Those s should have stayed away from that square on Friday. I never understood the fascination with it anyway, I found it boring in 2013.

As I warned you last week. The vast amount of retards in the TA should have told you that they just couldn't stay away from Trafalgar Square. This flashing at women and children is nothing new either it's normally considered "patter" by the press only reason it isn't this time is because of the total lack of respect shown to the war dead this time.

Sad times when we are a disgrace both on and off the park.

O'Neil seems to at very least entertain players from the Scottish Premiership

This is exactly what we need, someone who doesn't see the championship down south or the OF as the only show in town.

Right now I'd happily see the likes of Considine or Anderson from st Johnstone instead of Hanley. That's how bad I rate the Scotland defence.

This is exactly what we need, someone who doesn't see the championship down south or the OF as the only show in town.

Right now I'd happily see the likes of Considine or Anderson from st Johnstone instead of Hanley. That's how bad I rate the Scotland defence.

@@Panda wrote a good article about it a few years ago in The Aberdonian.

Genuinely right now I'd be looking to keep Snodgrass, Marshall and Burke. The rest should be players from Scotland.

Scotland's shame.

Can't even behave themselves on armistice day.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tartan-army-chiefs-slam-drunken-9250381

I'm not Tartan Army fan but come on. What a complete non story. This armistice day is just a bunch of people waiting to be offended by anything.

For what it's worth was never 3 goals in it in terms of balance of play.

I'm not Tartan Army fan but come on. What a complete non story. This armistice day is just a bunch of people waiting to be offended by anything.

The memorials at trafalgar took players hours before the drunkenness started. Scotland fans attended the memorials and observed them impecibly, they were praised by veterans who were there. There's a lot of dickheads in the TA and plenty reasons to be critical but this is a non story. Were they drunk and misbehaving? Yes they were but this isn't not unique to Scotland fans on away trips, we're they disrespectful to the rememberence events, no they weren't.

To be fair, I agree.

It was a non story.

Shit like that happens with the TA regardless if there is a remembrance event on or not.

I just rolled it into the thread to provoke debate.

• Downvote 1

It's probably just because it was on armistice day that the press are suddenly doing something about this.

Walk up to a lassie in a park and flash your cock your looking at time and signing on the sex offenders list. Do it surrounded by your mates at one of the most famous landmarks in the country it suddenly becomes "patter".

Sing a questionable song at a club game and you could do time.

Hopefully the SFA ban those responsible.

rubbish

the fans there observed the silence

HOURS later, got hammered

that's what happens at football matches - total non story

see below

The memorials at trafalgar took players hours before the drunkenness started. Scotland fans attended the memorials and observed them impecibly, they were praised by veterans who were there. There's a lot of dickheads in the TA and plenty reasons to be critical but this is a non story. Were they drunk and misbehaving? Yes they were but this isn't not unique to Scotland fans on away trips, we're they disrespectful to the rememberence events, no they weren't.

Very poor showing. Defending was piss. All 3 goals coming from cross balls (inc a corner - no-one on either post btw) and we cannot defend them. The two goals from open play were almost carbon copies.

Players seemed disinterested at times, likely because they know qualifying is already a forlorn hope.
I was also in the busiest pub ever to watch the game, took me 20 mins to get served at one stage. At least that meant I was unable to watch the game for 20-odd minutes - every cloud.

Graeme Speirs was quite rightly saying that a bit part of the problem is that "we just dont have the players".

And thats true, but how much of that is down to successive scotland bosses ignoring promising young players in favour of lower-league journeymen from england and the token scots in the squads of the ugly sisters? Meaning youth never gets a chance to develop / grow.

Graeme Speirs was quite rightly saying that a bit part of the problem is that "we just dont have the players".

And thats true, but how much of that is down to successive scotland bosses ignoring promising young players in favour of lower-league journeymen from england and the token scots in the squads of the ugly sisters? Meaning youth never gets a chance to develop / grow.

But we do have the players.

What we don't have is the fucking mentality.

But we do have the players.

What we don't have is the fucking mentality.

What do we have the players for out of interest? I'd say we don't. Just look at our team. We've got the players to make it harder for teams to beat us but not to qualify for a tournament.

If you look at the Welsh team, they are a class above what we have.

