Callum Morris

Guest milne_afc

He'll make his debut soon enough

A bold prediction. Out on loan in January, I reckon. Signed as leverage in another deal - only viable explanation.

Guest milne_afc

There's another one.

You're talking pish.

Listen Stumpy. Nobody threw you a peanut, so shut the fuck up or i'll break your jaw at Hampden in front of your kids.

Why sign him when we have McKenna?

What is McInnes. problem with our youth players?

They're all shite and looked out of their depth when they've been given an opportunity.

I don't think they are all shite, but the fact is young players coming in will have a steep learning curve - the development league just isn't strong enough. Even if it was young players need some time to adapt, learn how to deal with the new pressure and start to perform to their ability.

I think Deek's problem is he doesn't want to go through that process for guys who might only prove to be squad players and its easier to buy in squad players with some experience.

Its a shame but partly this comes with the current success level we have had and the expectation that we all have for the team to continue to push Celtic and certainly finished above everyone else in the league.

We know from the tactics that McInnes isn't a gambler, he is risk averse. So its not surprising he doesn't take chances with young players much.

The development league has been found out after all the "colt" teams got hammered by fucking pub teams in the Irn Bru cup.

Indeed. The Scottish Premiership is grossly under rated up here but the lower leagues aren't as far behind as some seem to think!

Maybe shows that putting under 20s teams into the SPFL lower leagues could be a good call. Put them up against some proper teams. I don't think we'd have a big enough squad though.

Totally agree. It works for other leagues and it'll work for us. Squad numbers can be addressed by playing reserve senior players as well. The diddy teams might moan that it gives the colt teams an unfair advantage but fuck them. Plus the colt teams can never play a higher or equal division to their parent club anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...