Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

In what way is it a stupid argument, its notable that you don't say?

41% of the electorate is far removed from the picture the SNP paint of EU's popularity in Scotland.

I'm with parkie on this one. It's always poor to quote election results percentages against total electorate rather than those who voted. I can't think of a situation where it would be better than just writing the results.

You can make the same point you were making without that.

11 hours ago, Simply Red said:

And what does Aberdeen have to show for 40years as the biggest O&G terminal in western Europe - not much imo. Money syphoned off to the Central belt over the years. You think the SNP give a fuck about the people of Aberdeen and the city? They never have and never will. They hate us and hold us all in contempt. They must laugh like fuck that folk in the North East still vote for them. 

FIFY

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Where did I say they have been syphoning O&G money?

It actually says "Money syphoned off...."

Of course that doesn't fit your narrative so you just make things up.

Ok so youve quoted me and changed wee bits to fit your narrative despite it being factually incorrect. 

Well done👍

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Considering they were involved in the majority of the funding of the bypass the SNP must have a better financial record in Aberdeen than any other party for a long long time. 

Aberdeen was a far more happier and busier city when Bob Hughes and Frank Doran, followed by Ann Begg, were the Labour MPs for Aberdeen North and Aberdeen South respectively.

11 hours ago, Ramandu said:

I'm with parkie on this one. It's always poor to quote election results percentages against total electorate rather than those who voted. I can't think of a situation where it would be better than just writing the results.

You can make the same point you were making without that.

I respect you point of view, but I disagree.

The SNP make a big play of being "dragged out the EU against our will" - but that's not really true.

Only a minority of Scots cared enough about the EU to vote to remain.  And so it wasn't really against our will.

Its really the SNP claim which frames the context, not me.

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Because anyone who tries to misrepresent the results of elections by including people who didn't vote is using the argument of an idiot. 

Hi Parky,

That's still not an argument btw.

But there is no misrepresentation, I put forward an accurate summary of the voting outcome.

The SNP try to make Scotland out to be strongly pro-EU, but that is not true.

That's the accurate point I make.

People who didn't bother to vote in the referendum are relevant, when it comes to gauging how pro-EU Scotland was.

10 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I respect you point of view, but I disagree.

The SNP make a big play of being "dragged out the EU against our will" - but that's not really true.

Only a minority of Scots cared enough about the EU to vote to remain.  And so it wasn't really against our will.

Its really the SNP claim which frames the context, not me.

What percentage cared enough to vote to leave?

For context.

On 10/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true Sir.👍

Where in the world gets its energy stolen from them by another country and the trillions made from it gets wasted. Ending up with a huge dept which has nothing to do with us. 

Criminal.

Put it another way what energy do the English government give us anyone know?

44 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Where in the world gets its energy stolen from them by another country and the trillions made from it gets wasted. Ending up with a huge dept which has nothing to do with us. 

Criminal.

Put it another way what energy do the English government give us anyone know?

Absolutely fuck all loon. 

The way the money generated and gained by exploration and production of gas and oil in Scottish waters has been misappropriated is obscenely criminal but nobody is ever brought to task over it. 

Too many palms being greased for that to happen(pardon the pun). 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Absolutely fuck all loon. 

The way the money generated and gained by exploration and production of gas and oil in Scottish waters has been misappropriated is obscenely criminal but nobody is ever brought to task over it. 

Too many palms being greased fir that to happen(pardon the pun). 

What a post MAT.

• Upvote 1