Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

I do apologise alscotoz.

Not sure what you mean.

Not sure what you're apologising for.

Politicians of all stripes are destined to let people down...in my experience. Even though it will never directly affect my life, I've always hoped Scotland would be independent, and I hope it will be one day for guys like yourself especially. But it appears that the SNP were not the vehicle to deliver that, and if anything have been a stumbling block. They have wasted a lot of years and need to get out of the way.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Politicians of all stripes are destined to let people down...in my experience. Even though it will never directly affect my life, I've always hoped Scotland would be independent, and I hope it will be one day for guys like yourself especially. But it appears that the SNP were not the vehicle to deliver that, and if anything have been a stumbling block. They have wasted a lot of years and need to get out of the way.

Thank you . 

Yes I do agree .

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

The SNP succumbed to the old adage about how 'absolute power corrupts and power corrupts absolutely'. They had an easy gig after 2014, benefitting from the (deserved) collapse of the Labour Party and, to some extent, the Lib Dems. Both showed that, when push really came to shove, they would defend the status quo at all costs, as evidenced by Labour's dominant role in the Tory-funded "Better Together" campaign and the Lib Dems continued ultra-unionist stance, despite being by far the most pro-EU of them all. 

The SNP became New Labour, in effect, only requiring a yellow rosette at the ballot box (even if said candidate was a trained monkey) to be guaranteed success... And the limited powers of Hollyrood (a glorified parish council, which controls only about 30% of Scotland's affairs) meant they could simply pin most of their failures on Westminster, regardless of the incompetence of careerists like Wishart, neocons like McDonald and shady characters like Murrell. All while doing little, if anything, to actually achieve independence... Also blaming Westminster for this as well! 

Their demise is as deserved as New Labour, but the danger of letting Labour back into power in Scotland should be obvious. It's imperative that the independence movement regroups and, most importantly, learns from its failures, if it's ever going to achieve its goal. 

• 2 weeks later...

The usual masturbation and mumsnet level hysteria from the usual fucking goons any time an snp cunt makes a booboo. Aye cos the tories they vote for dont rinse the old expenses system for everything its got. 

Take the moral high ground when your team starts behaving. Until then, put yir cocks away. 

(the tories/snp/labour - all at it)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3
32 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Nah the real scandal is he was watching Tims v Huns on the 2nd Jan and charging it to us.

Yer party just appointed an unelected boy, who was previously on the take for £10 million to use his influence to "lobby", as Foreign Secretary. 

Yet here you are, playing the faux-indignant fandan. Pipe doon, Pike.  

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...