Callum Morris

Glad it's only a year. Disappointing if this is the alternative, after missing out on Paul Hanlon. Rather see Scott McKenna get his chance.

Has McInnes run out of ideas?

Did he have any in the first place?

I see this as a wasted wage. He is simply a replacement for Quinn (which was needed last January really) but what we really need is a FIST choice CH & if we did this there would be no need for this wasted wage on him. Especially when we have a decent prospect in McKenna to fill the back up role along with Considine.

McInnes is touching on desperation/anyone will do type signings it seems again. He is soon going to lose a lot of faith/support if he keeps this up.

He'd better not fk up with the central midfield signing & also (hopefully) a right sided mid.

Stockley & Storey I am ok with. They give us decent options & we still have Rooney to rely on but the other areas of the team is where he REALLY needs better signings.

Can't help thinking we are getting fobbed off again & only a matter of time until the usual "the squad is pretty much complete anyway & we don't need more signings" pish. Which basically means he & we have been shafted by budget fears again.

• Downvote 4

Did he have any in the first place?

I see this as a wasted wage. He is simply a replacement for Quinn (which was needed last January really) but what we really need is a FIST choice CH & if we did this there would be no need for this wasted wage on him. Especially when we have a decent prospect in McKenna to fill the back up role along with Considine.

McInnes is touching on desperation/anyone will do type signings it seems again. He is soon going to lose a lot of faith/support if he keeps this up.

He'd better not fk up with the central midfield signing & also (hopefully) a right sided mid.

Stockley & Storey I am ok with. They give us decent options & we still have Rooney to rely on but the other areas of the team is where he REALLY needs better signings.

Can't help thinking we are getting fobbed off again & only a matter of time until the usual "the squad is pretty much complete anyway & we don't need more signings" pish. Which basically means he & we have been shafted by budget fears again.

Think Mcinnes can some times get average players to punch above their weight, as such.

WHOOOHOOOO, meltdown city.

Today's top tips from the Wookie:

1. Don't listen to anything DUTD fans say, they have absolutely no clue

2. We've signed a defender, hurrah

3. Good goalkeepers DO affect defenders performance, shock

Does Neil Alexander fit this bill?

We are settling for challenging Hearts rather than Celtic. Nothing so far to suggest otherwise.

That post is embarrassing. For you, not me. In fact, it's almost cringe worthy.

Anyways, Callum Morris Welcome to AFC. You didn't ask to be signed. Get yer heed doon and stick in.

You've spent an afternoon arguing a keeper doesnt affect the performance of defenders and doesnt communicate with them to assist in their defensive role.

You then think I should be embarrassed?

Clown.

I take it Morris is only expected to be a replacement for Quinn, ie experienced cover at CB?

I can't really recall the lad so can't comment much.

CB not as much a priority as GK, CM and Forward IMO.

Pretty good to see we've got 5 in so far. Maybe McInnes agreed with me on getting a few more in this window and shaking things up a little bit - I hope so.

Couple of CMs in, move Flood or Pawlett out and I'll be fairly happy. :-)

Have to say that I'm impressed with how many posters have been keeping track of Morris' career, analysing his performances and making detailed assessments.

Ashamed to say that I never really paid much attention to him as he played for United, so I've actually got no idea whether he is good, bad or indifferent.

P.S. I'm even more impressed by the folks tracking Paul hanlons career, I mean hibs aren't even the same division and there were loads of dons fans who had paid particular attention to him.

Bravo.

Have to say that I'm impressed with how many posters have been keeping track of Morris' career, analysing his performances and making detailed assessments.

Ashamed to say that I never really paid much attention to him as he played for United, so I've actually got no idea whether he is good, bad or indifferent.

P.S. I'm even more impressed by the folks tracking Paul hanlons career, I mean hibs aren't even the same division and there were loads of dons fans who had paid particular attention to him.

Bravo.

A high level of expertise here Ernie

Ediot

Bravo.

Maybe you are just stuck in a Dandy bubble :dontknow:

You've spent an afternoon arguing a keeper doesnt affect the performance of defenders and doesnt communicate with them to assist in their defensive role.

You then think I should be embarrassed?

Clown.

Don't go rewriting history there chap. I did no such thing. I agree that any keeper worth his salt will instil confidence in his defence. I never said anything to the contrary. Nor did I say anything other than a keeper will communicate with his defence where appropriate, such as corners, set pieces, setting up the wall, etc (not when the player is on the frigging half way line however).

The debate was around the slightly bonkers assertion that both Taylor and Reynolds have in some way suffered in form, due to the loss of Ward. I've shot that one down in flames in several posts. Next you'll be telling us Rooney suffered a goal drought due to losing his lucky white heather!

Don't go rewriting history there chap. I did no such thing. I agree that any keeper worth his salt will instil confidence in his defence. I never said anything to the contrary. Nor did I say anything other than a keeper will communicate with his defence where appropriate, such as corners, set pieces, setting up the wall, etc (not when the player is on the frigging half way line however).

The debate was around the slightly bonkers assertion that both Taylor and Reynolds have in some way suffered in form, due to the loss of Ward. I've shot that one down in flames in several posts. Next you'll be telling us Rooney suffered a goal drought due to losing his lucky white heather!

I know what the 'debate' was about

It was me that started the keeper chat

Idiot

Arguing about what you are arguing about, classic :laughing:

Unfortunately a lot of posters do like to respond to posts without actually reading the post properly or trying understand what was intended. Instead they start an argument about their own interpretation of something which was never there in the first place.

Its a common problem. Spam has my sympathy.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately a lot of posters do like to respond to posts without actually reading the post properly or trying understand what was intended. Instead they start an argument about their own interpretation of something which was never there in the first place.

Indeed.

You do also get folk thinking that just because you have replied to their post, or quoted it, that they are in some way having a go at them.

So coming across as affa touchy, they'll jump right in with a put down or superiority complex reply as standard.

You two cunts are the worst. :laughing:

;)

How dare you say that about my mother you cunt.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 months later...