared as if that was your whole argument. That's what I and others were disagreeing with.

That would be a better argument, you should've gone with that the first time.

What am I struggling with? He's not shite but we have better options now so better for him to leave.

Struggling with the fact I didn't say he was shite purely down to that one incident. You seem to have got it now, thankfully.

He is shite, he won't prove otherwise at Thistle.

• Downvote 1

Yes, I understand that and I don't think I said anything to the contrary. Are you saying that somehow means Storey isn't shite and we shouldn't have punted him?

It's not a complicated point, you just seem to be making a mess of it.

I dont think Storey is shite, and I think we should have kept him.

Doesn't seem strange to me, most of the players call him the manager or the gaffer during interviews, why would an ex-player not? Hardly respectful to call him Derek is it?

Nothing at all to take offense at in that interview, didn't bad mouth anyone at the club and even admitted his failure was partly down to himself. Hardly a Zander Diamond type interview. Good luck to the guy.

The only issue with the article is the choice of back to front baseball cap and Partick Shirt combo in the photo

What was the dumb statement? that he is shite or he missed an open goal from a yard out? Both are facts, not "dumb statements".

Its been spelled out to you already mate, but you can't help yourself and go make another dumbass statement.

Him being shite is not a fact. It's an opinion. That you need this explained says a lot about you. Amazingly, you seem intent on assuming people are disagreeing with your opinion on that, even when they aren't.

To help you, I'll give you an example of a fact and an opinion:

Fact - water is wet.

Opinion - you're thick as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Its been spelled out to you already mate, but you can't help yourself and go make another dumbass statement.

Him being shite is not a fact. It's an opinion. That you need this explained says a lot about you. Amazingly, you seem intent on assuming people are disagreeing with your opinion on that, even when they aren't.

To help you, I'll give you an example of a fact and an opinion:

Fact - water is wet.

Opinion - you're thick as fuck.

Oh dear :laughing:

Fact - McInnes rates Stockley more than Storey. Storey is shite.