Miles Storey

Will Storey get a start tonight?

If he's not offski I feel he definitely still has a part to play.

For whatever reason he wasn't getting picked last season but there's definitely a player in there. Did well at Inverness.

I'd rather Stockley was moved on but fear he's one McInnes want to keep.

I liked the look of Storey when at ICT and really thought he'd bring something different for us.

But, has to be said he did get quite a few chances last season and didn't do much with them at all.

Edit: mind you nearly all were off the bench - played in 18 games but only 2 starts I think. Still worth being given a chance I think.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Storey.

He's only showed slight glimpses of what he can do and is clearly talented, but he's had long enough to get his finger out and hasn't!

The manager sees him in training every day and we are well resourced up front now.

Move him on and all the best of luck to him.

Would get rid of Storey, he is just a shit version of what we have in abundance.

Stockley is a big target man who can get in the mixer when chasing a game.

I would argue that May also offers that physicality though, and Storey provides more cover out wide as well as being an option up top which would be more beneficial than keeping Stockley who can play one position only (and not very well at that).

• Upvote 1

Both Storey and Stockley were signed to score the goals and although they haven't scored as many as Rooney or Christie or Ronaldo at the end of the day both are Reds and doing best for the Reds it can't happen for everyone but who knows maybe but like I said you just can't pick and choose and going forward if our strikers get goals then it will be a good sign i think

I would argue that May also offers that physicality though, and Storey provides more cover out wide as well as being an option up top which would be more beneficial than keeping Stockley who can play one position only (and not very well at that).

Cover out wide? Really?

Storey is shite, just a poor Josh Magennis. He's had plenty time to stake a claim here and hasn't done it. Get rid.

• Downvote 1

Exactly my thinking on this tbh.

I'm sad to see Storey go, still feel there was a player there and for me we lack mobility up front (maybe even still will after May comes in).

I never quite understood why Storey wasn't the preferred option against Celtic or in European games where we can counter attack teams.

Stockley looks a bit one dimensional and not brilliant even at that. Someone needs to give the lad a pile of DVDs of Chris Sutton.

Cover out wide? Really?

Storey is shite, just a poor Josh Magennis. He's had plenty time to stake a claim here and hasn't done it. Get rid.

Obviously not a first choice out wide, but all it takes is an injury to Wright plus Christie cant play against Celtic and our 3 behind the striker has limited options. He looks this season as if hes coming onto a game, certainly showing more than Stockley.

I think that's a tiny but harsh big hat, a lot of his opportunities were out wide I think and he really doesn't look comfortable there.

Seems more lively when up front?

People seem to think because he's quick he can play out there and he clearly can't. I suppose it is a bit unfair given most of his appearances have seen him shunted out there but I just do not get what the fascination is with him. He has pace and has scored a few goals before but just isn't good enough for me.

If his attitude off the pitch is poor as has been rumored then we are well rid tbh.

We have two mobile, intelligent and technically good strikers now with Maynard and May. We have a poacher in Rooney. Our fourth option has to offer something different in scenarios where these three are not managing to make an impact.

Storey has one asset and that is pace. The problem is his pace isn't going to change a game where May or Maynard aren't getting any joy because they are usually going to be games where teams are playing deep. I'm sure Storey will do well in a worse team where he gets more space to use his pace in behind. Basically the same as O'Halloran at St Johnstone.

Stockley is more likely to be able to change a game where teams are sitting deep. He's created and scored important goals for us off the bench in the past. Even if you think he's shite, he is a target in the box and defences have to mark him which makes space for others if nothing else.

Stockley should stay.

• Upvote 1

We have two mobile, intelligent and technically good strikers now with Maynard and May. We have a poacher in Rooney. Our fourth option has to offer something different in scenarios where these three are not managing to make an impact.

Storey has one asset and that is pace. The problem is his pace isn't going to change a game where May or Maynard aren't getting any joy because they are usually going to be games where teams are playing deep. I'm sure Storey will do well in a worse team where he gets more space to use his pace in behind. Basically the same as O'Halloran at St Johnstone.

Stockley is more likely to be able to change a game where teams are sitting deep. He's created and scored important goals for us off the bench in the past. Even if you think he's shite, he is a target in the box and defences have to mark him which makes space for others if nothing else.

Stockley should stay.

Agree to an extent. I can see why he starts certain games - the gripe being we need someone to do his job better. His card is marked up here, its a miracle if we finish a game without him being sent off.

• Upvote 1

Obviously not a first choice out wide, but all it takes is an injury to Wright plus Christie cant play against Celtic and our 3 behind the striker has limited options. He looks this season as if hes coming onto a game, certainly showing more than Stockley.

One goal against ten-men Hamilton doesn't equate to coming onto a game for me.

I would be very happy to have my opinion changed by him but can't see it happening.

• Downvote 1

Stockley should stay.

I agree with this. IMO Stockley can improve with the right coaching and does offer us something different when needed.

• Downvote 1

People seem to think because he's quick he can play out there and he clearly can't. I suppose it is a bit unfair given most of his appearances have seen him shunted out there but I just do not get what the fascination is with him. He has pace and has scored a few goals before but just isn't good enough for me.

If his attitude off the pitch is poor as has been rumored then we are well rid tbh.

I agree he's not great out wide and would have to be a very last ditch option there really.

Up front I like the look of him tbh, more than Stockley.

Off pitch I've no real knowledge of his attitude etc so not much point debating that one.

Stockley should stay.

This is true. He's changed games in the past - impact sub though, that's all...