Ramsey and Bale, top class. Allen and Ashley Williams, a couple of classes above anything that we have.

Northern Ireland didn't get to the Euros with Scottish league players despite what some hacks will have you think. They had McGinn who never starts, Magennis who never started games (I know he started Saturday) and McGovern, the goalie. They have some decent English Premiership players. Solid defence (relatively) with Jonny Evans and Gareth McAuley. A cut above Hanley and Berra anyway.... Steven Davis and Chris Brunt, good players, not flash but they'll do a job. A solid core to their team in defence and midfield.

Republic of Ireland have a superior squad of players to us too. Just because they're not superstars they're solid and do a job, most play or are currently playing for their teams in the top flight or championship in England.

There's no consistency in the Scotland squad or team. 8 changes for the England game. 8! Brown retires then waltzes straight back in, the only surprise was he wasn't given the captaincy! No consistency to what the manager says either, he bigs up the need for big guys or players good in the air, then does the opposite vs. England and lone behold, we concede 3 headers. Callum Paterson probably one of the best in the air in that squad is dropped for Anya, was he just proving a point by playing Griffiths? Probably. James Forrest can scuff shots in to the net vs. Alloa and Inverness cos he probably gets around 5 attempts against them but vs. England he was shown up to be the mediocre SPFL player that he is.

The whole things a shambles. Strachan needs to go, someone to come in and organise the team LIKE the Irish but don't expect to qualify for anything with this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What do we have the players for out of interest? I'd say we don't. Just look at our team. We've got the players to make it harder for teams to beat us but not to qualify for a tournament.

If you look at the Welsh team, they are a class above what we have.

Ramsey and Bale, top class. Allen and Ashley Williams, a couple of classes above anything that we have.

Northern Ireland didn't get to the Euros with Scottish league players despite what some hacks will have you think. They had McGinn who never starts, Magennis who never started games (I know he started Saturday) and McGovern, the goalie. They have some decent English Premiership players. Solid defence (relatively) with Jonny Evans and Gareth McAuley. A cut above Hanley and Berra anyway.... Steven Davis and Chris Brunt, good players, not flash but they'll do a job. A solid core to their team in defence and midfield.

Republic of Ireland have a superior squad of players to us too. Just because they're not superstars they're solid and do a job, most play or are currently playing for their teams in the top flight or championship in England.

There's no consistency in the Scotland squad or team. 8 changes for the England game. 8! Brown retires then waltzes straight back in, the only surprise was he wasn't given the captaincy! No consistency to what the manager says either, he bigs up the need for big guys or players good in the air, then does the opposite vs. England and lone behold, we concede 3 headers. Callum Paterson probably one of the best in the air in that squad is dropped for Anya, was he just proving a point by playing Griffiths? Probably. James Forrest can scuff shots in to the net vs. Alloa and Inverness cos he probably gets around 5 attempts against them but vs. England he was shown up to be the mediocre SPFL player that he is.

The whole things a shambles. Strachan needs to go, someone to come in and organise the team LIKE the Irish but don't expect to qualify for anything with this team.

Where the Irish sides outshine us is in defence, I believe we can match them in every other area if the manager is willing to pick the right players. In saying that, Northern Ireland played a right back from Fleetwood Town last weekend. We outmatch Norther Ireland in almost every other area. The Republic started one of their toughest matches away from home with two championship players at centre half. They have a mix of Championship and EPL players but none of the EPL players except maybe Coleman would be classed as top end EPL players. Scotland has the same mix of players, the problem is the manager only knows one system and he makes far too many changes to fit this system

Wales are way above us at the moment and not even worth comparing.

On the subject of Brown, on his current club form I want him in but its the manner in which he has waltzed back in gets to me. We need our best players on form to succeed, he should have been forced to admit he was back for good. If any of our midfielders need to be dropped its Darren Fletcher. He's finished!

James Forrest is a joke player, Its surprises me he gets a game for Celtic let alone Scotland.

I am convinced that Strachan only played Griffiths to prove a point, if Strachan is still around for the next match, he will go back to S.Fletcher if he is fit.

Where I disagree with you is that I believe we can qualify, if we had Northern Ireland's group for the Euros and we had a competent manager, we would have qualified.