Anthony O'connor.

Chidi?

Honestly, I'm not messing about I am flabbergasted that some of you think that

The day he signed, I said he would play less than 10 games and be a massive flop. 3 minutes of research proved he didn't have the heart to cut it up here. Or in any top league.

I like you MT, but he's worse than the Rwandan genocide

• Upvote 6

It has taken a while for McInnes to come out and say his squad isn't good enough, but it says a lot when someone with as little ability as O'Connor has managed to play 80 games for us in 2 years. I really don't understand what area he is meant to excel in, he isn't physically imposing, he isn't good on the ball and he isn't fast.

He also should have taken Rogic out 5 seconds before he scored last May.

It has taken a while for McInnes to come out and say his squad isn't good enough, but it says a lot when someone with as little ability as O'Connor has managed to play 80 games for us in 2 years. I really don't understand what area he is meant to excel in, he isn't physically imposing, he isn't good on the ball and he isn't fast.

He also should have taken Rogic out 5 seconds before he scored last May.

He's a throw back to the end of the Jimmy Calderwood era, when shitebags with terrible attitudes and limited footballing ability were becoming mainstays in the team.

We all know how that ended up for JC... McInnes would do well to heed that warning.

• Downvote 1

He's a throw back to the end of the Jimmy Calderwood era, when shitebags with terrible attitudes and limited footballing ability were becoming mainstays in the team.

We all know how that ended up for JC... McInnes would do well to heed that warning.

You blaming dementia on Mark Kerr? ?

• Upvote 1

I'd say he isn't the brightest spark rather than having a terrible attitude. Seemed a throwaway comment at someone that had pissed him off that has blown up.

Biggest issue is that he seems to have played a lot because of his versatility, which is just another way of saying that he isn't particularly good at any one position. If you are alternating between 2 or 3 positions on an almost weekly basis, it means you aren't actually good enough to hold down a place in any of them. You shouldn't be holding on to a 25 year old that is in that boat.

Guest the shepherd

AOC has never struck me as having the mental strength to succeed as a footballer.

The minute he makes his inevitable mistake his game goes to shit.

We'll be well rid of him.

The game that typified Anthony O'Connor as to whether he had the mental strength to succeed with Aberdeen or not was the 3-0 defeat to the rangers at Pittodrie last season. He was like someone who had been rescued from a chest freezer after spending the night in one that day although not a lot of folk picked up on it.

Guest the shepherd

Well at least Barton turned out even worse

He starts another venture soon as manager of Fleetwood Town. Given a three year contract from when his ban ends.

• Site Sponsor
Good that O'Connor has been dealt with by the club but he shouldn't be pulling on the jersey this afternoon or again before he packs his bags and leaves at the end of the season.