Aberdeen V Fola Esch (3 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

Typical 1st competitive game. Looked extremely ring rusty.

Should've been more comfortable, but with 2 goals disallowed and them equalizing it had it's moments.

They're shite though and we'll win comfortably over there.

Looking forward to the trip.

Stockley looked ok for his first game. Decent in the air and a great attempt with the overhead kick.

Jack was poor again. Really struggling.

Roll on round 2.

• Upvote 1

Shite game, shite pies, shite referee and a shite singing section.

Ryan Jack a total bombscare tonight. No leadership either from him. It's really time he lose the arm band and focus fully on his football again.

That being said I'd have happily taken a 3-1 lead before kick off. Shinnie 4 prez.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Christ, everyone shitting their pants a bit.

Could have easily been 6/7. They are shite but had a few bits of alright play. Cheating bastards, was brilliant how we scored the 2 winning goals in the time they wasted.

Jack still looking shot of confidence and that goal wouldn't have helped.

Stockley had some nice knock downs to create a couple of chances. Bit of awareness about him but nae sure about him with the ball at his feet.

First competitive game of the season, 3-1 win to take over there, that'll do.

• Upvote 1

Think we still need a good passing big midfielder ( thought o'connor might play DM ? ) and a CB too.....Think Storey could improve us and give us a good opotion.

Free kicks were shocking, and over hit crosses etc..

But let them off they got the job done in their 1st competitive game so onto next week.

Singing section doesn't work in the Merkland, that drum was fucking really irritating, should have kept up high so no one could hear it, can see the club being hit by complaints tomorrow, lot of folk round me seemed to be getting pissed off with the noise, didn't add to the atmosphere at all, was just a racket.

I think the price increase in the catering is almost as annoying as the drum.

£2.85 Pittodrie pie. £2.50 Steak pie. £1.80 Scotch pie, biggest piss take £2.10 for a small fanta, that's a tiny bit of syrup that would cost pennies put into fizzy water.

WTF is in a Pittodrie pie to make it so expensive and where do they get all the jet black people who work there, I don't see them any other time, do they ship them in from somewhere.

£2.85 Pittodrie pie. £2.50 Steak pie. £1.80 Scotch pie, biggest piss take £2.10 for a small fanta, that's a tiny bit of syrup that would cost pennies put into fizzy water.

WTF is in a Pittodrie pie to make it so expensive and where do they get all the jet black people who work there, I don't see them any other time, do they ship them in from somewhere.

That nae the other way about min? The mince pies always used to be a bit cheaper than the steak.

The come up from the central belt. Sodexo have some weird staffing ideas.

That nae the other way about min? The mince pies always used to be a bit cheaper than the steak.

The come up from the central belt. Sodexo have some weird staffing ideas.

Nah, that's why I remembered the pricing, Pittodrie pie was dearer than the steak, didn't matter anyway as they didn't have any at all at half time, think more must have arrived second half as I saw someone with one but it was clear the planning was a shambles and the staff didn't know what they were doing.

Ripping us off simply as ?

Wouldn't be such a big hit on your own but when people are buying for their kids as well it quickly adds up, easy for people to say don't buy them then but it kind of adds to the matchday experience, in saying that once I've sampled the elusive Pittodrie pie that will be me for the season, the crust on the Macaroni pie nearly got the better of my teeth.

Wouldn't be such a big hit on your own but when people are buying for their kids as well it quickly adds up, easy for people to say don't buy them then but it kind of adds to the matchday experience, in saying that once I've sampled the elusive Pittodrie pie that will be me for the season, the crust on the Macaroni pie nearly got the better of my teeth.

It doesnt add to its part of.

Family of 4 will be spending the guts of £80 a game. £580 if 3 of you go and the other heads to fucking union square.

What a difference that 7mins made at the end. A 1 v 1 result and we would have been shite and all complaining despite the domination. 3 v 1 puts a whole new complexion on attitudes. Obviously their goal is a kick in the nuts and still need to be careful next week. Personally i thought we were a bit rusty but did have more penetrating thrust to us ( Deviant corner i know ) which was lacking last season. Also got the new guy starting today and hopefully a new solid as fuck midfielder before the next leg, so a lot to be pleased about. All in all, job done for the first leg.

