Dundee V Aberdeen (1 - 3)

I'll go with 2-1 us

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine

Shinnie

Burns Maddison Hayes

Rooney Storey

Can't see that lineup happening but would like it to be the case.

That ^^^ playing in their third would tear them apart.

Alternatively our most excellent front 5 could stand and watch on the halfway line as we attempt to play deep in our third getting torn a new one.

Joking apart that's pretty much Deek's current dilemma. Does he try to play to OUR strengths which that ^^^ is and risk still getting poor results because he doesn't have Jack to hold it together (his choice, not mine) when he inevitably still insists on trying to play it deep. Personally that for me is the side for St J since we know lumping it long to one up top is meat and drink to Wright's all-stars. So do we try and bed it in on Sunday and take it from there? Bet he doesn't.

Dropping McGinn would be fucking mental.

So who do you drop from that line up to fit in the mercurial magical Mcginn?

I assume Burns to achieve what? (please ensure your answer does not include the words byline, crossing or fucking assists).

Maddison looks like a guff fae Hartleys arse would bla the cunt over.

My concern also - with his backup/alternate being Pawlette or Maclean. :hypno: Having slagged him mind I wouldn't be massively concerned if he tried Mcginn in there but its a risk and which game to you take risks in? The stop the rot must win league fixture, the cup tie or the cauldron of hate?

Edit: answer of course is once we're 3-0 up in all three!

I guess the hope is that over 38 game season the strong bench should count towards some better results, we've tailed off badly the last two seasons.

I hope that's the way it turns oot min.

Not sure if I have the confidence in the management team to get that right.

I accept it may take a bit of time to find the right formula. Of course.

Time will nae doot tell if they can pull it off.

So who do you drop from that line up to fit in the mercurial magical Mcginn?

I assume Burns to achieve what? (please ensure your answer does not include the words byline, crossing or fucking assists).

His assists from crossing from the byline are crucial.

In a team that is struggling to create chances you want to leave out the boy who's been involved in 75% of our league goals?

His assists from crossing from the byline are crucial.

In a team that is struggling to create chances you want to leave out the boy who's been involved in 75% of our league goals?

McGinn is scoring goals as well as setting them up but a team can work better without a player despite him setting up and scoring goals.

I'd play McGinn though.

McGinn in for Burns for me- not sure Burns has done anything yet?

I'd keep Rooney in too- he knows which positions to take up to score goals- if Burns had cut back to him instead of going himself he'd have had a tap in against Inverness and we'd have won comfortably

Of he was getting easy chances and missing then I'd be concerned but there's only been one player in a Scotland better at scoring than him over the last 2 seasons

McGinn in for Burns for me- not sure Burns has done anything yet?

I'd keep Rooney in too- he knows which positions to take up to score goals- if Burns had cut back to him instead of going himself he'd have had a tap in against Inverness and we'd have won comfortably

Of he was getting easy chances and missing then I'd be concerned but there's only been one player in a Scotland better at scoring than him over the last 2 seasons

Without turning this into a Rooney thread....he's been missing chances regularly.

Without turning this into a Rooney thread....he's been missing chances regularly.

He always has been. Only thing that has changed is the fact he's being given LESS chances to convert due to McInnes not having a clue how to best set up his side.

Whilst I was happy with the signings/options McInnes now has going forward I did think that he would be more than a little confused tactically with how to use them.

Thats a big part of it - last 3 seasons the side has picked itself. This year, theres a fair amount of fucking about discovering whats best. Work to do.

More often than not McInnes struggles to even make the right substitution & at the right time, so it is no surprise that he would struggle to set the team up right in the first place.

I am in no way suggesting that I could pick a better side but I doubt I would do much worse than him.