James Maddison

I'm still quite hopeful we can persuade Norwich to extend the deal.

I think the best solution for Cammy Smith is that United offer a nominal fee to take him permanently

Agreed

Agreed.

Caley late goal aside, I don't recall him doing anything...

St.Johnstone clinching goal

Cracking goal away to Falkirk en route to lifting the cup.

The difference to me is Jack liked to sit deep in the DM role and took the ball from the defence to try to bring in Hayes and McGinn. (We can argue, and I would, how big an appetite he really had for doing this). Instead Maddison drops off the AM role and seeks the ball before using his obvious skill to make space, turn and either bring in Hayes and McGinn who are now on the front foot or running directly at the opposition, something Jack will never do. It's a key distinction. There should technically be room for both with the obvious switch being Jack for Maclean. Nice to have the competition for a change.

The difference to me is Jack liked to sit deep in the DM role and took the ball from the defence to try to bring in Hayes and McGinn. (We can argue, and I would, how big an appetite he really had for doing this). Instead Maddison drops off the AM role and seeks the ball before using his obvious skill to make space, turn and either bring in Hayes and McGinn who are now on the front foot or running directly at the opposition, something Jack will never do. It's a key distinction. There should technically be room for both with the obvious switch being Jack for Maclean. Nice to have the competition for a change.

I can see where your going with it. For what's it's worth I don't think Maclean had been bad the last two games and the team looks to be forming quite nicely. I don't think anyone should be dropped at the moment.

No, I'd certainly keep Shinnie in the midfield. He gives us the bite we desperately craved for so long. I think Considine has done a fine job for a couple seasons now and deserves his place.

Maddison is the key though. He makes us tick. He's what Goodwillie should have been, a proper playmaker.

No, I'd certainly keep Shinnie in the midfield. He gives us the bite we desperately craved for so long. I think Considine has done a fine job for a couple seasons now and deserves his place.

At this point, I'd have to agree. No point changing a team that's doing well and improving and that's despite me really wanting to see Shinnie at LB generally speaking.

Jack should only be on the bench for the same reason.

For me, some of the most exciting football under Mciness was in his first season where Mcginn and hayes had free reign. It seems like the last few games teams have been focusing in on maddison and Hayes and Mcginn have obviously benefited from that. I thought the sportscene segment on him illustrated that pretty well. The dribble he had in the second half where he had about 4 people around him was ridiculous-reminiscent of those shots you see of messi with that many defenders around him

• 3 weeks later...

Heard on twitter that Maddison was spotted out on the town singing hun songs with McLean, Shinnie and Jack. Time for wholesale changes to the squad I say. Rooney and Stockley also need dropped for not wearing Poppies for the full 90 minutes on Friday.

I dont think anythink like that was posted on twitter.

Its actually all in your imagination.

Heard on twitter that Maddison was spotted out on the town singing hun songs with McLean, Shinnie and Jack. Time for wholesale changes to the squad I say. Rooney and Stockley also need dropped for not wearing Poppies for the full 90 minutes on Friday.

Probably came from fatty russo so must be true.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy really has an opportunity to put his stamp on Scottish football this weekend. I'm backing him in to do it. He's a winner and won't be around the likes of us and Norwich for long. Great bit of business by McInnes. Unsure if a cup win will strengthen or weaken our case if we want to extend loan in January.

It has to strengthen our case - great experience (not to mention shop window) for the lad. But conversely, and unavoidably, it also strengthens the case for them taking him back but only (and this is where the lad's own opinion kicks in) if he would walk straight into first team football. My hunch is no (and far be it from me to wish a bad injury on Naismith..... )

#rememberrobmilsom