Stockley is a good signing. Wins everything in the air. Rooney has to play at the same time as him.

No point Jack even being on the pitch when he backs off until the other team has actually crossed it or shot.

We're so slow at attacking. Passing at snail pace then whoever gets the ball stops it dead and everyone stops moving.

McGinn's delivery is 70% of the time a joke.

My infonet is slow

:)

We definitely weren't up to speed yet, looked okay overall. Anyone moaning about any of the players who are basically playing the equivalent of the second pre-season match should give themselves a shake. This is the first time AFC have played a competitive match in June apparently, shockeroonie.

And the new Pittodrie pie was pretty good, I had two

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Singing section doesn't work in the Merkland, that drum was fucking really irritating, should have kept up high so no one could hear it, can see the club being hit by complaints tomorrow, lot of folk round me seemed to be getting pissed off with the noise, didn't add to the atmosphere at all, was just a racket.

Ehm, is that not the whole point in having a singing section - to create noise (thus atmosphere)? Jeez, you're at the football, not the theatre min. Did you not see Logan trying to gee up the crowd before he scored. It was like a pre-season friendly at times. That said, pretty poor effort from those that were advocating a singing section. It's just the same group of mates basically (disbanded legacy of Ultras is it not?).

I think the price increase in the catering is almost as annoying as the drum.

Aye, wtf is all that about? £1.60 for a CapriSun or small carton of Ribena!!

Shite game, shite pies, shite referee and a shite singing section.

Ryan Jack a total bombscare tonight. No leadership either from him. It's really time he lose the arm band and focus fully on his football again.

That being said I'd have happily taken a 3-1 lead before kick off. Shinnie 4 prez.

Thought the game itself was quite entertaining/nailbiting. 1st half forgetful, but 2nd was much more like it, especially as Fulla Pesh did their bit with some timewasting and theatrics. Fair woke the crowd up.

Ref was decent enough I thought. Had to rely on his linesman for a couple of dodgy decisions and took balls to overrule him for our 2nd.

Jack, as I mentioned coupe of days back, is just not the winning ticket. He may be better with someone else along side to resume responsibility (as Robson did). But he's all at sea and is becoming our very own Barry Ferguson with his sideways passing.

So what's in the 'Pittodrie Pie'? Though Steak was as good as it usually got? Either way, £2.50 for a Steak Pie, which you can pick up from any bakers for a quid, is daylight robbery.

And all of this after an extensive survey by the club and talk of improvement. If raising prices in a market of dimensioning returns, is supposed to improve matters, then we need to have a serious word with ourselves.

First game of the season and already folks greeting about the price of pies, dinna fucking buy them then simples !

Which is and has never been, the point. The point is that it's an abuse of the loyalty and endeavours shown by our support. I can almost put up with motorway cafes ripping the arse out of the passing motorist, as we have no affiliation to the likes of Road Chef or whatever they are called. But this is supposed to be our club - our extended family if you will. They give it big licks when trying to get us to buy season tickets and attend games (McInnes asking for us to show loyalty etc) but once in, we get totally humped up the shitter with ridiculous catering prices. Even the price of replica kits is another measure of just how much they take our perceived devotion for granted. In an environment when everyone is trying to tighten then belts, you find you can spend more on a chocolate bar and a drink for your kid, than the bloody entrance fee!! It's a hugely unnecessary business model and flies in the face of any sales and marketing ethos. We need incentives, but we are faced with shocking service and pricing structures, not just in catering mind.

That's some rant for the price of a pie and a sweetie.

Calm down either don't buy from the pie stand or take sweeties from home if it makes you that unhappy.

Exactly.

Well said Zander. Same cunts were moaning about tickets being a fiver too expensive and the top of the RDS being open.

Fucking babies.

Stockley is a good signing. Wins everything in the air. Rooney has to play at the same time as him.

No point Jack even being on the pitch when he backs off until the other team has actually crossed it or shot.

We're so slow at attacking. Passing at snail pace then whoever gets the ball stops it dead and everyone stops moving.

McGinn's delivery is 70% of the time a joke.

There's your answer.